It's time... (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Yep, that's where I am too.
Only thing I disagree with is the 'best we can hope for' part.
Wasp have now found a base where they are seemingly determined to gain a foothold beyond just owning the Ricoh.
Enter CCFC...
1. maximises the stadium use & revenue
2. More money in football
3. More success in football = much greater pre-existing fanbase in the City = more money

They buy CCFC & even more revenue streams open up. That would tie the Wasps franchise more closely to the city & thereby CCFC itself. Hence I wonder where CCFC would be now had Wasps owners bought CCFC this time last year.

Its not rocket science folks...the way their owners run Wasps is clear indiction that they do their best for their interests. Currently CCFC isn't one other than a tenant.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Ian1779

Wasp have now found a base where they are seemingly determined to gain a foothold beyond just owning the Ricoh.
Enter CCFC...
3. More success in football = much greater pre-existing fanbase in the City = more money

They buy CCFC & even more revenue streams open up. That would tie the Wasps franchise more closely to the city & thereby CCFC itself. Hence I wonder where CCFC would be now had Wasps owners bought CCFC this time last year.

Its not rocket science folks...the way their owners run Wasps is clear indiction that they do their best for their interests. Currently CCFC isn't one other than a tenant.

If we were lucky enough to get new owners - Wasps are the last people I would want it to be.

Bruce the Boot

It still wouldn't be our stadium and we would be even more at their Mercy ;)

More to the point , If Sisu had got their hands on the Ricoh , would that be CCFC ??? You keep saying Sisu and the club are not the same ?

Bruce the Boot

Wasps dont own us so they can set the rent , If they did own us who knows what would happen ? But it cant be any worse than the last 8 yrs ..........

Ashdown

I'm no fan of the Wasps move or indeed the club itself. All that said if they bought CCFC for a nominal fee, we would be run more professionally all round without doubt and they would up the marketing ante overnight, they might keep the Sky Blue colours around the Ricoh too, flags on the roundabout, joint ticket selling operations within the City { In fact joint ticket offers for both sports }, Major superstore perhaps as a joint venture at the stadium selling merchandise etc. Joint use of training facilities. Sponsorship and promotion of each other within kit and merchandise design. Economies of scale all round. There doesn't appear to be any other options springing up does there ?
I doubt the SISU scum would want this though and the major downside of it all for me could be a detrimental impact on CRFC !

stupot07

Enter CCFC...

On the flip side it costs far more money to run a football club, it costs even money to run a successful football club, owning said football club brings in huge financial risks and there impinges on the bonds, acl and wasps. Wasps will not be buying us. OSB has already outlined this a number of times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Wasps dont own us so they can set the rent , If they did own us who knows what would happen ? But it cant be any worse than the last 8 yrs ..........

They can set the rent if they did own us...

Like you say, we don't know what they would do. We do know it wouldn't make much business sense for them though...

Bruce the Boot

Like you say, we don't know what they would do. We do know it wouldn't make much business sense for them though...

It depends ? If Wasps are solely only interested in Rugby , and not profit beyond the rugby , If they require divvies , share payouts , then yes it would make perfect business sense to share the running costs between two "teams" Business s . The potential is there to tap in CCFC revenue streams , Sisu dont seem capable or more likely interested in this .

SkyblueBazza

Would they?

Like Wasps won't yeah? (they already are....)
We have seen SISU tactics before though. They are always making everyone else out to be the baddies. They are probably after £1k/month, or all the gate receipts & pie money or something daft.
If we were under the Wasps banner they would want a successful CCFC with view to be profit making through success. As we know SISU general approach has been to cut everything back to the bone to make it self sustaining...even if it means relegation. Then trying & struggling to build from a low base.

SkyblueBazza

On the flip side it costs far more money to run a football club, it costs even money to run a successful football club, owning said football club brings in huge financial risks and there impinges on the bonds, acl and wasps. Wasps will not be buying us. OSB has already outlined this a number of times.

I strongly suspect that OSB doesn't make the decision though. Who does may look at things with a different slant & perhaps have more in-depth information at hand

SkyblueBazza

If they owned CCFC they would hardly rip them off would they?

stupot07

I strongly suspect that OSB doesn't make the decision though. Who does may look at things with a different slant & perhaps have more in-depth information at hand

No OSB won't be making that decision but fact is football clubs piss money away, and a heavily loss making organisation is going to take resources away from the rugby club and paying off the £2.5m interest and bonds back.

If wasps do buy us it won't be under their current ownership, they couldn't afford to fund losses and couldn't afford to buy the Ricoh hence the need to raise bonds, they aren't going to be wanting to fund millions of pounds on a football club just to tread to either get into and tread water in the championship or the £40-100m required over 2-3 years on a punt to get to the PL.

Not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread