Is there any reason why CCFC (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Can't charge this amount ? think they're going to have to do something for next season.
C5gr2HQWcAA1LzM.jpg

Bob Latchford

going to lose money anyway when only 25% of season ticket holders renew
Exactly . so , could be a good ploy to get the one's who're not renewing to reconsider. doubt many would turn that price down.

robbiekeane

Because they will lose money!
Whilst that's my initial thought...I wonder how much work is done on price elasticity. Wonder if there would be a "sweet spot" where the extra footfall would make up for the lower price. For most clubs they've probably worked through that but with these idiots I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't give a shit

covcity4life

I think 150 for adult st wud see us get 12 or 13k st holders

If not good on account books would defintley help on matchdaya and general good feeling between club and fans

NorthernWisdom

Bradford have been doing this for years and yes, as the advert says, it's a loss leader, with the general plan being to grow the fanbase, at the expense of getting maximum revenue now. FWIW, that's a general policy I agree with. It has, however, meant the club has been on shaky ground a couple of times, and nearly had to give up such a scheme s it requires subsidising from the owners.

When Bradford did this, however, they did it at the start of a new period of ownership, when goodwill was high, and people were disposed to follow. CCFC tried this a season or two back, and had no significant upturn in ticket sales, for obvious reasons. Therefore, to do that, cost them money. Realising that, they reverted to what 99% of clubs do, and charged more to maximise the profit per head, as that ended up with more cash coming in.

Should clubs do it the Bradofrd way? Probably. Will they? Nope. This ain't a SISU issue in isolation however, it's wider than that... and taps into the commodification of the football fan. First thing to do would be to question whether the TV deals and, indeed, need for 24/7 revenue do the average football fan a favour or not

Anyway, there's the answer, and not sure why I've given it as Bob ignores me, and therefore it must be concluded I fall into the following.

Never trust anyone who sides with the Council , Sisu , Goes to Wasps games , Went inside Sixfields , Attention seekers , Bottom Kissers , Deluded , Ego Maniacs ! THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND :) Ignored member LOL no bites here :) move along .

Shame really, as it means any answer will be ignored, and the same question will be asked again and tediously again by our Bob, as he'll never read any answers he don't like.

chiefdave

They tried dropping the prices last season and ended up with less season ticket revenue overall.

While it is nice to have more people in the ground tickets are a primary source of revenue for us and having more people in the ground doesn't generate us more income like it does for other clubs as those revenue streams go to Wasps.

rob9872

Bradford have been doing this for years and yes, as the advert says, it's a loss leader, with the general plan being to grow the fanbase, at the expense of getting maximum revenue now. FWIW, that's a general policy I agree with. It has, however, meant the club has been on shaky ground a couple of times, and nearly had to give up such a scheme s it requires subsidising from the owners.

When Bradford did this, however, they did it at the start of a new period of ownership, when goodwill was high, and people were disposed to follow. CCFC tried this a season or two back, and had no significant upturn in ticket sales, for obvious reasons. Therefore, to do that, cost them money. Realising that, they reverted to what 99% of clubs do, and charged more to maximise the profit per head, as that ended up with more cash coming in.

Should clubs do it the Bradofrd way? Probably. Will they? Nope. This ain't a SISU issue in isolation however, it's wider than that... and taps into the commodification of the football fan. First thing to do would be to question whether the TV deals and, indeed, need for 24/7 revenue do the average football fan a favour or not

Anyway, there's the answer, and not sure why I've given it as Bob ignores me, and therefore it must be concluded I fall into the following.

Shame really, as it means any answer will be ignored, and the same question will be asked again and tediously again by our Bob, as he'll never read any answers he don't like.
Reply so Bob can read :)

Grendel

Not exactly the full picture is it?

Tickets have to ne purchased by the end of March to get his offer. Then during April the price climbs. By the end of April it's £300 - a family of two adults and two children will pay around £900 for tickets by then.

Bob Latchford

shmmeee

Whilst that's my initial thought...I wonder how much work is done on price elasticity. Wonder if there would be a "sweet spot" where the extra footfall would make up for the lower price. For most clubs they've probably worked through that but with these idiots I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't give a shit

As much as I'd love to see cheaper tickets, IIRC when the club tried it before they saw no increase.

Let's be honest if the footballs good or you feel a connection to the team you find the money. I think the kids prices are excellent as it stands and they're what matters.

Bob Latchford

As much as I'd love to see cheaper tickets, IIRC when the club tried it before they saw no increase.

Let's be honest if the footballs good or you feel a connection to the team you find the money. I think the kids prices are excellent as it stands and they're what matters.
Agree with that but going from 5k to 3k think they're going to have to do something.

robbiekeane

Oh right, well at least they tried then.

I know that if I could snap up a season ticket for £150 I would get one today

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn't pay £1.50 to watch the shit we produce at the moment, there has to be a substantial price drop next year but can't see it.

dongonzalos

At some point you have to look at increasing revenue long term to get to break even, not just short term costing cutting. It cannot work one way as revenue will keep decreasing.
You do deals like Bradford have.
If you also engage the fans correctly and make the fans feel valued.
Invest in some players and give the fans genuine hope.
Long term revenue will increase.

Last edited:

CovBurty

The logic is all wrong. It's not the pricing stupid it's the team. Get the team rocking and then you can judge pricing. What's the point of cheap season tickets to watch shite?

Bob Latchford

The logic is all wrong. It's not the pricing stupid it's the team. Get the team rocking and then you can judge pricing. What's the point of cheap season tickets to watch shite?
That's my point . they can't charge top dollar to watch crap, can they ?

Bob Latchford

scubasteve

Well put it this way it's going to take me and my family, a massive drop in season ticket prices to get me to renew. Unless prices are lower than last season, they have lost 4 season ticket holders. I took the price increase this season on the chin as I foolishly expected a season at least on a par from last season.
Had a season ticket for the last 24 years minus Northampton, so a price of £150 per ticket is more than the £0 they will get if prices stay as they are.

CovBurty

Season tickets were sold this season with the belief we would build on good previous season. Sold a dud. After first two games you could see the faults. Not sure many will go with cheap option next year in bottom league. Yes Bottom league.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Agreed. many ST holders have stated they won't be ripped off again.
I have in the last few home games spoke to over 20 S T holders and to a man they have all said if SISU are still here they will not be renewing .It would be nice if someone who knows how these thing work(luddite me) to ask S T holders and only them how many will renew a straight yes or no.

Cv3cov

Between me and my boys we have 4 ST. Not renewing next yr. The day we get new owners Ill renew.

hill83

Season tickets were sold this season with the belief we would build on good previous season. Sold a dud. After first two games you could see the faults. Not sure many will go with cheap option next year in bottom league. Yes Bottom league.

It's not even the bottom league, there's a long long way for us to fall yet.

Users who are viewing this thread