Is 'Not going to Wembley'.... (1 Viewer)

tom88

IMO if you don't go to Wembley you cannot class yourself as a Coventry City fan

People who say they are not going are just cutting their nose off to spite their face. There is no excuse for it, as per the OP just like Vegans or in other words just attention seekers. If your team gets to play at Wembley in a competitive final you should be their supporting them.

Obviously some people are unfortunate that cant go due to health problems or age and some financial if you live abroad etc.

ajsccfc

I wouldn't go that far. Anyone who's been watching the worst league team in many of our lifetimes can be forgiven for not getting excited about a cup aimed exclusively at the lower leagues. The people making a huge song and dance about how they're not going can shove it, but not the people who just aren't going.

rob9872

Why are we so hell bent on making our fanbase even further divisive? I admire some people for choosing to stay away and be bound by their principles. I think they're wrong as they are unlikely to have many lifetime opportunities with a team like ours but it's their choice. Enjoy your day out and forget what everyone else is or isn't doing. In fact starting a new thread like this one, does it make you:

a) A wanker or
b) A c**t

NortonSkyBlue

Enjoy your day out and forget what everyone else is or isn't doing. In fact starting a new thread like this one, does it make you:
a) A wanker or
b) A c**t

I thought this was a poll, didn't like either option but went with a) nevertheless......

Bumberclart

Why are we so hell bent on making our fanbase even further divisive? I admire some people for choosing to stay away and be bound by their principles. I think they're wrong as they are unlikely to have many lifetime opportunities with a team like ours but it's their choice. Enjoy your day out and forget what everyone else is or isn't doing. In fact starting a new thread like this one, does it make you:

a) A wanker or
b) A c**t

C)....BOTH!

Bumberclart

I wouldn't go that far. Anyone who's been watching the worst league team in many of our lifetimes can be forgiven for not getting excited about a cup aimed exclusively at the lower leagues. The people making a huge song and dance about how they're not going can shove it, but not the people who just aren't going.

This!

Grendel

People who say they are not going are just cutting their nose off to spite their face. There is no excuse for it, as per the OP just like Vegans or in other words just attention seekers. If your team gets to play at Wembley in a competitive final you should be their supporting them.

Obviously some people are unfortunate that cant go due to health problems or age and some financial if you live abroad etc.

Oh well Im not a fan. See you in the queue for a season ticket in May.

ajsccfc

True elite status fan is anyone who bought our 2010 World Cup commemorative third kit

new-coventry-city-strip-974971837.jpg

shmmeee

Any fan that makes decisions I agree with is a super fan and should not be slated. Fans who support the team in a slightly different way to me are the enemy and should be shot.

hill83

Any fan that makes decisions I agree with is a super fan and should not be slated. Fans who support the team in a slightly different way to me are the enemy and should be shot.

You aren't fitting that on a flag.

skybluetony176

I go and will continue to go to league games. Been to every home game in the trophy bar the West Ham game, including the Semi but I am not going to Wembley through choice.

The simple fact is that given our relegation certainty it feels completely hollow to me now win or lose so I've taken the decision not to attend. Thus far I don't regret that decision. Will I on the day or at some point after? Don't have a clue. But given our complete capitulation in the league this season it's a risk I'm willing to take. Even the last two games with very welcome very rare wins I find myself cynically asking myself is this the result of players trying to play themselves into a Wembley final on their CV rather than a serious relegation fight or a reaction to the new manager.

NorthernWisdom

I go and will continue to go to league games. Been to every home game in the trophy bar the West Ham game, including the Semi but I am not going to Wembley through choice.

The simple fact is that given our relegation certainty it feels completely hollow to me now win or lose now so I've taken the decision not to attend. Thus far I don't regret that decision. Will I on the day or at some point after? Don't have a clue. But given our complete capitulation in the league this season it's a risk I'm willing to take. Even the last two games with very welcome very rare wins I find myself cynically asking myself is this the result of players trying to play themselves into a Wembley final on their CV rather than a serious relegation fight or a reaction to the new manager.
You and Grendel definitely like-minded individuals.

NortonSkyBlue

Oh dear. All of a sudden I'm questioning my decision ;)
Respect your decision Skybluetony176 but the only person you are hurting is yourself.
Coventry City didn't get to Wembley in 104 years and its taken the best part of 30 years this time.
I would suggest that you may not be around next time so why not enjoy the day with your fellow Coventrians?

NorthernWisdom

Respect your decision Skybluetony176 but the only person you are hurting is yourself.
Coventry City didn't get to Wembley in 104 years and its taken the best part of 30 years this time.
I would suggest that you may not be around next time so why not enjoy the day with your fellow Coventrians?
Could argue if we did ever get to a proper final again, he'd enjoy it so much more as he wouldn't have had the experience tainted by second best ;)

FWIW, the over-use of Wembley is one of the main symbols of how the game is now about cash, rather than romance.

But hey, maybe I'll wait till after Sunday for that thread ;)

skybluetony176

We've got a top 8 budget next season so playoff final here I come ;)

fernandopartridge

The simple fact is that given our relegation certainty it feels completely hollow to me now win or lose so I've taken the decision not to attend. Thus far I don't regret that decision. Will I on the day or at some point after? Don't have a clue. But given our complete capitulation in the league this season it's a risk I'm willing to take. Even the last two games with very welcome very rare wins I find myself cynically asking myself is this the result of players trying to play themselves into a Wembley final on their CV rather than a serious relegation fight or a reaction to the new manager.

Deep thinking Tony is here again. Lighten up, it's a day at Wembley and you'll definitely regret it imo. Seeing a sea of sky blue and cheers as the teams come out, it'll be great despite the terrible season otherwise.

trevelfarandwide

So, despite the little disclaimer at the end, am I a 'non-fan' in your opinion?

It isn't for you, or anyone else, to decide what kind of 'supporter' I am - I'm firmly against NOPM, and would be there in the crowd week after week if it were physically and financially possible for me to do so. I would also be at Wembley, but I cannot be there.

As someone who went to games from 6 till 28 years of age, I class myself as a staunch supporter. I always will be. The ability to attend games is not always a measure of a true supporter, though i recognise the 'support' aspect very keenly.

Monners

Deep thinking Tony is here again. Lighten up, it's a day at Wembley and you'll definitely regret it imo. Seeing a sea of sky blue and cheers as the teams come out, it'll be great despite the terrible season otherwise.
This is the whole point of it for me - a sea of sky blue and a great atmosphere (at least until the game starts). I wasn't at Wembley 30 years ago, so this is it for me (I'm 51 so suspect this will be it!)

Users who are viewing this thread