Kcic front bid to buy club (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The offer to purchase the club was a symbolic £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton.

RoboCCFC90

You can close my other thread if you want to keep this one open Nick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody spoken to acl to see what the rent abd costs will be??

The KCIC group says it would only require the club to look at reimbursing them when attendances at the Ricoh were above 5,000 - more than double the average attendance at Sixfields last season.

That bit is interesting, sounds like that hoffman offer of paying the rent

Spionkop

Only you could say such a negative thing Nick.
Supporters busting a gut to resolve things and you come out with that. Unbelievable.
Well done KCIC. A ray of hope.

Rusty Trombone

The crowd will be more than 5,000 and therefore it seems the deal is that SISU would pay the rent, and therefore this won't happen.

To put pressure on SISU the offer to pay rent would have to have no strings attached, they still wouldn't accept, but at least the excuses would have to be slightly different.

Rusty Trombone

An offer to buy the club isn't going to be accepted when the offer comes in on Wednesday, and you say reply by Friday morning, and oh, by the way, write off all your loans.

It gets a headline, but that's all that will happen with this approach.

Last edited:

torchomatic

It's not being negative. He's just pointing out the terms. As the crowd will ALWAYS be over 5000 then the rent will never be free for the Club.

A bit like the Hoffman "free" offer.

Great idea, but sadly I don't think CCFC will go for it.

Only you could say such a negative thing Nick.
Supporters busting a gut to resolve things and you come out with that. Unbelievable.
Well done KCIC. A ray of hope.

jas365

I was told on Wednesday that Terry Yorath was involved in a bid to buy to the club, no idea how true it is and if he is involved in this bid, the article does say one person is well known to fans?

Covstu

I think the main thing it does is that it should have to provoke a reaction from both sides so again you will see where their stance is. KCIC could look to force the hand of SISU by offering a potentially viable offer to get us back in Cov. I think it is a great idea.

sky blue john

Its a good idea in respect that it takes away the obstruction in the short term of Sisu having to negotiate with Acl, CCC & Higgs. Because we all know how well they all get on!!!

Gint11

It's a good offer, it is a ray of hope, cannot see SISU accepting this as attendances will be well over 5K at the Ricoh so they would have to pay rent back which they have argued about since day 1 of this mess. Good effort though KCIC. I wait with baited breath....

skybluelee

I look forward to the identikit response I will get from the FL when I write to them to complain following SISU's inevitable dismissal of this offer.

Spionkop

If they turn it down it will be another nail in their coffin and the clubs. It makes no financial sense to decline it.
But I hope Michael and KCIC have an efficient team of debt collectors.......
The best news in ages.
Grasp the branch Sisu. You bastards.

Nick

Administrator
Would that mean the agreement would be with KCIC and then they sub let to CCFC?

It isn't actually a free rent offer before people get into that again ;)

J

Jack Griffin

Would that mean the agreement would be with KCIC and then they sub let to CCFC?

It isn't actually a free rent offer before people get into that again ;)

So do you prefer the club to be in Northampton?

Nick

Administrator
Michael, serious questions.

What will happen about football related revenue?
Do you have any sort of idea on what rent / matchday costs will be and how much the club will need to pay per game on a game with say 15,000 in attendance?

Kingokings204

I want number 2 on th letter. I want them to buy the club.

Stop fannying about and just give us back our club.

This offer won't be accepted but it is a ray of sunshine when otherwise the club will certainly die.

italiahorse

It's not being negative. He's just pointing out the terms. As the crowd will ALWAYS be over 5000 then the rent will never be free for the Club.

A bit like the Hoffman "free" offer.

Great idea, but sadly I don't think CCFC will go for it.

Whats your views in the offer?

Nick

Administrator
That was a question, if you want you can answer it.

I would say obviously I want the club back in Coventry, but I want it to be for good and done properly so we don't end up going back round in a circle. If we have moved I want it to have been at least sort of worthwhile for the club long term. (Not that I am saying it is or will be, just that personally I would prefer the whole thing to have achieved something whether it be a decent rent / revenue deal or buying Higgs share etc)

covcity4life

well done micheal for the offer to buy the club

and also with the offer for rent, it all helps

i do think the 5000 thing is a bit silly as its just a childish jibe at sisus idiocy of moving to sixfields, its not gonna help us find a resolution.

but overall............thanks

italiahorse

Michael, serious questions.

What will happen about football related revenue?
Do you have any sort of idea on what rent / matchday costs will be and how much the club will need to pay per game on a game with say 15,000 in attendance?

Can't you just for once be positive on something ?
IMHO Just throwing spanners in the works is very annoying.

Nick

Administrator
Can't you just for once be positive on something ?
IMHO Just throwing spanners in the works is very annoying.

How am I not being positive? I am asking questions about the offer and if they seem like a great deal then I am fully behind it.

It isn't throwing a spanner in the works is it?

J

Jack Griffin

I would say obviously I want the club back in Coventry, but I want it to be for good and done properly so we don't end up going back round in a circle. If we have moved I want it to have been at least sort of worthwhile for the club long term. (Not that I am saying it is or will be, just that personally I would prefer the whole thing to have achieved something whether it be a decent rent / revenue deal or buying Higgs share etc)

In what way do you think moving the club out of Coventry could be good for the club in the long term, because it beats me.

Users who are viewing this thread