January Fire Sales (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And then when a player does leave because of what the club does you get supporters blaming the player. Look at the way Dublin left us. At least he chose the club he went to though. They couldn't make him go to the club offering the most money.
Guess it depends on the circumstances, imagine Dublin happening today with social media.

Astute

Guess it depends on the circumstances, imagine Dublin happening today with social media.
Oh yes. Some would be on Farcebook trying to blame CCC ;)

JimmyHillsbeard

I was reliably told that on deadline day last year Maddison was sat down and told he was being sold to the highest bidder. He didn't have a choice on whether he was sold, or if he was, who it was to. If he was going, he would have preferred Tottenham.

Ok Fred, and the January 2015 YouTube shopwindow video made by his family of his highlights didn't suggest that he was looking to leave at all?

Grendel

Players can be forced out. Always happened. Jimmy hill sold players then told them afterwards

Astute

Players can be forced out. Always happened. Jimmy hill sold players then told them afterwards
Things have changed since then. It was JH that got players more rights as well.

skybluecam

Lets face it, the players want to leave. A decent offer from a club in a higher league and they're gonna be on the first train there. I don't blame them with the club in this state.

I think what OP meant was that players have no choice between clubs so have to sign for the highest bidder as all other offers will be rejected. (although pretty sure thats a standard thing.)

Chipfat

Forcing players out in Stevenson and Harries case is not really the correct word. The club tell the player they are willing to accept offers and as long as it reaches the valuation of the club the player can leave.

In our situation no matter what the player wants it's very hard for him to step up a level and not get paid more. So 18 told you can leave, triple of wages on a multi year deal then looks really attractive. And almost impossible to turn down.

Now if these lads were on 50 a week at a big club forcing them to drop or leave becomes very hard for the selling club, so although forcing the player out is hard it's not impossible or never not been done.

Skyblueweeman

Don't think so. I thought you couldn't administrate more than once

We've been in administration twice.

Bradford Bulls who have just been liquidated were in administration three times.

Liquidation doesn't happen after x amount of administrations. It happens when all avenues for repaying creditors an agreed amount, have been exhausted and there's no one else to take over the debts (i.e., new buyers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVWskyblue

On the other hand, what if the club blocked that for him?

I reckon agents should be banned too.
I agree Nick that agents should be able be abolished, the PFA should set up an arbitrary board that deals with all transfers in this country possibly paid for by fees from all levels of players

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I agree Nick that agents should be able be abolished, the PFA should set up an arbitrary board that deals with all transfers in this country possibly paid for by fees from all levels of players

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

You can actually have the PFA represent you if you so wish.

clint van damme

How do you know they're paid in installments when the transfers are undisclosed? Have you just guessed that they do?

think it's pretty much the way of things now.

There's a book not long out by a high profile agent, think it's called the deal. I haven't read it but read an extract and it said that that's how deals are normally structured.

4waspsting

So Everton Pay 11 million for a 19 year old, maybe 4 times as much as the whole Coventry squad is worth, its all going tits up.

steve82

Ademola Lookman has the same agent company as Ben Stevenson. Not sure who cian Harries is with?

better days

Most transfer payments have been in instalments for some years.
The FA have changed the rules on agents. They are now called Intermediaries and some players have family members looking after them so they aren't subject to an unscrupulous agent unsettling them and persuading them to move from a club where they are happy

shmmeee

Ok Fred, and the January 2015 YouTube shopwindow video made by his family of his highlights didn't suggest that he was looking to leave at all?

By that logic they were trying to sell him from about age 8.

His family have been posting YouTube Vida for yonks

Sky Blue Kid

That's not what I said, a contract is binding is what I said and if he doesn't want
To leave he doesn't have too, pressure can be applied yes.
Take it from me, no player has to go anywhere if they are under contract. I said this a couple of days ago and got shouted down because I showed proof of a Chelsea player refusing to move anywhere. Admittedly he was getting on a bit but he just sat out his 4 years contract and still got paid even though he wasn't picked to play.

Captain Dart

Take it from me, no player has to go anywhere if they are under contract. I said this a couple of days ago and got shouted down because I showed proof of a Chelsea player refusing to move anywhere. Admittedly he was getting on a bit but he just sat out his 4 years contract and still got paid even though he wasn't picked to play.
If a young player does that then his career is over, so he won't. That argument is fallacious in the real world.

Grendel

Young players can be forced easily. They have an agent and need an agent. An agent will want a big sale. The club could easily freeze them out and in such an unstable career they could massively lose out.
If players are told to leave they leave. It works both ways and if a player wants out he will also get his way.

Users who are viewing this thread