Jordan Clarke (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Am

Feel sorry for the kid and yes he is still a kid hes 19 years old so have to expect he will make mistakes however he posses something what not a lot of others have in our team which is pace! If he can sort out his positional play which will come with training and experience he may become a very useful asset. Also the recent interaction with some Sky Blues fans after the Preston game and via Twitter will not of helped his confidence which may go some what to explain his form today?

Macca

It isn't really harsh.

At the time of posting he was hiding a lot and didn't want the ball. The second half before he was injured he was much improved and put in a good tackle. I much preferred Hussey down the left as he ran at players and went on the overlap.

I do agree that King's first touch in the first half was shocking too but he grew into the game and then slowly faded and I think picked up a knock.

Unfortunately this is CCFC where if you don't worship the ground every player walks on you are an outcast. Personally from what I've seen of him I don't see him becoming a big shot, nothing personal just my opinion and nowhere near as harsh as the clubs who are ruthless in their selection of which players to move forward.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Unfortunately this is CCFC where if you don't worship the ground every player walks on you are an outcast. Personally from what I've seen of him I don't see him becoming a big shot, nothing personal just my opinion and nowhere near as harsh as the clubs who are ruthless in their selection of which players to move forward.

An alternative view would be - this is CCFC where if a player misplaces a pass you boo him to show your disgust, never mind if he's 19 with only a few first team games behind him (for example), never mind that confidence is such a large part of the sport and booing the best way to destroy it.

I thought it was noticeable how the team grew in confidence yesterday - IMO massively helped by the applause as they knocked the ball about in midfield.

ccfcway

Let me know which other Champiopnship team has an Engalnd Under 19 as their right back understudy....

I'm prepared to give him some time...

Macca

An alternative view would be - this is CCFC where if a player misplaces a pass you boo him to show your disgust, never mind if he's 19 with only a few first team games behind him (for example), never mind that confidence is such a large part of the sport and booing the best way to destroy it.

I thought it was noticeable how the team grew in confidence yesterday - IMO massively helped by the applause as they knocked the ball about in midfield.

well actually I just said that I don't think he is as good as the hype, don't remember ever booing him.

as to the second point I guess you are hinting that when the fans applaud then the team does better. I agree. I actually think it doesn't take a lot to keep Coventry fans happy despite this strange feeling amongst some that our fans are the harshest in the country (try Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle to name a few). A few decent moves pleasing on the eye and we are happy. Unfortunately there has been precious few moments like that this season and if anything the players owed the fans not vice versa

Oldfive

Andy Thorn sees him in training everyday so he must see something , or its more like there is noone else to play there. Worst player on the pitch .

Nick

Administrator
well actually I just said that I don't think he is as good as the hype, don't remember ever booing him.

as to the second point I guess you are hinting that when the fans applaud then the team does better. I agree. I actually think it doesn't take a lot to keep Coventry fans happy despite this strange feeling amongst some that our fans are the harshest in the country (try Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle to name a few). A few decent moves pleasing on the eye and we are happy. Unfortunately there has been precious few moments like that this season and if anything the players owed the fans not vice versa

I agree, I wouldn't boo him and if he played rubbish I would say he played rubbish. IF he was amazing I would say he played amazing.

I wouldn't boo anybody in a Sky Blues Shirt, but I have been close! :(

DazzleTommyDazzle

Didn't mean to suggest that you'd said you'd booed him or that you would boo him.

Your point seemed to be that Cov fans aren't allowed to be critical. My view is that we are pretty critical - though many would say with good reason!

As you correctly state, I was saying that a positive reaction from the fans can make a huge difference.

I thought we played some great stuff yesterday, but some of the abuse being shouted from the stands baffled me.

I agree that you could say that the players owe the fans after a dire few months (years?) but if we want things to improve, I think we have to play our part.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Didn't mean to suggest that you'd said you'd booed him or that you would boo him.

Your point seemed to be that Cov fans aren't allowed to be critical. My view is that we are pretty critical - though many would say with good reason!

As you correctly state, I was saying that a positive reaction from the fans can make a huge difference.

I thought we played some great stuff yesterday, but some of the abuse being shouted from the stands baffled me.

I agree that you could say that the players owe the fans after a dire few months (years?) but if we want things to improve, I think we have to play our part.

I didn't hear any abuse from our lot towards the team yesterday?? In fact I think that's the most we've got behind the team in ages, the subs got standing ovations and every good move was loudly applauded and there were more chants of SBA and PUSB etc then usual. Thought it was a positive atmosphere for a change, the only negative part was a minority booing McIndoe when he came on.

Nonleagueherewecome

We are a cynical bunch, perhaps with good reason, but I don't think many clubs fans are so impatient with their homegrown youngsters. As I said, Cameron was getting loads of moans and groans before he even came on yesterday. Turner, Clarke, Eustace (just because it was the epitome of wit to call him"Useless Eustace"!!! ), Cameron- all homegrown players who've had more than their share of criticism when young. At the stage of their career where they are naturally nervous, and still learning the game. I have no idea what getting on their backs, or arguing with them on Twitter, is meant to achieve. Is repeatedly telling someone that they are shit a proven motivational technique, or did I miss that meeting?

There's a line in a Simpsons episode that I've quoted before and will no doubt do so again ;

"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such self-help videos as "Get Confident, Stupid!"

ccfctommy

Havent read the whole thread but I don't mind Clarke. Had a so so game yesterday but isnt a bad player by any means.

Macca

Its a fair point that fans need to play their part but I think there is a certain amount of fatigue there amongst fans and it will take a consistant spell to revive them. Still think that we are by far the most easy going group of fans going in terms of what keeps us sweet. For my part I just want to come away from the Ricoh 10 times a season feeling I 've had some excitement and shouted myself hoarse. Don't expect promotion, play offs, cup run just entertainment on a fairly regular basis

CovFan

Clarke had a bad start to the match but definitely improved. He's very much a barometer for the team, if Clarke plays well then the whole team is playing well.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I didn't hear any abuse from our lot towards the team yesterday?? In fact I think that's the most we've got behind the team in ages, the subs got standing ovations and every good move was loudly applauded and there were more chants of SBA and PUSB etc then usual. Thought it was a positive atmosphere for a change, the only negative part was a minority booing McIndoe when he came on.

Overall I'd agree with you that the crowd got behind the team pretty well yesterday.

I see that you're in block 15 so maybe it doesn't happen so much there, but over in the Telegraph stand there are a number of loud voices (why do they always have the loudest voices???) who seem to be just waiting for a misplaced pass to start shouting abuse.

I'm happy to give the ref some stick and consider it an obligation to have a go at the opposition, but I've never once had a go at a City player and I just don't get it.

Macca

Depends what you call having a go I suppose. Never shouted abuse as I would describe it but you must be whacked out on valium to have never shouted something along the lines of "what was that" or " how did he miss that". Some players over the years just haven't tried which is different all together to being incompetent.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Depends what you call having a go I suppose. Never shouted abuse as I would describe it but you must be whacked out on valium to have never shouted something along the lines of "what was that" or " how did he miss that". Some players over the years just haven't tried which is different all together to being incompetent.

No - the closest I've ever come to that is putting my head in my hands and muttering an expletive to myself.

I've never tried valium. Maybe I'm just high on life..............:confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread