Just a thought on our ten point deduction

Discussion in 'New Sky Blues' started by bringbackrattles, Oct 29, 2013.

1. bringbackrattles

bringbackrattles Well-Known Member

Talking to a fellow fan in the pub at the weekend about how well we are doing this season.
    He said having the ten points deducted was the best thing that could have happened as it gave the young team the incentive to go out and win games,he went on to say without it they may have struggled.
    I said I wished we never had the deduction as we would be in fourth spot now,but he was adamant his logic was right. Anybody agree with him ?

2. Pavman

Pavman New Member

I do to an extent, it has to some degree taken pressure of our players and so I feel it has allowed them to play with more freedom. But I do think we would be in a higher position if we didn't have our 10 points deducted, but necessarily 10 points better off.

3. Rich

Rich Moderator

I agree with him and I hope that we don't hit the playoff spots too soon. If we do it may be a case of mission accomplished and everyone lets their foot off the gas too soon. If we can drag it out until January when we reach the top 6 then I think it really would be a blessing. We were only 10-1 for promotion before the season began on -10.

4. bringbackrattles

You'd have thought the pressure to get the points back would have been a bit much for this young team.
    But it hasn't at all so his logic may be spot on ? It is early days but if Pressley's young guns continue in this fine form they should be in the running for team of the season,whatever our final position.

5. Sky Blue Harry H

Sky Blue Harry H Well-Known Member

The problem is with something like this - you can never prove it, either way! I hope we catch those above us up asap, as it will perhaps keep the players (and SP) wanting to stay at the City and (hopefully) make SISU more likely to keep them together. Here's hoping!

6. bringbackrattles

All we can say is what a great achievement in wiping away the ten points and so quickly as well.
    Another question is can we keep the momentum going ? Time will tell but let's enjoy it nevertheless !

7. sisu go home

sisu go home New Member

I think it was an excellent way to filter out the trash. It's got to sit in your mind when you hit rock bottom that the only way is up. The anger and injustice of it will either make a flapper or a fighter out of you.

Pressley got rid of the flappers at the start of the season.