It's not an either / or (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Can we get away from this ridiculous notion that, as soon as somebody bids, they're the only option we'll ever have who's not SISU?

That's just repeating the mistakes of the past, which led to... SISU.

If a bid is right, it's right and if wrong... it's wrong. But if it's wrong... focussing on it can be very destructive, for us. It can restrict those who may bid from coming forward.

So... no either / or, please/

Kingokings204

I agree but couple of points.

1. Fans and some fans in particular hate sisu so much which is their own doing I may add that they want regime change in any form any way possible.

2. I don't think fans see Hoffman as a long term solution. I see him taking over and and at least keeping the club going and not folding and then maybe after a promotion sell us on to people willing to take a chance and invest.

shmmeee

In theory I agree, but you'd imagine someone else would show up rather than Hoffman in a variety of hats if there were options out there.

Real turd burger vs. Shit sandwich situation this.

clint van damme

I agree but couple of points.

1. Fans and some fans in particular hate sisu so much which is their own doing I may add that they want regime change in any form any way possible.

2. I don't think fans see Hoffman as a long term solution. I see him taking over and and at least keeping the club going and not folding and then maybe after a promotion sell us on to people willing to take a chance and invest.

I'd agree with that, I'm sure Hoffman stated their aim is to get the club back to the Championship which suggest that the consortium doesn't have the funds to underwrite a Bournemouth/Brighton style gamble for the Premiership.

But I would also say that as much as I can't disagree with the sentiment of NWs post the other issue is, I believe, that we are quickly running out of time.

NorthernWisdom

It's not unreasonable to ask why we'd want a man heavily associated with the SISU era to return, is it?

It's also not unreasonable to ask who these local businessmen are, and why they need one of the failures of the SISU era to head it up either, is it?

What if one of these local businessmen turned out to be Tim Fisher...?

Beyond that, I feel very worried about how this plays out. It's very much the MO of before, an offer that's precisely zero, with promises on the never-never. If anything, it's worse than that, as the offer proposes to give away half of any transfer income. This, surely, would be madness, to take away a flow of income into the club. Isn't this just as bad, if not worse, than giving away the pie money...?

Forgive the cynicism, we've been here before. And all the time there's noise and clamour, it pokes the bear and makes it angry, it makes the bear dig its heels in and handicaps any future offers, from other sources, too.

So... it's not unreasonable to ask if this is genuine, or yet another stunt, is it?

It's also not unreasonable to ask why a vice chairman of the club under SISU, suddenly has better choice in his selection of business partners...

NorthernWisdom

In theory I agree, but you'd imagine someone else would show up rather than Hoffman in a variety of hats if there were options out there.
It's as much because we have awkward, cantankerous owners.

But I can't help feeling that the noise is a distraction, that makes them more awkward and cantankerous. Look at it another way, an upturn in rumour, innuendo, and pleas to not buy season tickets... you can have a certain empathy for a SISU POV that says there's an attempt to force regime change at the club against their will.

Now... no SISU = great! But I'm really not sure this is the way to go about it, or to encourage others to get involved.

It's a football club, somebody will *always* be interested... at the right price, anyway. The issue is, how to move SISU towards the right price, and I suspect the answer is more creative than repeating the same patterns of before.

ceetee

My thoughts are that, if a Russian Oligarch, an Arab Prince or a Chicken Farmer wanted to buy a football club they would not want CCFC, they would want a club with a higher status, higher profile etc.

Hence we are limited to local interest at least to promote or facilitate a consortium or introduce an investor.

Of course I want SISU gone but we have to be careful what we wish for.

I suspect Hoffman's consortium is high on enthusiasm but low on funds.

So they are prepared to pay SISU half of any transfer income, and this from a club which relies on transfer income to pay its way.

And they also offer half of any funds generated by the sale of Ryton. SISU can have all of that, without selling the club, and with no benefit to the club.

clint van damme

My thoughts are that, if a Russian Oligarch, an Arab Prince or a Chicken Farmer wanted to buy a football club they would not want CCFC, they would want a club with a higher status, higher profile etc.

Hence we are limited to local interest at least to promote or facilitate a consortium or introduce an investor.

Of course I want SISU gone but we have to be careful what we wish for.

I suspect Hoffman's consortium is high on enthusiasm but low on funds.

So they are prepared to pay SISU half of any transfer income, and this from a club which relies on transfer income to pay its way.

And they also offer half of any funds generated by the sale of Ryton. SISU can have all of that, without selling the club, and with no benefit to the club.

"high on enthusiasm low on funds"

think you're right, but if they have a plan to take the club forward then that's an improvement on where we are now.
It's not all about chucking money around.

stevefloyd

If Hoffman or whoever managed to buy Sisu out and if Robins managed to unearth a gem or 2 if we managed to rise up the divisions maybe player sales could fund our meteoric rise but there's a lot of ifs there

Nick

Administrator
Would people expect them to come in and go on a spending spree?

I'd be happy with new owners growing properly by increasing revenues. It might take longer but more secure.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Cheer up! We ain't relegated yet! We've got one more League One game! We can do this!!!!

stevefloyd

After all the shit we have been through with these parasites I would like to think that the average fan would have a little patience.... but there again

chiefdave

Would people expect them to come in and go on a spending spree?
I reckon at first no but it wouldn't be too long before the complaints started if we didn't get straight out of L2.

The impression given is that they don't really have much in the way of funds, could be wrong but the way the offers are being structured makes me think that. If correct we should be OK at L1/L2 level but if we can get back in to the championship they would need to bring someone else in who can compete financially with the owners of other clubs.

Think it will be important for any new owner, assuming the short to mid term plan is the Ricoh, to ensure they don't sign us up to a long term deal with no breaks. Do that and we could be back to square one and make the club unattractive to potential buyers in the future.

mrtrench

I think that we're only going to get a bid that is acceptable from a fan such as Hoffman. I cannot see someone independent offering as much.

Hobo

The trouble is it doesn't matter if there is one party or ten bidding. It doesn't mean the right bid for the club wins, it just gives SISU more options to pick what is best for them.

cloughie

I would suggest that it's not un reasonable to reveal your investors as the owners will know their financial worth and up the price accordingly .
How do you all assume that they don't have fund's.
Ridiculous conjecture as they are hardly going to say we have a fortune so sisu can up the price
The negativity is beyond belief considering all claim to want rid of sisu yet want to piss on any hope of change

Sky Blue Harry H

For what it's worth, I think fans would have patience with new owners, providing they are effective communicators with the fanbase -, particularly regarding strategy and vision. If we go a couple of seasons without evident progress on the pitch, as usual, we will get impatient. However, I think if fans can see positive off the field stuff going on, they will be supportive.

NorthernWisdom

I would suggest that it's not un reasonable to reveal your investors as the owners will know their financial worth and up the price accordingly .
How do you all assume that they don't have fund's.
Ridiculous conjecture as they are hardly going to say we have a fortune so sisu can up the price
The negativity is beyond belief considering all claim to want rid of sisu yet want to piss on any hope of change
I would consider it positivity to suggest we're of value to more than those who've tried and failed in the past, and to suggest there are more options.

The negativity is to go home with the munter because you don't think you've a chance of anything else. Better to check if she's got a lovely personality first.

As for the other point, given the negativity around SISU also revolves around the anonymity of who invests, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask why they need Hoffman to had it up, does it? There might be a reason for that but... why not actually get the answer to the sodding question rather than assum all will be well. His judgement of who to involve himself with ref: CCFC has been shown to be flawed, after all.

What if one of these local businessmen turned out to be Tim Fisher...?

Users who are viewing this thread