Just my luck (1 Viewer)

Astute

Got a family do coming up. Wife told me this morning. So booked hotel in Coventry. Had the thought of disappearing for a bit and getting the game in. August 26th. Hoping for a home game. We have.....Yeovil away :rolleyes:

Yeovil away it is then :smuggrin: But will have to take my 7 and 8 year old kids with me. Not ideal but at least I will be able to go. Wonder if my family notices I am missing :shifty:

ovduk78

It's only adding about 300 miles to your weekend trip, if I was given the chance of a family do or an away trip to Yeovil I'd be going to Yeovil too!!

Astute

Yes about 700 miles round trip. Like the Yeovil ground....as long as it is a nice day. Was there last time. Standing behind the goal without shelter.

Will have to drive about 500 miles in one day with 7 and 8 year olds arguing and fighting. Trying not to think about it or I will put myself off from going.

ovduk78

Yes about 700 miles round trip. Like the Yeovil ground....as long as it is a nice day. Was there last time. Standing behind the goal without shelter.

Will have to drive about 500 miles in one day with 7 and 8 year olds arguing and fighting. Trying not to think about it or I will put myself off from going.
I'd be making sure my ipod is fully charged!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I take my hat off to you Astute , that shows commitment . :happy:

Suffolk sky blues

A home cov game for me is 240miles I'm now doing more away games.my new plan is 2 years mortgage paid off camper van & just following the sky blues around.

covmark

I'll be there, one of the closer away days for me along with Swindon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Yep. Went last season and it was absolutely dire. It didn't get any better after either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Would really like to give them a pasting. Their keeper almost caused a riot down there when he gave it to the City fans.

Liquid Gold

Yeah a solid win there this season would be great. Still pissed off about us throwing away that 2-0 lead with 5 minutes left. At least I was under cover that day.

oucho

If you are trying to avoid putting yourself off from going, I would also recommend not thinking too much about the likely standard of football and our probable quality of performance.....

Astute

Yeah a solid win there this season would be great. Still pissed off about us throwing away that 2-0 lead with 5 minutes left. At least I was under cover that day.
I wasn't under cover. I was behind the goal. My little boy even had my coat on for most of the game. Freezing and soaking wet. All I had on was a football top. My hands had turned blue. But I was still happy that my little boy was going to see us win for the first time.........

Considered never taking him again after that one.

Sbarcher

We're in the dry, we're in the dry, we're in the dry..... etc
Yes, real shitter, felt like a defeat but when they scored the 1st one you just knew it would happen.

Sbarcher

We're in the dry, we're in the dry, we're in the dry..... etc
Yes, real shitter, felt like a defeat but when they scored the 1st one you just knew it would happen.
Complete contrast to last season when it was blazing hot in that uncovered end.

Astute

If you are trying to avoid putting yourself off from going, I would also recommend not thinking too much about the likely standard of football and our probable quality of performance.....
If you think our squad isn't that good try looking at some of the others :)

oucho

If you think our squad isn't that good try looking at some of the others :)

I wasn't commenting on our squad - just the reality of being a CCFC follower in whichever league we happen to play!

Users who are viewing this thread