Kcic front bid to buy club (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I just hope irrelevant of the judgement that the Club returns home to the Ricoh ASAP.

Everything else is just a side show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure its a sideshow. I think its the main show myself but both are opinions. Remember ML said it was a sideshow so probably not true as he said it. I also want back asap and prepare for this new season as it looks a crap league and we could do something. Could.

skybluetony176

Its ironic you say that as I dont think you were christened Sky Blue Tony were you...but hey you go for it

No, as you point out I was christened Tony. But then I don't have an issue with made up names. I was just pointing out the irony of people who are using made up names complaining about people using made up names.

Moff

No, as you point out I was christened Tony. But then I don't have an issue with made up names. I was just pointing out the irony of people who are using made up names complaining about people using made up names.

Ok, fair point and point taken

chiefdave

One thing about 'offers' is that normally proof of substantial funds are required within your offer so the receiving offer can be substantiated and then taken seriously. Has that been done?

KCIC website said:
The offer made by kcic to sisu is to pay rent and associated match day costs ...... Finance is in place and proof of funds will be immediately available to sisu, if sisu say they will take up the offer.

torchomatic

I don't have an issue with made up names, just laughing at you calling Grendel my leader.

I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean with the question mark thing.

hill83

I wasn't christened at all as my parents aren't brainwashed religious fanatics.

Edit: ;) Popping a wink on just in case

olderskyblue

My suspicions are also raised with its similarity to Hoffman's 'offer' that those equally responsible for the demise of our club are meddling in the background.

If the discussions were to buy the club, I would be concerned, but this is to get CCFC back to the Ricoh, and really, does it matter who is behind it if it gets SISU talking?

The timing is also... unfortunate. Just before a JR result, not too long until a march celebrating fan unity. ...... I'd suggest it's more likely SISU would be willing to sit down with ACL/CCC then they would KCiC!

The perfect timing is long past, but if SISU came back and said they will discuss it after the JR is done and dusted, I would accept that. Agree about your next point though, but I still support this attempt to get discussions.

So yes, I would like to know what this deal actually is................I was always taught to ask questions if I didn't understand something or if I wanted to be reassured... once things were in the media, I was *definitely* taught to ask questions before taking at face value ;)

Really, I this is a genuine attempt to get SISU to talk, so at this stage, i'm not really interested in detail. If they talk, great, if they don't, let's know why, but if they do, I think that's when the detail can be put together, with SISU's involvement. I would find it hard to put detail together on this because I really do not know what, if anything, would be acceptable to SISU, hence let's meet and go through it. The important aspect is "let's meet"

You, *you* may have the answer! You may be one of those businessmen! For that matter, you may be Elliott and/or Hoffman in which case hi :)

Ha, no sorry to disappoint you ;) I might have got involved if I'd won the £100million+ lottery the other week...but I didn't.

So... rather than see questions as a negative, isn't it better to consider them more as 'here's an idea we can run with, let's flesh it out a bit to see if it's a goer'? You may not give a damn about the detail, but what if there's something missing that could have easily been added without consequence that woul be *more* likely to get talks started?

Can you imagine how much squabbling there would be on here as to how to "flesh it out" ? Blimey, the JR would be well and truly finished and a new stadium built before we agreed on what the offer should be...;)

Just dismiss my doubts as those of someone who wants the club in Northampton and that loses someone automatically who's disposed to get behind something.

Agreed

And yes, have ACL actually been consulted too? If not, what if SISU turned round and said alright, what happens then!

I would expect there to have been some dialogue with ACL first, but I don't know. If there has, then giving the detail on here would again be like throwing meat for the dogs to scrap over...not productive. If there hasn't, then they could still discuss with SISU what would work and then talk to ACL. You know, like acting as a mediator...

Sorry for the delay in answering

olderskyblue

Christ, not sure I have enough hours in the day to sort the quote tags out for a reply to that.

Maybe that's how to end this, just insist SISU and ACL quote piecemeal until one stuffs up the html!

No, I expect your fully documented answers on my desk in the morning..!! Blimey NW, I thought you liked detail?? ;)

Paxman II

Not sure what you are implying? The kcic website quote says 'IF' SISU say yes they will show funds? So my original statement is correct.
In other words they have not shown proof of funds have they? So SISU can't substantiate those funds and take the offer to the next stage even if they wanted to listen to such poppycock. :)

Last edited:

MichaelCCFC

Not sure what you are implying? The kcic website quote says 'IF' SISU say yes they will show funds? So my original statement is correct.
In other words they have not shown proof of funds have they? So SISU can't substantiate those funds and take the offer to the next stage even if they wanted to listen to such poppycock. :)

Paxman, sure you're getting as bored reading this as I am typing it but...idea was knocking around for a fair while and offer was able to be made because finance is in place. If sisu respond with an in principle 'yes' to the purchase offer PoF is ready for that. If sisu respond with an in principle 'yes' to rent offer PoF is ready for that. All the double guessing of what sisu may/may not think/say is tbh neither here nor there. Everything now rests on sisu's response

J

Jack Griffin

They can but ask, I don't think we are in totally inflexible territory here, except perhaps in your mind.

