Jordan Clarke (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

JordanClarke17 Jordan Clarke
about my ankle.. Its not the best! I'm so p*ssed!! Wana play everygame now, won't be playin sat or tuesday they said :( !!!

Chipfat

Lets leave the kid alone, he is learning his trade and will only get better with games and knowing the fans are not on his back..

Sutty

I thought he did alright to be honest. Yes he gave the ball away a couple of times in the first half, but was solid at the back and got involved going forward as well.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

He's was bad yet still had one of his better games, says it all really. :confused:

Pigeon

I thought he didn't have a bad game, the whole defense looked a bit shaky but given the circumstances with injuries that was the bare bones of our defense and they got the job done.

Nick

Administrator
He played well. It wasn't his fault when he got the ball nobody bothered movig for him

Really?

He didn't want the ball, Westwood wanted to throw it to him a few times and he ran towards their player.

Agreed he made a good tackle in the 2nd half before he came off.

Nonleagueherewecome

I beg to differ. I thought after 20 mins he was our man of the match! He played some really good first time passes, and the balls he gave away were when no-one moved for him. He made some runs for throws that Westwood ignored, and made himself available for some that he took and attacked with. His distribution was certainly better than Keoghs. His worst error was when he ran at the defence, trying to beat them, and lost the ball. I thought we wanted people to take their man on?!! He over-lapped very well, and I loved the run with step-overs into the box that created the space that ultimately led to our first goal!

He's quick, has skill, is capped by England at every level and not far off the Eng U21 squad- and just19 years old!!! A homegrown kid and the first guy who the fans get on the back with, along with McSheffrey. Maybe we should pick slightly different targets than the 2 Sky Blue fans in the dressing room, eh? Keep it up Jordan, you're a huge part of the future of this team IMO.

I also thought some of the grief I heard Cameron getting from fans around me was out of order. Another homegrown youngster, and we just get on his back. It's Ben Turner all over again.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think if I'd started a thread today saying someone was having a shocker it would have been Marlon, whose touch wasn't quite there today, but thats probably a lack of match fitness. Nobody found their man 100% of the time today ( actually, I think Bell did! ), but it just looks worse giving it away with a short pass than it does with a long hoof. The results the same. But you're more likely to create proper chances with passing football, and it's what Thorn means by "be brave, play football". I like this lots, and will never criticise players forr trying to do that.

gouldberg

Personally I think Clarke had a good game. He's definitely worked on his strength through the season and he made some good little runs up the pitch to support the wide man (when there actually was someone out wide right.....) It's always difficult to play as a right-back with no-one in front of you to help out, and Clarke encountered this problem thanks to the new formation. He put in a couple of good tackles and wasn't caught out of position like Keogh sometimes does.

I wonder slightly if some of the negative comments are following on from what was said by Clarke on Twitter and after a game etc etc. He was fitting in very well until his injury (an injury he seemed to pick up making an important header defending a corner).

tippex9

Geez people really going for this kid, people always campaigning for kids and he's being battered. In my opinion everytime he won the ball in first 20 minutes, they all stood and watched him. Once we scored though everybody wanted the ball.

He looked like he rolled his ankle clearing a corner, he was lively and wanted to be involved from the whistle. Also tried to play through the pain. With a run of games and the fans behind him, he could be our long term right back.

Give the kid a break

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, he WAS the wide-man in thay formation! But it was cool when Keogh pushed forwards from CB to help him, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, 2 City defenders attacking-which Hussey did SUPERBLY on the other flank. My Championship Manager formation on the old Amiga version was identical to todays-midfield diamond, fast full-backs bombing forwards. It worked just as well!

stupot07

I thought he was a constant outlet especially in the first half. Yeah did make one or two bad decisions and gave the ball away a couple of times but he is only 19

rob9872

Very harsh post Nick. You're entitled to your opinion, but this is disappointing

dilligaf

he started a bit shaky but so did the rest of the defence
but improved the more the game progressed
apart from a few minor howlers
at 19yo looking good for the future

Great_Expectations

Agreed he definitely started shaky and first half there were occasions where he seemed to hide from the ball. Some of his passes were wayward and he looked indecisive at times with the ball.

On the other hand; he grew into the game more as it went on, positionally was improved from previous games, especially with nobody playing directly in front of him and I can't remember any substantial attacks coming down there left today?

NB. He is a cov kid but he is also an Arsenal supporter.

Nick

Administrator
Very harsh post Nick. You're entitled to your opinion, but this is disappointing

It isn't really harsh.

At the time of posting he was hiding a lot and didn't want the ball. The second half before he was injured he was much improved and put in a good tackle. I much preferred Hussey down the left as he ran at players and went on the overlap.

I do agree that King's first touch in the first half was shocking too but he grew into the game and then slowly faded and I think picked up a knock.

Lets not forget he is 19ffs. He needs time to develop and whilst yes he is not the greatest player we have clearly needs some confidence building and support.

honestmike

Looking at when Nick started this post - 7hrs ago I would say he was right at that time - Clarke was poor. He did get much better as the game went on.
Think we need to let the guys express themselves as they did grow in confidence as the game went on.
It was great to see and the feeling at the end after a win felt great.

Credit to Andy Thorne with all that is going on off the field!

Oh yes not to forget ...............:blue:

Nick

Administrator
Yep, I posted this during the first half...

Like I said in the second half he looked a lot better before he picked up a knock.

InterSkyBlues

Fair play mate, where were you watching from - Jordan had an ok game. He was getting stuck in and worked well on the right. Give him a break!

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, Hussey was great. But I thought Jordan did run at his man-at least on 3 occaisions I remember-and tbh early doors, maybe the first 5 rather than 20 mins, he was quality and played some neat, short passes. The odd aerial ball also lobbed over defenders and found Kings feet, and his throws were decent too.

I think maybe "hiding" is a mis-interpretation of disguised runs! Twice I saw him pretended to not be interested-then when the opposition player was ignoring him, he made a sudden sprint into space for Westwood, with whom he had made eye contact. He was over my side first half and I did watch him very closely...I really do think some of his passing was superb today, and he linked well with the midfield-McSheffrey in particular, who played out of his skin, btw. My mate who's the harshest critic around also thought he was good, and has been in his other games at RB. He's still close to goal of the season contender, too..but Sheffs got that in the bag now!

BurbageSkyBlues

Oh fellow city fans, when will we learn!?!?

Get off the players backs and let them at least try......and at just nineteen, do you want to destroy , no...alienate him? He's an arsenal fan? So he likes good football, give him a chance to develop and become a star.....here, at our club!

How many more players do we need to give areason to resent us, only for them to move on and become stars elsewhere? Look at Leon best now......

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't really getting on his back..

I am pretty sure he can take it and my opinion would be like water off a ducks back.

If you read my posts I am quite a fair critic and would happily say I was wrong (like I did about McSheffreys finish today) and that Clarke improved towards the end of the first half and in the second half when he made a good tackle.

Great_Expectations

I don't think anybody has jumped on his back at all. I think a fair summary of the thread is he started poorly and then grew into the game, hardly words to destroy or alienate any professional.

The Arsenal fan issue is nothing either, just some people correcting errors others had on this subject, again hardly the harshest of criticisms.

Hcut PUSB

I'm not so sure why peeps getting on anyones back, players make mistakes, if we wanted to watch 22 robots play we would watch Man U or Chelski play.

We won for gods sake.:p:p:p:p:p:p

Nonleagueherewecome

Tbf, I've mounted a spirited defence of Clarke, but Nick wasn't really hammering him I don't think. And it's all about opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread