Journalist shares hilarious abuse from online trolls (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

An attempt to go viral by the looks of it.

No mention of him trolling Johnson or Reid when he got a new car?

KG7

In twenty years when the next Steve Coogan writes a comedy show about a deluded journalist trying desperately to be relevant in an era where print journalism is going down the pan he will base his character on Simon Gilbert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Can't argue with any of that, always good to have a girl in the background giggling atEverything you say,
like she's come into work and forgot to take out the love eggs from last night.
Proper Ego food that.:emoji_shrug:

olderskyblue

I see what they mean about lego hair now...

Fair enough, he's laughed it off like most on here would.

pastythegreat

Journalist shares hilarious abuse from online trolls

A few of you are famous chaps... enjoy the video
The headline is a little misleading on this article! It quite clearly says 'Journalist' when it's actually about Simon Gilbert. It also says 'trolling' which is cyber bullying! Thus is more banter than bullying! I'll let that slide though but Gilbert being called a journalist is way past the mark

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Gosford Green

The headline is a little misleading on this article! It quite clearly says 'Journalist' when it's actually about Simon Gilbert. It also says 'trolling' which is cyber bullying! Thus is more banter than bullying! I'll let that slide though but Gilbert being called a journalist is way past the mark

Gilbert is a content writer. Filling a local newspaper that is based not very local with enough words that will make online click bait.

shmmeee

Trolling is not cyber bullying.

Grendel

Gilbert was not exactly factually accurate in his Reda Johnson narrative either.

He failed to mention his goading of Johnson and the statement where he said to Johnson he was "bought up in Canley so can handle himself"

It's pathetic really.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You know I remember a time when journalism was about reporting the news, challenging those in power and was not about the very public egos of the journalists involved or agendas between two news outlets.

(yes I know there was always stuff in the back ground but I cant help feeling very let down by some of the antics of the journalists in our city...... it has become, in many senses, about them and not the things that really matter)

Just my opinion of course

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gilbert was not exactly factually accurate in his Reda Johnson narrative either.

He failed to mention his goading of Johnson and the statement where he said to Johnson he was "bought up in Canley so can handle himself"

It's pathetic really.
Yea then canley Gilbert bottled it when reda spoke to him.

Gilbert was like fair play big man, can't argue with that when responding to Johnson on Twitter.

Nick

Administrator
Yea then canley Gilbert bottled it when reda spoke to him.

Gilbert was like fair play big man, can't argue with that when responding to Johnson on Twitter.

By "spoke" do you mean that he would shit on him until he had enough, then he would do it again?

Nick

Administrator
I reckon it must have been lost in translation.

Still up there with a bloke in the skydome about to have a fight telling the other he had better get away from him because he was going to "bum him" if he carried on.

jimmyhillsfanclub

This thread has already given canley gilbert another 2 weeks worth of content.......close it quick nick.

Esoterica

The fact he had to trawl an unrelated CCFC forum for two thirds of the video content, which were mostly comments about him and not to him, epitomises both Gilbert's work and the CT.

Users who are viewing this thread