It's time... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

The inly way this club will go anywhere is new owners.

Get sisu out before the club doesnt exist anymore
I just can't see beyond what you say, yet I have no idea either how we get rid of them. The club has no future whatsoever with so little investment, yet the owners won't walk away while there is a possibility of recovering any losses. The end game really doesn't bear thinking about.

The really galling part of it is that if these owners did clear off, any new owners would have a deal done with Wasps within weeks for a 10-year deal or whatever at the Ricoh. Who can blame them for not wanting to do business with the current lot.

Bruce the Boot

PMSL , so Acl should have just said , forget about the rent mate ................................................

hopesprings

Didn't the football league also state there was a time limit on the granting of the "golden share" I am sure it was discussed lots at the time

Otis

Meanwhile, nobody asks Wasps what Legal Noise it is they speak of and they just keep rolling that line out...

It is Wasps refusing to talk about the Ricoh isn't it? It isn't the club running it down.

Thing is, Wasps will just say "nah mate, its all SISU" which means people go batshit mental about Joy Seppalla and Tim Fisher while the Wasps bloke is sat there pissing himself laughing.
Pressure needs to be put on Wasps and Sisu.

Grendel

Pressure needs to be put on Wasps and Sisu.

Looks like plenty of people believe their poor PR story that they dropped talks due to legal actions.

Otis

Didn't both sides say they were happy with how it was progressing and then Wasps stopped the talks?
Well this is what needs pressing. Why were Wasps happy to talk, but then suddenly stopped talking?

What happened for them to change their minds, bearing in mind they already knew about the court case?

Did something else come to light, or did the council suggest it was in their best interests to cease dialogue while the legal battle wore on?

Nick

Administrator
Well this is what needs pressing. Why were Wasps happy to talk, but then suddenly stopped talking?

What happened for them to change their minds, bearing in mind they already knew about the court case?

Did something else come to light, or did the council suggest it was in their best interests to cease dialogue while the legal battle wore on?

Doesn't matter does... nobody calls them out to find out. It is simple as that. The moment they get called out and people get annoyed, they will just say "SISU" while pointing the other way.

Why can the council suggest anything to Wasps?

pastythegreat

There is places to build but council won't allow best excuse housing sisu council need to sort it out the club is part of Coventrys culture so if they do turn back on the club won't bode well for city of culture bid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The council don't give a shit about the city of culture, just the 'city of rugby'!!!
The council wouldn't let us build because we already had a 'purpose built ground', now we dont. SISU won't build because we have no money to build. They were only ever in it to get the ricoh on the cheap. Now they're stuck with us because even if they wanted to sell up, who would buy a 3rd tier club with ABSOLUTELY NO assets?
I see we have 3 options:

1)wasps f**k off back to London and sell us the ricoh at no profit (never gonna happen).

2)SISU run us completely into the ground and leave (already half way there)

3)wasps drive SISU out and buy us (not perfect but an improvement say).

OK I didn't say our 3 options were good options but it's where we're at tbh

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Bruce the Boot

I just hope you are going to go through busting all of the myths about the football club. If not anybody would think you are here for a reason, already proven with your wumming.

Here we go again ! A difference of opinion , so accused of wumming lol !

dongonzalos

Meanwhile, nobody asks Wasps what Legal Noise it is they speak of and they just keep rolling that line out...

(I guess people assume it is JR2, the sale of ACL to Wasps)

It is Wasps refusing to talk about the Ricoh isn't it? It isn't the club running it down.

(Yes Wasps have said they don't feel talks can continue with the legal noice in the background. Last time fans were surveyed after the last court defeat overwhelmingly the fans wanted the legal action to stop)

Thing is, Wasps will just say "nah mate, its all SISU" which means people go batshit mental about Joy Seppalla and Tim Fisher while the Wasps bloke is sat there pissing himself laughing.

(Yes unfortunately a history of mistrust has built up between the fans and the owners due to the past decisions of the owners. So people will automatically show prejudice against the owners in times of controversy)

Wasps owe us nothing, as fans most don't give a rats arse about legal action. If Wasps are saying it's an issue. Call their bluff and say if during negotiations we get to the point of signing a 20 year rental agreement on signing it we will drop the legal action.

Last edited:

Bruce the Boot

Nope, your posting style and behaviour rather than opinion...

Safe to say I have different opinions to many on here so isn't really a reason ;)

The funny thing is Nick , You a mirror image of me , with different views X :)

dongonzalos

Didn't both sides say they were happy with how it was progressing and then Wasps stopped the talks?

