Ivor Lawton (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Leaving the club, it's a shame that his injury has led to this to be honest :(

christonabike

Just thinking about him earlier today I work with his sister and forgot to ask how he was getting on as nothing has been on the offal about him lately. Hope he can get a chance elsewhere.

ajsccfc

Shame. Bit like Conor Thomas where his career has stalled so maybe a change is what he needs.

Winny the Bish

Never got a chance. ACL injury didn't help but I'm genuinely angered that someone who would bleed for the City shirt has been kept on the sidelines while average crap like Callum Reilly trots about doing absolutely nothing in centre midfield. He could've been the ball winner and tough tackler we needed but didn't get a chance to show it.

Hope he gets a chance in League Two or the Conference to show what he can actually do and make CCFC regret never playing him.

Moff

Never got a chance. ACL injury didn't help but I'm genuinely angered that someone who would bleed for the City shirt has been kept on the sidelines while average crap like Callum Reilly trots about doing absolutely nothing in centre midfield. He could've been the ball winner and tough tackler we needed but didn't get a chance to show it.

Hope he gets a chance in League Two or the Conference to show what he can actually do and make CCFC regret never playing him.

Totally agree with the sentiment apart from the last. I would hope one day under new ownership, after proving what he could do he would come back to the club, and help us onto bigger and better things.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best of luck in his future footballing career.

georgehudson

Such a shame, good luck for the future Ivor, I wonder whose decision it was, if it was that TF, the one who knows a lot about football, he needs to justify the decision ?
Farcical to let Cov kids go when you loan players who are never going to give their all for the club.

fernandopartridge

Such a shame, good luck for the future Ivor, I wonder whose decision it was, if it was that TF, the one who knows a lot about football, he needs to justify the decision ?
Farcical to let Cov kids go when you loan players who are never going to give their all for the club.
Yet another post where you've made up the reason for him leaving in your own head.

ccfclinney

Anything official or is it being assumed off his tweet the other day?

shame for the lad. More to it also.. would have been good to see him play in the shirt for the club he supports and loves could do with his passion at the minute !
shame good luck to him, top lad

Winny the Bish

Wasn't Mogga going to build a team around him and he was the next Coventry captain?
Mowbray liked him because he saw him as a leader on the pitch & made him U21s captain. However, I'm not sure TM trusted his technical ability for the style of football the first team played. But when we're scrapping relegation and having to fight for every point, he's the perfect player to have in there. Which makes the decision of the current management to just let him go/not give him a chance infuriating.

Hobo

God luck Ivor.

shelby76

fought his way back from injury, should have been given a couple of games.. i mean it is not like were fighting to get into a play off position and he could not have been any worse than shit we bring in on loan... all he needed was a chance.

covcity4life

mowbray gave him a extension even with injury. looks like slade doesnt care for cov kids....

lifeskyblue

I'm disappointed the club appears to sidelining a player who could do a good job for us over the next few years assuming his injury is fully recovered from

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

There's some emotional guff on this thread. A 21 year old who has never played a league game for us appears to be leaving at the end of the season. We'd all prefer a team of locals who bleed sky blue but just because he's a cov kid doesn't automatically make him good enough. I hope he regains his full fitness and gets a first team chance somewhere as he seems like a good lad.

Skybluefaz

Apart from giving George Thomas lots of game time when other managers didn't? Yeah, doesn't care for Cov kids
Beat me to it. Slade has been massively bigging GT up. As much as the concept of ivor Lawton sounded great. Maybe he's just not quite there ability wise. All the luck in the world though to the chap.

covcity4life

Apart from giving George Thomas lots of game time when other managers didn't? Yeah, doesn't care for Cov kids

59b3cd_1471387.jpg

ccfctommy

Maybe just maybe he isnt good enough?

covcity4life

i heard hes a die hard cov fan and that he wud make it here like maddison stevenson etc, but dont think ive seen him play 5 mins sub

good luck to him for res tof career,maybe we will see him back 1 day, but for now nothing to cry about

skybluejelly

nothing against the lad..but if he is as good as people are saying ,should have no problem finding a new club.. good luck to him..

maybe the club have a problem with beards.. Reda..Obrien..vincelot..and now Lawton..

Joy Division

With the club using him as the poster boy for the new shirt in pre-season they must have thought highly of him in some aspect, seems he may have hit too many hurdles on his recovery. Hope he finds another club and kick starts his career.

hill83

Whilst a don't agree with what cc4l is saying do you really think Thomas is getting a chance because he's a 'Cov kid'. Of course he isn't, it's because Slade thinks he's good enough and nothing more. He's not even from Coventry anyway.

All this Cov kid stuff is utter nonsense. Every last one of them would jump at the chance of leaving for more money or a bigger club, as I would.

Terry Gibson's perm

With a limited budget you can't afford to carry anybody and he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the first team, I don't care if he is local or born on the moon it doesn't matter

Users who are viewing this thread