Jimmy Hill Way unveiling (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Was anyone aware of this today? Looks like four people from this picture. I get that they may have saved the photo opportunities until after cutting the ribbon (if one was even cut), but Seems to have been done very low key?

chiefdave

No idea that was happening today. Shame it couldn't have been a bit more of a celebration.

They've hardly pulled out all the stops with the sign have they, could have at least made it all tidy.

Otis

The bus parade starts at Pool Meadow and ends outside Sainsbury's in Trinity Street.

It's a 47 second affair.

rob9872

Isn't that a bit uncalled for Otis, if meant in the way I'm reading it,
Especially since it was a young city fan and his grandad after a game if I recall.

rob9872

Was anyone aware of this today? Looks like four people from this picture. I get that they may have saved the photo opportunities until after cutting the ribbon (if one was even cut), but Seems to have been done very low key?

Will the Jimmy Hill Way protest group now have to rebrand?

Brylowes

Especially since it was a young city fan and his grandad after a game if I recall.
Regardless of football loyaltys, if it was using that to make a joke, it was crass and uncalled for,
But definitely out of character.

Otis

Oh no, no, sorry. Wasn't even thinking about that incident at all. :( You misread that.

Didn't even enter my thinking. :(

I merely had it in my head that the cup win would be of little significance that it would be a very short bus parade and with most buses starting from Pool Meadow, I said Pool Meadow.

The tragedy with that poor little boy was coming from the opposite direction anyway wasn't it, thinking about it. It was coming from Hales Street towards Sainsbury's.

The idea of that awful incident never even entered my thinking.

Think you have all just latched on to Sainsbury's there. Buses stop by Sainsbury's. That's why I said Sainsbury's. Just one stop from Pool Meadow.

Anyway, completely did not mean that at all. Sorry. Not for a single second.

I would never make a joke about a tragic death like that. :(

Last edited:

Brylowes

Oh no, no, sorry. Wasn't even thinking about that incident at all. :( You misread that.

I merely had it in my head that the cup win would be of little significance that it would be a very short bus parade and with most buses starting from Pool Meadow, I said Pool Meadow.

The tragedy with that poor little boy was coming from the opposite direction anyway wasn't it, thinking about it. It was coming from Hales Street towards Sainsbury's.

Think you have all just latched on to Sainsbury's there. Buses stop by Sainsbury's. That's why I said Sainsbury's. Just one stop from Pool Meadow.

It that case Otis I've completely misinterpreted what you've said, my bad, please accept
My sincerest apologies.

Otis

It that case Otis I've completely misinterpreted what you've said, my bad, please accept
My sincerest apologies.
Not a problem.

I know it is bad of me, but I had completely forgotten about that poor boy until you mentioned it.

robbiekeane

Yeh didn't read it that way mate don't worry.

Ian1779

Fully expect it to be re-named the James Haskell Way in a couple of years and it be the clubs fault.

Brylowes

It's probably just me, but every time I look at the sign in that picture,
I can't help thinking of "Spongebob Squarepants"

Users who are viewing this thread