Is it presumptuous to say that Wimbledon away is a must win? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Or will a draw be a step in the right direction?

lifeskyblue

I always believe wins at home are what required and draws away. Clearly we needed a win away today to just to keep with the relegation pack. Now we are so far adrift a draw v Wimbledon would be a good result

PUSB

Hobo

I think we needed a win today, or at the very least a draw. One thing is for sure, we won't stay up by losing.

Otis

The post was sarcastic to be honest.

If today was a must win, then surely the Wimbledon is even more of a must win.

It's all just empty rhetoric. We can say anything we want. We keep turning up and keep getting beat, then words are just hot air and nowt else.

Grendel

Away from home we are catastrophic and have been from day one.

lifeskyblue

Away from home we are catastrophic and have been from day one.

Absolutely. We have been destroyed in many away games this season. Absolutely blown away by a number of teams. You can't ship the number of goals we have and expect any success.

PUSB

Paul Anthony

Let's be honest. We're so far beyond the point where some games are must win. Pretty much every game we play now is must win if we're to have any hope at all. It's asking the impossible really. The only draws that would be any use to us are ones like the Bolton game. And even then those draws only count for anything if you beat those around you.

We are incapable of surviving this season. That's how blunt it really is, in my honest opinion.

oucho

Hang on...several weeks ago people were saying 'we're gone' . People were saying Fleetwood and Chesterfield were must wins. It's long past being must win at Wimbledon. It won't make much of a dent.

It looks like we will need at least 46 points, maybe 48, to even have a chance. We are on a laughable 21 now so that's 27 points from the final 16 games. We have to gain more than double our current points total in hwlf the games that we have played so far.

We need to win half our remaining games and draw three more. We need to win 8 out of 16 and then 3 more to get to 27, and even then it'll be touch and go. We've won 4 out of 30 so far and from early March we are just playing the top teams. Hope died weeks ago Otis especially wirh the lack of decent signings.

Otis

Hang on...several weeks ago people were saying 'we're gone' . People were saying Fleetwood and Chesterfield were must wins. It's long past being must win at Wimbledon. It won't make much of a dent.

It looks like we will need at least 46 points, maybe 48, to even have a chance. We are on a laughable 21 now so that's 27 points from the final 16 games. We have to gain more than double our current points total in hwlf the games that we have played so far.

We need to win half our remaining games and draw three more. We need to win 8 out of 16 and then 3 more to get to 27, and even then it'll be touch and go. We've won 4 out of 30 so far and from early March we are just playing the top teams. Hope died weeks ago Otis especially wirh the lack of decent signings.
I know. I know for sure. Have said for a while we are down, but you have to try and keep a little light burning and hope for a miracle.

A miracle is now what it's going to take. At least 4 wins in a row with all the other teams barely getting a single point.

Then we would have to win something like 5 out of 7 following that.

It's a forgone conclusion, but as I say, we can't just throw in the towel and we have to keep trying anything and everything and see if we can buy a win from somewhere.

jghccfc

Absolutely. We have been destroyed in many away games this season. Absolutely blown away by a number of teams. You can't ship the number of goals we have and expect any success.

PUSB

Agree, but even at home we have been destroyed, Wycombe annihilated us in the second half, today was the day we had to win and I honestly think slade blew it, keep a winning side no matter who we play, at the moment we are nothing more than a mid table league 2 side. A day at Wembley is the only thing we have to look forward to for a long long time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

It's probably worse than that. 50 is normally the safety barrier. So 30 more points is a more realistic target.

W10 D0 L6
W9 D3 L4
W8 D6 L2
W7 D9 L0
Better than these 4

If one of these 5 situations doesn't occur we are down. If we lose on Tuesday the 4th one is no longer possible. Our record this season against the 16 teams we've got to play is W2 D5 L9 F14 A25 P11.

rupert_bear

I said earlier 3 points from the Oldham and Wimbledon games was the minimum so winning at the Dons would be on course for me, points wise obviously better than what 2 draws would have been but had we got 2 draws we'd all have been happy I think

As they say it's a funny old game

Alan Dugdales Moustache

On another thread doing the rounds I said before the Millwall game that we had to take 6 points from the next 3 games . That's now impossible. The odd draw is useful only if we are winning the bulk of matches. Winning is now everything, but why would we suddenly start winning ? What's changed ?

Otis

I said earlier 3 points from the Oldham and Wimbledon games was the minimum so winning at the Dons would be on course for me, points wise obviously better than what 2 draws would have been but had we got 2 draws we'd all have been happy I think

As they say it's a funny old game
Well yeah, One win is better than two draws, but we simply cannot lose against those teams just above us.

They are all six pointers. We could have been 4 points behind Oldham after yesterday. We ended up 10 points behind.

Gosford Green

i can't see us getting more than a couple of 0-0 draws at home and possibly a 1-0 victory .

Away from home we do not look like we will manage even a point.

GaryJones

Hopefully we can look forward to an all conquering season in League 2 - "doing a Doncaster" and sweeping back into League 1 with momentum.

Im trying to keep my hopes up and will pray to god we dont drop out of existence altogether as we are certainly going in that direction right now!

Users who are viewing this thread