Just signed up

Discussion in 'New Sky Blues' started by Jacketh, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jacketh

Jacketh New Member

Hello everyone,

Going to be honest here and admit that I've only been a Sky Blues fan for since 2011-12 season. This is only due to the fact that I was never a massive football fan. I really wish this wasn't the case.. I remember back at school it was all everyone ever spoke about and I hated it! My dad hated football so I was never really taken to the games.

I eventually got forced to a game with a few friends which ended up in a 2-0 win against Derby. Despite I'd never been to a game before I loved it. The atmosphere was amazing and I found myself going mental each time we scored! From then on I purchased a season ticket and went to many of the away games as well. Obviously it wasn't exactly the best time to start, with us going through some rough time (relegation, playing at Northampton etc) but I loved it.

I've been going to many games ever since and find myself watching football whenever possible, I love it. It's strange to think this wasn't always the case! Really wish I had got into it sooner and seen us play at Highfield road etc!

But anyway, I've got a season ticket this season and I was very impressed with what I saw on Saturday! I know it was only the first game so not getting carried away here but it was great to see! I'll admit I went to most of the pre-season games and was a little worried from our presence upfront, but I was still keeping the faith! Looking forward to some away games this season! Shame MK Dons aren't in this league any more as they were always great to play against!

Anyway that's enough about me! Let's hope the team can keep it up!

2. bringbackrattles

bringbackrattles Well-Known Member

We need more fans so welcome aboard the madness ! I've been a City supporter since the sixties and been through all the highs and lows,but still got the tingles on Saturday just being there and I'm always hoping for one good season,and let's hope this could be that one ?

3. Nick

Nick Administrator

Welcome to the site :) get stuck into the prediction league!

4. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

I'm sort of the opposite to you.

I believed in true love and never-ending romance and warm embraces, but then I met my wife.

5. Jacketh

Jacketh New Member

hahaha I laughed way too hard at this!

6. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be laughing if you were me.

7. bringbackrattles

bringbackrattles Well-Known Member

Come on now Otis we know your favourite film is From Russia With Love !

8. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

download.jpg

I think you'll find it is this.

Only I would like it to be how to murder MY wife and not yours.

9. CCFCKirky

CCFCKirky Member

Welcome Jacketh! I can relate to you in a lot of what you said, my family despise football and are an ice hockey family, I have always loved football so I thought instead of going to hockey I would go to the Ricoh and watch City play MK Dons early this year and I became hooked, I haven't missed a home game since.