Yes it's quite clear to me Wasps are saying we have something you want. If you come and do business with us we are good with that but we don't actually need you. If you do want to do business with us get your legal bullshit out the way first. Once that's put to bed you are welcome.
Whilst you are still doing those shenanigans we don't want to know. That's our perogative so sorry.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it's quite clear to me Wasps are saying we have something you want. If you come and do business with us we are good with that but we don't actually need you. If you do want to do business with us get your legal bullshit out the way first. Once that's put to bed you are welcome.
Whilst you are still doing those shenanigans we don't want to know. That's our perogative so sorry.

So whats the legals to do with them?

dongonzalos

So whats the legals to do with them?

They are named in JR2. So I would guess even if the action isn't directly against them they will still have to put some time and money towards looking at it as they are dragged into it by default.

Nick

Administrator
They are named in JR2. So I would guess even if the action isn't directly against them they will still have to put some time and money towards looking at it as they are dragged into it by default.

They knew that before they started the talks, didn't they?

Otis

They knew that before they started the talks, didn't they?
What exactly does it say in the wording of the JR2? Do we know?

And if we do, do we know to what degree this would affect Wasps?

They're not going to get the stadium taken back off them are they, so I don't see how it involves them, because any wrongdoing would only be on behalf of the council wouldn't it?

Wouldn't be down to Wasps to ensure the council have all boxes ticked from the council's perspective.

Just how would it affect Wasps exactly?

Bob Latchford

Spot on !

dongonzalos

What exactly does it say in the JR2? Do we know?

And if we do, do we know to what degree this would affect Wasps?

They're not going to get the stadium taken back off them are they, so I don't see how it involves them, because any wrongdoing would only be on behalf of the council wouldn't it?

Wouldn't be down to Wasps to ensure the council have all boxes ticked from the council's perspective.

Just how would it affect Wasps exactly?

For some reason Les Reid wrote that it will affect both the council and Wasps.
I don't see how Wasps can be held accountable.
However you can bet that they will need to be all over it with their own legal team and will end up having to waste time and money on it. Providing information witness statements etc etc.
All for it to go nowhere and drag on for two years.
Whilst at the same time as doing all this which in their eyes they will probably blame SISU for the hassle. They will be doing business making deals and forming some form partnership/ business relationship with SISU.
I don't think anyone could argue against the idea that things would go a bit smoother if the legal action was gone

Captain Dart

There is, imo, no will, finance, site or plan for a new ground and academy site

I was always of opinion that a new ground would only happen if SISU could make money on the deal.

Hence Fishers talk of a 60 acre site, IMHO meaning the site would be a stadium/academy on ~20 acres and ~40 acres of other development, all funded by new investors/developers (like the deal that was done with Tesco for the arena, though the days of retail development have passed, the in thing today is housing).

skybluedan

It s time Sisu stopped all the posturing and put their money where their mouth is. Bring on the new ground , lets sort the academy, Lets show all the people, organisations that Sisu Capital were nt bluffing when they released artist impressions of the new ground , and set up a fans committee, Where is Sandra Garlick these days ? Come on Sisu show us all up .

You started early today Bruce ?

clint van damme

There is, imo, no will, finance, site or plan for a new ground and academy site

Wasps wont want to be the ones to kick CCFC out so will roll the rent arrangements forward a year at a time I think. So long as they are not making losses on the deal they will run with it in the hope that something changes at CCFC in the future.

The CCFC arrangement doesn't add much to either top or bottom line for Wasps and the key is not making losses on the deal. So long as that is the case we are not a great concern to Wasps, they can hide behind "drop the legals" and appear to many to be "reasonable"

what about Compass? How would it affect them if we went?
Obviously the F&B has been a bone of contention in the past.

hopesprings

So anyone here know or can look up what the football league said when we moved away to Northampton and pledged a new ground was being planned? Clearly when we came back to the Ricoh we still had to comply with having a "plan " in place or was that overlooked by the football league also?

Ashdown

All of this is academic because :
1, SISU don't give a shit about CCFC
2, They won't drop the court cases, it's how they think they can recoup some losses.
3, SISU have just lied continuously about most things and no one trusts them.
4, What the council have done is disgusting but apparently not illegal.

Covstu

Wasps owe us nothing, as fans most don't give a rats arse about legal action. If Wasps are saying it's an issue. Call their bluff and say if during negotiations we get to the point of signing a 20 year rental agreement on signing it we will drop the legal action.
For me I am in the same boat here. Wasps don't have to work with us and it would certainly not be in their interests in the long term as it hinders their fixtures. At the moment they are putting up with us as they dont have a regular fan base so its basic guaranteed revenue. At some point this wont be required if they get the right volume of regular fans.
I would rather see us sign an extension sooner rather than later as we could risk seeing the same scenario that we have with the academy and left in an impossible position. Lets get another 5 years on the rental deal so it gives us breathing space but my gut feel is that Wasps wont go for this. They are playing the neutral party at the moment but lets not kid ourselves that this position wont change in two years time.

Users who are viewing this thread