Isle of Wight Scooter Rally (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just thought I'd share this with you guys. It's the annual August Bank Holiday Scooter Rally. They're here all weekend but have a huge meet-up on the Sunday and ride all round the island. This was in Ryde........
Ryde Scooter Rally August 27th 2017.jpg

pastythegreat

A ride starting in Ryde? Nice. I know a few guys that go down to this. Weller was there last year if I recall correctly??
Looks like.theyve got the weather anyway!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

A ride starting in Ryde? Nice. I know a few guys that go down to this. Weller was there last year if I recall correctly??
Looks like.theyve got the weather anyway!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
It is sooo blooomin' hot here!

Houchens Head

Just as an aside, it's thought locally that the Beatles loved coming here in their heyday. Hence the words in "When I'm 64".... "...we could rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear..." and also the hit "Ticket to Ride" was originally written as "Ticket to Ryde". Not sure how true that is though!

Gazolba

I used to own a red and white 1967 Lambretta SX150. Went all over England and Wales on it.
The only vehicle I have ever bought brand new.

torchomatic

I went on my scooter in 83 and 84. In 84 there were apparently 13k scooters there. Great memories.

skybluetony176

I'm a 4 cylinder, 4 stroke, Japanese bike fan (70, 80's era mainly) but I'd still love a lamberetta.

When something is cool something is cool and lamberettas are cool. Some should calm down with the wing mirrors and spotlights though. You can have too much of a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread