It's official , the fans have it in for Jacob Murphy (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Fans voted him as the second worst performer today ahead of Maddison , that also includes subs who were rated higher on the telegraph website .

I'm sorry but that's a load of tosh , was one of the BETTER performers until his substitution with a much improved performance today .

So yes it's official , the fans just have it in for him , got rated 5.9 today .... Bollocks

junglej13

Not a big fan of Murphy but he was much improved today. Think most who were there would agree. He got a good reception when he went off and worked very hard.

Evo1883

i think Murphy has had a bad spell and will come through it , he is a confidence player who overall has had a decent season here and chipped in with 10 goals and several assists , speaking to a mate who knows people at the club , his confidence has dropped lately with fans being on his back every match .
Young lad , I rate him , no doubt he's had a bad period but has been essential overall to our season so far with his contribution.
And let's be honest , compared to most loan players we have had over the last 10 years he has been far more effective than most for the club

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Murphy played better than what? His colleagues, or his absimal performances of recent times?

I can't comment for yesterday, but in the last 10 games he has been (one of) the worst players on the pitch in every single match.

Minimal effort, lacklustre challenges, not even running fast, shooting instead of passing, and just a general burden on the team. Just because he's had a couple of good performances a lot of fans are prepared to sweep it under the carpet, and will no doubt be trying to tell other people he's amazing when he next scores.

What I can't understand is why he wasn't dropped to the bench with immediate effect instead of Jim O'Brien, and why the fans get on the back of Fortune who at least gives his absolute best, but allow Murphy to get away with murder.

Otis

I may be wrong, but I kind of get the feeling that you don't like Jacob Murphy, but do like Jim O'Brien.

Many apologies if I am misreading the situation.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I may be wrong, but I kind of get the feeling that you don't like Jacob Murphy, but do like Jim O'Brien.

Many apologies if I am misreading the situation.

Murphy has been a massive hand in our promotion de-railment. I'm surprised there are people that can't see that.

I'd be interested to know your opinion of the whole thing though, Mr Switzerland.

Otis

Murphy has been a massive hand in our promotion de-railment. I'm surprised there are people that can't see that.

I'd be interested to know your opinion of the whole thing though, Mr Switzerland.

Switzerland because my trains aall run on time, or because my cheese has holes in?

Or maybe because I like to yodel in the bathroom?

My own thoughts? Well, Murphy is a confidence player and it's clear he has been low on confidence. He has therefore been out of form. When he is on form he is a very threatening player for us.

Personally I would been inclined to bring him off the bench rather than include him from the start.

JOB? I have always liked him, but it was abundantly clear that this season he just wasn't the same player. Anyway, as far as I am concerned it is not worth debatiing anymore. Bridges have been burned and he isn't coming back.

It's just as poitnless as the Baker talk. Once someone has gone, they've gone and we should all thing rationally and admit JOB ain't coming back!

Only way he is returning is if TM is sacked before the end of the season.

Terry Gibson's perm

The club seemed to try and help O'Brien after he moved back north and they paid half his Friday night hotel bill very generous considering the club is broke and he chose to move but he was still tired from the travelling.

murphy is very talented but inconsistent that us why he is here if he was the finished article he would be in the Norwich first team.

ccfcway

The club seemed to try and help O'Brien after he moved back north and they paid half his Friday night hotel bill very generous considering the club is broke .

I really doubt a shared £80 premier inn bill once a week is going to dent even the poorest run football teams.

Terry Gibson's perm

I really doubt a shared £80 premier inn bill once a week is going to dent even the poorest run football teams.

But they didn't have to do it he chose to move house and must have had an idea of the distance.

covcity4life

Ask thr guy that started a thread for him 2 weeks ago but then made up a reason to decline making threads for the entire team being poor

bawtryneal

JOB is no longer at CCFC due to his perceived bad influence on the dressing room and his lack of ability to "team bond". JOB wanting to move back north is rubbish.

Also a massive hand in our promotion, second in goals to Armstrong and leading assists, if he was as consistent as some of our fans expect he wouldn't be here, a young lad, who is clearly a confidence player yet gets dogs abuse from our own fans

letsallsingtogether

Played quite well yesterday, trouble is they expect him to run the length of the pitch, beat all 10 outfield players run back do it all again and then score.

Grendel

Also a massive hand in our promotion, second in goals to Armstrong and leading assists, if he was as consistent as some of our fans expect he wouldn't be here, a young lad, who is clearly a confidence player yet gets dogs abuse from our own fans

Spot on. Ignore the clueless idiot from Earlsdon. If Murphy had not played at all this season we'd now be in a relegation dog fight.

The only two players who have really made any contribution offensively are Murphy and Armstrong. Without them we'd be heading for League Two.

ccfcway

But they didn't have to do it he chose to move house and must have had an idea of the distance.

lets say he is getting 1.5k a week. Maybe, just maybe they said "good season last year, whilst we cant give you any more money, we recognise you are away from your family and will happily give you £40 a week to pay for half a hotel bill"

letsallsingtogether

lets say he is getting 1.5k a week. Maybe, just maybe they said "good season last year, whilst we cant give you any more money, we recognise you are away from your family and will happily give you £40 a week to pay for half a hotel bill"

Mowbray lives even further away from his family then JOB..........

Don't see him crying about it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Spot on. Ignore the clueless idiot from Earlsdon. If Murphy had not played at all this season we'd now be in a relegation dog fight.

The only two players who have really made any contribution offensively are Murphy and Armstrong. Without them we'd be heading for League Two.

If Murphy hadn't played this season we'd still be in the top six.

Three games he has impressed, the rest he's been a burden on the team.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He might only be in league one, but he isn't even good enough to cut it here. You'd expect a good league one player to cut it more than just 20% of the time surely?

A weak link in the team over the last ten games, almost so bad that we might as well have been playing with 10 players at times.

Users who are viewing this thread