NorthernWisdom

Paxman, sure you're getting as bored reading this as I am typing it but...idea was knocking around for a fair while and offer was able to be made because finance is in place. If sisu respond with an in principle 'yes' to the purchase offer PoF is ready for that. If sisu respond with an in principle 'yes' to rent offer PoF is ready for that. All the double guessing of what sisu may/may not think/say is tbh neither here nor there. Everything now rests on sisu's response

Are you in the habit of c&p'ing and never responding to anybody's questions?

Nick

Administrator

Should we assume you have come to an agreement with ACL and have figures to know how much you need for PoF for the rental side?

Nick

Administrator
All the double guessing of what sisu may/may not think/say is tbh neither here nor there. Everything now rests on sisu's response.

Ahh I get it, you think SISU can be trusted and are good for the club. Thanks for clearing it up!

ps. Damp Squib

(Quite clearly light hearted before any solicitors start getting heavy :) )

Kingokings204

All the double guessing of what sisu may/may not think/say is tbh neither here nor there. Everything now rests on sisu's response.

Ahh I get it, you think SISU can be trusted and are good for the club. Thanks for clearing it up!

ps. Damp Squib

(Quite clearly light hearted before any solicitors start getting heavy
icon_e_smile.gif

Rob S

Another week, another rental deal offer. It's Gary Hoffman again isn't it? Businessman known to supporters, convoluted terms...can it be anyone else?

Ultimately the problem is getting the warring parties around the negotiating table and putting pre-conditions on that – e.g. you have to come and rent first, we'll only talk about XXXX, there have to be custard creams but no rich tea biscuits allowed, etc. – is putting barriers in the way.

The sides have no trust in each other and have been slugging out this in the media, courts, backrooms and anywhere else that can host a bit of a dust up and here's another salvo.

So how about some negotiations without any conditions? They can talk about bringing the club back to the Ricoh on a rental deal there can't they?

Kingokings204

Another week, another rental deal offer. It's Gary Hoffman again isn't it? Businessman known to supporters, convoluted terms...can it be anyone else?

Ultimately the problem is getting the warring parties around the negotiating table and putting pre-conditions on that – e.g. you have to come and rent first, we'll only talk about XXXX, there have to be custard creams but no rich tea biscuits allowed, etc. – is putting barriers in the way.

The sides have no trust in each other and have been slugging out this in the media, courts, backrooms and anywhere else that can host a bit of a dust up and here's another salvo.

So how about some negotiations without any conditions? They can talk about bringing the club back to the Ricoh on a rental deal there can't they?

One thing that has always got me. Why cant ccfc just peppercorn rent themselves without the need for a third party as its just not needed imo. I know the trust has gone but only one way to work that and that is build it back up. If they cant they its goodbye to ccfc and don't bother waiting the 5 years.

Paxman II

Michael I can't believe the naivety being shown.
Since when has it been about affording the rent and match day cost? It may have been part of the dispute but is not fundamental in the overall requirement SISU seek (namely ownership of the stadium in some form) in order to return to the Ricoh once and for all.

It puzzles me why kcic should make such a silly offer? Indeed as said by someone, it smacks of a repeated offer made by Hoffman that was easily dismantled as a joke back then once examined under scrutiny but got him some media attention.

If you truly believe you are onto something with this 'offer' and yet refuse to say who agree backing it and what the end game is then I wish you luck in your naivety. If I was SISU I doubt I would even bother to respond. You are merely carpet bagging them to look bad if they don't respond.

There is nothing in it for them. They could make such arrangement with ACL themselves if they really wanted to. It's about the long term future and getting ACL to realise this and moreover the council who own the gig and half of ACL.

You should put your efforts into trying to talk to various parties as to how you can release ACL from the 40 year lease, deal with all the contractors in place and sub leases and in some way convince the council the football club needs to own the stadium for the community it serves. Now that would be making progress. Your idea simply delays the inevitable from happening and is a side show to the real problem that all this has been about.

I would hazard a guess that some of your backers are the likes of dear Uncle Joe who was a party to the mess in the first place and then of a failed takeover bid that was undermined with the councils intent to rid itself of SISU. Hoffman allegedly made his offer famously on the back of a cigarette packet which really gave him credibility and then disappeared again.

