Jimmy Hill Statue (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
CCFC are hoping to have a statue paying tribute to sky blues legend Jimmy Hill situated near the club shop at the Ricoh Arena. The project is said to be costing around £150k and appeals are being made to fans, former players, media and local businesses to put money towards making this 7ft bronze statue. I think this is a fantastic idea, about time we did something like this. I think it will make us feel more at home and add more 'soul' to the Ricoh Arena. I wasn't around for the Jimmy Hill era but I think it will be good for fans young and old to proudly look back on a huge turning point in our clubs history.

Sources: Coventry Telegraph http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...ventry-city-legend-jimmy-hill-92746-26662179/

Official CCFC site www.ccfc.co.uk - There is a video on there for those with Sky Blues Player with an interview with Joe Elliot and the potential artist who is going to be sculpting the statue.

TheSnoz

Long overdue move. It was actually first suggested on the Telegraph site on the Jimmy Hill era thread about a year ago. You're right, the statue will make it more like our home. At the minute its just some shed.

Users who are viewing this thread