Just been reading another thread .......... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
...........and somewhere along the route, it changed from swearing in the ground to how many kids people have. No problem with that, but it got me wondering, just how many of us have kids and have they grown up yet? I had 8 kids but now have 7 (I lost a son at a week old), they in turn have given me 14 grandchildren and I now have one great-grandson. My eldest daughter is now 42 and my youngest is 25. I have 4 daughters and 3 sons. All my sons share the same birthday - but all different years. I believe the odds of that happening are something like 500,000/1 but I'm sure someone will correct me!
Just thought I'd share the HH family tree! :D

Quball

im not commenting on the swearing but R.I.P to your lost son hope hes waving a ccfc scarf up in heaven hes probably met the greats we only dream off my heart honestly goes to him :) massive odds though sounds you have an amazing family.

Houchens Head

Thanks Qu-B. I love 'em all. My son died in 1977 and would now have been 35. We were told that had he lived, he would have had severe brain damage due to contracting diabetes at birth. I now have diabetes (from about 5 years ago).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I have no kids! But I might put a bet on for when I do and try and get them all born on the same day if they're the odds :) That said, I bet you spend a lot on that particular day of the year!

Out of interest HH, how many of your family follow the mighty (OK that's a little extreme) Sky Blues?

Houchens Head

sw88: It was never planned to have my lads all born on March 26th. We had girls born in between the lads, so yeah, mighty big surprise to have the same date. Incidently, the son I lost was born on 7th March and was 3 weeks early so he could have been born on the same date as well! As for birthday costs, not any more. They're all big lads with families of their own now! As for City supporters - unfortunately no. Eldest lad lives in Derby and isn't the slightest bit interested in football. Second oldest is an avid Manure Nited fan. I just can't change him.:( Youngest is a footy fan but doesn't really follow anyone fanatically. He just enjoys playing. I think my eldest daughter is the biggest city fan out of all my kids and she lives in Nottingham!

Otis

I have just the one. She is 8.

As far as I know she doesn't have any children, so I am not a grandparent just yet.

Disorganised1

I normally win these events, but you've got me beat H ~ I've got 6, 5 girls and a boy, ranging in age from 28 to 11 ~ 5 out of 6 are City fans though, but only 3 of them are visitors to the Ricoh.

Houchens Head

I normally win these events, but you've got me beat H ~ I've got 6, 5 girls and a boy, ranging in age from 28 to 11 ~ 5 out of 6 are City fans though, but only 3 of them are visitors to the Ricoh.

I think only having 3 TV channels when I was younger might be a reason! :whistle:
Or my missus being slightly deaf! (Whenever I asked if we were going to sleep or what, she used to say "What?")

Users who are viewing this thread