Is 'King Kenny' really a 'King'? (1 Viewer)

ronan_cov

Not sure you can call liverpool manager Kenny, 'King' when he is in charge of a top club who are at the minute in 8th place and JUST ABOUT beat blackburn 3-2?

scroobiustom

In answer to the original question, no he is not

he is however, an annoying little shit! not a bad player though :whistle:

rob9872

What would you remember in five years time if you were a fan of the club ... that you won the cup or finished 4th? I know which I would prefer.

Yes they have spent a lot of money but that included a panic buy in an inflated market for Carroll and don't forget he recouped £50m against Torres which is conveniently forgotten when the phone ins quote £100m+. He may not be the messiah but he also started from a much lower platform of players and quality. You need to spend millins in the PL each season just to stand still let alone a club with the expectations of Liverpool. It took Fergie something like 5 years at ManU in times when managers were afforded time and instant success not expected - a decision I'm sure they are now pleased with that they kept faith. Dalgleish should be given at least a similar time to turn things around imo, but the shark hungry media will not allow it.

At the start of the season there are 3 or 4 trophys to aim for they have won one and may finish with two, not exactly what I would call failure. Arsenal have not won anything for a few seasons and yet despite Wenger keeping them running in the black and his history there, bizzarely people were calling for his head a few months back which is a joke. Spurs fans calling for Harry's head as they've not won for a few games blaming the England attention. Chelski chopping and changing because the Champions League still is the holy grail demanded by a chairman who simply doesn't understand. Even the Wolves fans that berated mad Mick constantly I bet wish they had kept quiet now. Whatever your resource there are no guarantees as Man City have just proved and they were already a Champions League team with a solid base of quality players from which to add.

King Kenny - no, pprobably not, but certainly not warranting of such scrutiny concerning his position imo. Fwiw I didn't see tonights game but seeing that Bellamy played and Doni was sent off after 25 mins suggests that not only have they won away against a scrapping side desperate for points but have done it with 10 men and probably a number of changes from the first XI due to the semi on Saturday against Everton (whgio rested Cahill and Jelavic among others last night).

Users who are viewing this thread