Is Vincenti the new Baker? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yeah seems like a normal bloke.

He sent me a DM saying I'm the most knowledgable person he had ever seen so he's ok by me*

*He didn't really.

woody11462

Responding to fans on twitter, thanking them for their comments etc

read the comments

Is it not people responding to the fact that the lad reviewing him have him 4/10 for yesterday's performance? Was that a fair rating, I wasn't there so it's a genuine question. One game in and probably feels like someone is slagging him off.

better days

Very tall guys are never easy on the eye. I thought Vincente had a good game. Never hiding, winning every header and linking up play to keep possession
His clever switching of wings with Jones made a big difference to the youngsters game as it made it harder for County to double up on him
That's one of the many improvements on last year

Irish Sky Blue

I was surprised how tall he is. He marked Ameobi at a throw in the second half and was taller than him. It is interesting the way that he is played. As the two forwards are quite small, a lot of the long forward balls are to Vincenti's head. He won most of the heading contests in the game. He is an odd "wide man" as I would doubt we will see him very often with the ball at his feet attacking the opposition full back. He seems to lack pace but is very good at what he is asked to do on yesterday's showing.

lifeskyblue

Like others have said his height makes he seem a little awkward. He was always involved, won headers and never pulled out of a tackle. Like the rest of the players he worked hard and contributed to the team performance. I think he will be an important player for robbins this season.
As for a 4...no player in sky blue deserved less than a 6 or 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

Is it not people responding to the fact that the lad reviewing him have him 4/10 for yesterday's performance? Was that a fair rating, I wasn't there so it's a genuine question. One game in and probably feels like someone is slagging him off.
No, I can only deduce the blogger doesn't really understand football.

Grendel

No the bloke is an ignorant clown

Nick

Administrator

He is a "football blogger" saying he didn't do anything towards our attack, he got an assist for starters which shows it as nonsense. Also won a fair few cushioned headers which went to our strikers feet which got the ball from a goal kick to our strikers quickly and easily.

Obviously people will have their own views, but sometimes it's as if people have missed half the game.

He also gave Biamou a 9, granted he also got an assist but he didn't have chance to do much else.

shmmeee

That Football Lab kid is clearly a moron.

Reading through Vincenti's feed he comes off as a top bloke. I also realise Ive been spelling his name wrong this whole time.

pusbccfc

Seems a funny guy and is certainly gangly like Baker.

CovBurty

No, I can only deduce the blogger doesn't really understand football.
that would be my view. his profile pic he looks about 15. So he's just learning stuff. great response from vincenti tho. respectful and no malice. i hope he does well here. i gave him a 7. he was useful for us. dont forget oppo have to deal with him. his heading ability scares me! he did ok for me and I'm very critical. all players did well. I liked that Grimmer geezer. plenty of fight and enough skill for that position. good start. Well done MR first game in.

skybluesam66

did nearly gift them the 1st when they hit the post
Doyle tore a strip out of him
It did spur him on though rather than him feeling sorry for himself

it was on ok performance i think - but also we have to get used to league 2 football

I reviewed him a 6 yesterday saying "Languid style and lack of commitment when tackling will divide opinion. Effective game on this occasion". I stand by my comments but know others didn't agree. Certainly don't think he had a bad game. I said he'd divide opinion. Hopefully he doesn't get judged too soon and turn into a 'marmite' player with fans. Despite his awkwardness and style I think he will be an asset.

Grendel

did nearly gift them the 1st when they hit the post
Doyle tore a strip out of him
It did spur him on though rather than him feeling sorry for himself

it was on ok performance i think - but also we have to get used to league 2 football

So will Vincetti as the last 3 years he's been in league 1

Users who are viewing this thread