Jordan Willis to Bristol City (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Looks like Willis could be off to a Bristol City...

Deity

Not a surprise ... someone posted in Sept than Willis wanted out in Jan and intended to prove his fitness prior to that to ease the negotiations...

dongonzalos

Good player.
Definitely can play above this level.
However good defenders are easy enough to get on free transfers so if it gives cash to Slade.
Then I don't have an issue.

Grendel

Not dominant enough for league one IMO. He makes a lot of mistakes too but recovers with his pace...it won't be so easy in the championship. Anything over £500k i'd drive him their myself

He's worth £100k tops and I'd be fucked off if we signed a player like him for £100k - he's had a couple of good games but his flaws are there to be exposed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not so annoyed on him being sold as long as Stevenson and Harries don't go as well. That'll be a proper fire sale.

I'll judge the situation at the end of the transfer window when we have recruited fully.

eastwoodsdustman

It looks like this was always on the cards with the new lad coming in. I think he's improved massively this season but like others say, his pace covers his mistakes.

Covstu

Not surprised on this one, one in and one out by the looks of things. Fisher was clear that there would be sales

Gaz

He's a player I hope we keep
Personally I believe he is good enough for this league and has the potential to grow into a solid championship player

robbiekeane

I'm not so annoyed on him being sold as long as Stevenson and Harries don't go as well. That'll be a proper fire sale.

I'll judge the situation at the end of the transfer window when we have recruited fully.
I dunno mate

The three of them aren't going to keep us up (nearly wrote get us promoted then!), but give Slade the cash from their sale and he could buy us players who can.

Great_Expectations

Bristol players were kept in the dark about this one if it is true. Seems strange they hadn't even heard any rumours around the training ground.

If he didn't have pace he wouldn't be anywhere near the player he is, which is never a good sign.

Saying that, I will be sorry to see him go though, with the right people and experience around him he could be a very solid CB. He won't get that at Bristol - Lee Johnsons a dick.

lifeskyblue

Don't rate Willis as highly as some. An average player at our level. Not convinced he is a centre half ...his pace in l1 rescues him a lot but not sure in the championship he will look as good. Not strong enough at l1 level, not good enough for the championship I believe.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Good player.
Definitely can play above this level.
However good defenders are easy enough to get on free transfers so if it gives cash to Slade.
Then I don't have an issue.
Tbf we already have his replacement in, in Clarke! Just need to sign somebody in now who's better than Turnnbull and let's be honest, that ain't gonna be hard! I mean, match my wages and I'll do it! Surely I can't do any worse?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Otis

I quite like Willis myself, but not at all convinced he can play at a higher level.

Hope if he goes that it IS a good bit of business.

As I and a few people said on the transfer threads, it seemed obvious that players had to go out before we could bring players in.

Think any outlay will easily be surpassed by the revenue received.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skyblue025

Good solid player who will be good enough to play at a higher level. Only 22, played less than 100 games and captain material, played for England U18 & 19 . Loads of time for him to improve with age and experience. Should be asking for 500k + sell on/app money after seeing what some players are going for.

Captain Dart

higgs

Too injury prone I'd cash in if we got a mill what's left on his contract?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Skyblue_LDN

With loans gone how's the first choice back 4 going to look, how far off is Stokes, read he played in the U23s today?

sb84

One of our better players this season so far so surely worth keeping. Also a cov kid so if all was going in the right direction for ccfc then I am sure he would prefer to stay here than go to Bristol.

better days

I think this started as a bit of joking between players. Most of the other rumours have a grain of truth

Not a surprise ... someone posted in Sept than Willis wanted out in Jan and intended to prove his fitness prior to that to ease the negotiations...

Twas I, and it came from a source very close to Willis. Sadly I'm afraid it's the scourge of these so called agents who tout the players around clubs in order to take their cut. Willis is a decent enough centre back at this level but can be bullied due to his lack of stature and his saving grace is pace which enables him to recover from his mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread