January Fire Sales (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Wether he does or not isn't the issue... He has the right to refuse simple as that mate.

No it isn't. I could put a gun to your head and tell you I'm pulling the trigger unless you do what I tell you. That's not a choice.

Sky Blue Kid

No it isn't. I could put a gun to your head and tell you I'm pulling the trigger unless you do what I tell you. That's not a choice.
And my reply is I've got "Special Forces" stood right behind you with Glocks and a 50 Cal machine gun pointed at your head saying he does what he wants ;)

chiefdave

The club could easily freeze them out and in such an unstable career they could massively lose out.
That's unlikely to happen in reality. Lets say Harries for example turns down a move to Liverpool. Why would Slade then refuse to play him and how would that be of benefit? If he continued to play and got a season or two of appearances under his belt if he's as good as some people think his value would increase massively.

wingy

That's unlikely to happen in reality. Lets say Harries for example turns down a move to Liverpool. Why would Slade then refuse to play him and how would that be of benefit? If he continued to play and got a season or two of appearances under his belt if he's as good as some people think his value would increase massively.
Maybe cos it's not all down to the manager?

MatthewWallis

Bit different thought this situation. Although I wouldn't put it past Tim Fisher to shoot one of our players

JimmyHillsbeard

Players can be forced out. Always happened. Jimmy hill sold players then told them afterwards

Have you read "My Father and Other Working Class Footballer Heroes" by Gary Imlach? Stuart Imlach was a Scottish international winger who had a good career in the days when top-flight players caught the bus to the game with the fans.

Anyway Stuart was at City, Jimmy Hill sold him to Palace without ever speaking to him. While writing the book, Imlach junior tracked down Saint Jimmy to ask him why he'd done this business but sadly JH couldn't remember his dad at all.

cloughie

That would not happen as he'd still be a saleable asset in the next window. A asset sisu / ccfc could ill afford to rot in the u23's

I'm sure if Maddison really did not want "THAT" move he'd of not signed.

He'd of still had to physically sign his name on a contract... a contract of employment

Sure his agent and fisher would push the move but his final call. His agent may get the hump, if he does fuck him off, I'm sure there would be plenty of agents willing to represent him.
you appear to be forgetting the lure of 3/4or more times the wages

steve82

you appear to be forgetting the lure of 3/4or more times the wages

I see it, in my eyes it's a good move in his career..... my point was if he wanted to try to choose his next move and Norwich was not his desired choice at all he could try to stall any deal that was not for him on deadline day. Sure he would not of been popular with his agent and fisher.... that would of been a option.

However a move to then premier league Norwich and staying here on loan with a healthy wage increase and a fair pathway into a strong championship club with aspirations to return to the premier league at the earliest opportunity would of not been that bad a choice in the grand scheme of things.

1966skyblue

arrr did i irritate you with a different opinion? look i dont like SISU like everyone else but this post was just made to inspire more braindead people to bring whistles to home games
The point is you didn't give an opinion. The propaganda comes from our current owners, eg statements after being embarrassed in court and the phantom new ground. You just need to listen to Fisher's most recent radio interviews including the blatant lie about the pitch invasion putting off the rugby club and a Butts Park Arena deal. Now that is propaganda. Still unclear about what your opinion is of the current situation regarding player sales, training ground, new ground because all you did was criticise my hypothesis.

1966skyblue

arrr did i irritate you with a different opinion? look i dont like SISU like everyone else but this post was just made to inspire more braindead people to bring whistles to home games
And if you look at the whistles thread you can see that I was very critical of the whistles in the previous game.

