Jim Twynham RIP (1 Viewer)

PCH

I live in Devon now so not sure I can help with that one. Try the Chestnut Tree pub. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

Nick

Administrator
If anybody does know him or his family, let me know if there's anything as a site that can be pushed (any fundraising / donations to charities of choice etc).

jaymo132

Jim was a true gent..always will remember him in his sky blue suit at Wembley in 87...i do hope the club do a tribute to him at 1st home league game
RIP Jim

The Great Eastern

Like Wheelfass, I first met Jim at the Plough on London Road in the small back room listening to Silk playing rock/prog rock to all those who loved that genre of music. Don't think I missed a Sunday night there in the early 70's, once my mates had introduced me to the place. Jims distinctive deep voice ! Pity he couldn't have copyrighted it and then sued John Peel !
Living in East Anglia now, I hadn't crossed paths with Jim for a good few years but on those occasions that I did, he would always talk to me as if I was a good mate and make time for a chat (over a pint of course !)
Jim was one of life's, all to rare, genuine, good guys and he'll be sadly missed by all those who knew him.

RIP Jim

Joy Division

Thee bassiest voice, will always remember my first game at HR walking up the steps and hearing those deep tones. Total proud moment when he read my name out in the line-up announcement when I played at HR.

Glad he got to see us win at Wembley last season before he passed.

CJ_covblaze

It was his funeral earlier. Really nice service. Did him justice. Place was packed.

chiefdave

Wonder if the club have got much of him on tape, would be nice to hear his voice one last time at our first home match.

CJ_covblaze

Wonder if the club have got much of him on tape, would be nice to hear his voice one last time at our first home match.

I'll ask. Great idea

Users who are viewing this thread