Jigsaw (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Even if Orient go down I still think that they are in a better position than us as, as far as I know, they still have their own ground, academy and training centre. I honestly think that we are in a more perilous state than any other club, including Blackpool. Once Sisu have gone, the base we are starting at will be very low.
Agreed. I fear that while many , including me, think that Mark Robins is a good appointment we haven't yet reached the bottom of the cycle. Things will continue to get worse next season. I cannot see any improvement because there is nothing to suggest there are better strategies in place for a long term revival. The announcement of season ticket prices for next year indicate that management are completely out of touch with supporters and is another step in the wrong direction.

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU put their faith and money in Ray Ranson to secure a quick return on investment. He in turn put his faith in Chris Coleman to deliver the goods on the pitch. The players they assembled in the first few years are now competing in the Championship or above and twice Coleman blew a top 6 finish with them. After that SISU clearly got scared off and the funds dried up rapidly to the point where the end game was all about busting ACL to get the Ricoh on the cheap. Wasps snuck in under the radar and now it's anyone's guess what the end game is but on a day to day basis Timmy is given the bare minimum in funds to keep the club afloat and beyond that interest in the football club is zero.

To sum up G I think you have half a point about not throwing good money after bad and after the Ranson/Coleman days the money dried up. However-suppose Mowbray had been given an extra million in the summer of 2015, suppose Robins is given an extra million this summer. In the right hands having more resources *does* lead to better outcomes.

Users who are viewing this thread