Littlewood CCFC

The point is you didn't give an opinion. The propaganda comes from our current owners, eg statements after being embarrassed in court and the phantom new ground. You just need to listen to Fisher's most recent radio interviews including the blatant lie about the pitch invasion putting off the rugby club and a Butts Park Arena deal. Now that is propaganda. Still unclear about what your opinion is of the current situation regarding player sales, training ground, new ground because all you did was criticise my hypothesis.

lol relax, thing is i agree with you completely but you're obviously very touchy about anyone who doesn't slam SISU in every post. I was actually referring to your original post where you gave your opinion then spouted 'expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club' - that's just going to incite more silly behavior from certain moronic fans... whatever though everyone's entitled to their opinion and we can both agree Fishers a smug prick and has lied through his teeth especially in the latest radio interview

1966skyblue

lol relax, thing is i agree with you completely but you're obviously very touchy about anyone who doesn't slam SISU in every post. I was actually referring to your original post where you gave your opinion then spouted 'expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club' - that's just going to incite more silly behavior from certain moronic fans... whatever though everyone's entitled to their opinion and we can both agree Fishers a smug prick and has lied through his teeth especially in the latest radio interview
Fair ebough. Wouldn't surprise me though if the cooperate pie problem and some of the ticket office problems are about disagreements re. Purchasing stadium facilities and services or not paying.

1966skyblue

Why would CCFC have to pay for ACL to sell pies to our fans?
Because hot food sold in the hospitality areally is not part of the deal ACL have with Compass Catering. The club get revenue from the 3 course sit down meals but have to do a separate deal directly with ACL regarding pies etc in the cooperate area.

shmmeee

Why would CCFC have to pay for ACL to sell pies to our fans?

You have clearly never tried to book a wedding venue.

No matter how shit ACL are as landlords they don't come close to Coombe Abbey. £3 for a pitcher of squash and you're not allowed to supply your own drinks!

Nick

Administrator

No matter how shit ACL are as landlords they don't come close to Coombe Abbey. £3 for a pitcher of squash and you're not allowed to supply your own drinks!

I don't know, £10 per child for Nuggets and Chips at the Ricoh I got quoted. Not allowed to take own food in for kids party.

Nick

Administrator
Because hot food sold in the hospitality areally is not part of the deal ACL have with Compass Catering. The club get revenue from the 3 course sit down meals but have to do a separate deal directly with ACL regarding pies etc in the cooperate area.

So what happens with the transaction of a pie when they buy it? Is that CCFC selling it or ACL?

chiefdave

Doing a separate deal would surely mean someone paying CCFC in that scenario. The same as the other companies selling to the fans have paid. How come when its CCFC we have to pay someone for them to then sell directly to customers we bring in?
You do realise this isn't anything thats included with hospitality, its a cash sale. If someone wants a pie they go and pay the vendor directly for it the same as in other catering outlets around the ground.

chiefdave

Its the equivalent of hiring a bar for a birthday party and then being told they'll only sell you soft drinks not alcoholic drinks. It makes no sense.

shmmeee

I don't know, £10 per child for Nuggets and Chips at the Ricoh I got quoted. Not allowed to take own food in for kids party.

Jokes. I take it back. I hope you moved the party to Northampton ;)

Nick

Administrator
Jokes. I take it back. I hope you moved the party to Northampton ;)

Yes, I even bought them a new tablecloth.

Nah, just had it locally that year I think and went all out on food, bouncy castles, ball pools and everything and was still half the price per kid.

Bit of a joke really, I thought it would have been a good idea to have it at the ground with sky blue sam. Maybe get a few other kids into CCFC.

Missing a trick with kids parties.

1966skyblue

Doing a separate deal would surely mean someone paying CCFC in that scenario. The same as the other companies selling to the fans have paid. How come when its CCFC we have to pay someone for them to then sell directly to customers we bring in?
You do realise this isn't anything thats included with hospitality, its a cash sale. If someone wants a pie they go and pay the vendor directly for it the same as in other catering outlets around the ground.
I would guess that as Compass don't supply food for these areas ACL/wasps will have done seperate deal for a certain number of units sold with a pie/ pasty supplier.The football club will have guaranteed this number. Now attendances have dropped they are not shifting the pies and the football club probably refusing to cover the losses.

Nick

Administrator
I would guess that as Compass don't supply food for these areas ACL/wasps will have done seperate deal for a certain number of units sold with a pie/ pasty supplier.The football club will have guaranteed this number. Now attendances have dropped they are not shifting the pies and the football club probably refusing to cover the losses.
Who supplies and serves the beer and cold stuff?

Astute

I have a job for you then.

We will work out what players we want. You can take your gun and hold it to their head until they sign for us.

Users who are viewing this thread