Jordan Willis... would you keep or sell?? (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

Heard that £650k is our asking price. Makes you wonder why we let go of Vinelot for £50k

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didn't they both play in some of the friendlies?

Also meant in terms of Willis not even training and therefore not having chance to work together.

I only recall Hyam playing U23 games, so not alongside McDonald pre season?

Willis played on friendlies too

Think he played more alongside McDonald than he didn't pre season

Nick

Administrator

think he did, hyam was with trialists in the games I saw

vow

I'm not gonna go into detail but I work with someone who's connected to his family.
giphy.gif

vow

Anyhoo, If he can stay injury free, he'll be an asset to the team, so for that I'd keep him and offer him a new deal.

steve82

Heard that £650k is our asking price. Makes you wonder why we let go of Vinelot for £50k

Maybe that about right, he's another George Thomas situation in the waiting and will require a development fee.

So 650k seems a fair price, no wonder Bradford have taken a step back with there interests considering the price of our last transactions between the two clubs in Vincelot!

steve82

Anyhoo, If he can stay injury free, he'll be an asset to the team, so for that I'd keep him and offer him a new deal.

I'm sure Robins will want to tie him down to a new 2 year deal like the rest or at least spoke to him about his future plans given the recent interest in him and only wanting players who want to play for the club.

I'm sure we'd offer a new deal come the summer if he says no now anyway so we're entitled to a development fee.

Reactions: vow

Otis

Cheers for that. My mistake then. I didn't think Willis had played at all pre season.

vow

I'm sure Robins will want to tie him down to a new 2 year deal like the rest or at least spoke to him about his future plans given the recent interest in him and only wanting players who want to play for the club.

I'm sure we'd offer a new deal come the summer if he says no now anyway so we're entitled to a development fee.
Agree with all that, steve. Far too sensible a post though :playful:

Adge

If we were offered anything near 500,000 we should sell. Think everyone knows my stance on him-a loser who has it ingrained in him. We need (and might have at last) a team of winners and Willis doesn't fit the bill.
Hope if he does stay he proves me wrong but my opinion is based on the last 3-4 seasons where he just hasn't done it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If we were offered anything near 500,000 we should sell. Think everyone knows my stance on him-a loser who has it ingrained in him. We need (and might have at last) a team of winners and Willis doesn't fit the bill.
Hope if he does stay he proves me wrong but my opinion is based on the last 3-4 seasons where he just hasn't done it.

Looks like come the end of the season we will both be eating our words; you on willis and me omnibus doyle :)

Adge

I think a new deal is essential, otherwise we may end up with him doing a Thomas!
That's another thing if he stays injury free. We don't want another passenger as we already have one with Haynes being out till October.

Captain Dart

'cause he wasn't going to stay anyway. Mowbray said it was for 'footballing reasons', he would have said 'unsettled player' if he wanted to be honest.

CCFC88

Last season especially he was the "leader and organiser" in front of an unstable GK and behind a soft midfield, he wasn't able to concentrate on just playing his game.

On Saturday he was alongside a CB and in front of a GK both of which are vocal. he doesn't need to worry about organising the midfield which he has had to in the past.

I think he can become a strong CB who can lead but he will learn so much from playing alongside McDonald this season and his game will improve with the reduced responsibility of worrying about the lack of experience around him.

Esoterica

His heading was very good yesterday.
I thought he had a good game overall too, didn't mean it to sound as critical as it did, just sometimes he gets under the ball too much. There's an example just after 2 mins in the extended highlights, needs to do better with it in either distance or direction, otherwise the pressure stays on us. Will get away with it in L2 more often than not and i'd definitely keep him, it's just an area I think he can continue to improve in.

Users who are viewing this thread