Everyone needs to realise it is ALL about owning the Ricoh for the football club. SISU may have designs on it for themselves but one way or another the right solution can be found.

Ian1779

The more I think about it the more I wish I didn't know about this. If we put the offer to buy aside for one moment, then the rent offer could be a good deal, and could finally engage the parties in some meaningful discussion, even if the original offer is never taken up. The problem is that as soon as it became public it opens itself for scrutiny...that's what we do - so people wanting more information makes sense.

If that information is not forthcoming, we then fall into the category of previous media 'bids' from Dhinsa, Haskell, Hoffman etc and it loses it credibility. You can't exactly blame people for thinking that given what has happened previously.

All we really want is the club back at the Ricoh. Having seen what has been discussed over the last few days - I actually wish that I never knew about it, and that a deal or the offer was done behind closed doors.

If people have the will and desire to get a deal done then it can happen. It might even be a more constructive agreement without the interference of the media.

sky blue john

Since when has it been about affording the rent and match day cost? It may have been part of the dispute but is not fundamental in the overall requirement SISU seek (namely ownership of the stadium in some form) in order to return to the Ricoh once and for all.

It puzzles me why kcic should make such a silly offer? Indeed as said by someone, it smacks of a repeated offer made by Hoffman that was easily dismantled as a joke back then once examined under scrutiny but got him some media attention.

If you truly believe you are onto something with this 'offer' and yet refuse to say who agree backing it and what the end game is then I wish you luck in your naivety. If I was SISU I doubt I would even bother to respond. You are merely carpet bagging them to look bad if they don't respond.

There is nothing in it for them. They could make such arrangement with ACL themselves if they really wanted to. It's about the long term future and getting ACL to realise this and moreover the council who own the gig and half of ACL.

You should put your efforts into trying to talk to various parties as to how you can release ACL from the 40 year lease, deal with all the contractors in place and sub leases and in some way convince the council the football club needs to own the stadium for the community it serves. Now that would be making progress. Your idea simply delays the inevitable from happening and is a side show to the real problem that all this has been about.

I would hazard a guess that some of your backers are the likes of dear Uncle Joe who was a party to the mess in the first place and then of a failed takeover bid that was undermined with the councils intent to rid itself of SISU. Hoffman allegedly made his offer famously on the back of a cigarette packet which really gave him credibility and then disappeared again.

Everyone needs to realise it is ALL about owning the Ricoh for the football club. SISU may have designs on it for themselves but one way or another the right solution can be found.

Did you slip up there ?
The football club will never own the Ricoh whilst Arvo / Sisu may !!

The Gentleman

What if the right solution is to start building bridges and we come back to an initial rental deal with a view to buying the Higgs share as originally planned. Your post reads like a party political broadcast by Labovitch himself on behalf of Sisu. Because all of what you say should happen would involve Sisu putting their hand in their fucking pocket (unless like Grendel you want it given away for free). You can snide at Michael by accusing his group of being silly or a side show or creating delays but I for one am happy there is someone willing to put their head over the trenches in the name of CCFC rather than faceless people having a pop because they think what they say is the right thing to do. Michael might not get it right all of the time but do any of us? Would you rather we just had Labovitch continually telling us that it is everyone else's fault but Sisu's and the Council and ACL are evil?

Last edited:

Ian1779

Point taken Ian, but I think the only reason the offer was made was to try and force them to just talk.

I'm not criticising directly.... if the media route is the chosen way to go you've got to have all your details to hand when people will inevitably pick at it. This is why I now think a closed door discussion might be more pertinent at this point - especially given the impending JR result.

sky blue john

I'm not criticising directly.... if the media route is the chosen way to go you've got to have all your details to hand when people will inevitably pick at it. This is why I now think a closed door discussion might be more pertinent at this point - especially given the impending JR result.

Why ?
We have been told the JR is just a sideshow ?
Sisu like doing everything in public anyway. You can't get more public than endless court cases !!!

The Gentleman

The more I think about it the more I wish I didn't know about this. If we put the offer to buy aside for one moment, then the rent offer could be a good deal, and could finally engage the parties in some meaningful discussion, even if the original offer is never taken up. The problem is that as soon as it became public it opens itself for scrutiny...that's what we do - so people wanting more information makes sense.

If that information is not forthcoming, we then fall into the category of previous media 'bids' from Dhinsa, Haskell, Hoffman etc and it loses it credibility. You can't exactly blame people for thinking that given what has happened previously.

All we really want is the club back at the Ricoh. Having seen what has been discussed over the last few days - I actually wish that I never knew about it, and that a deal or the offer was done behind closed doors.

If people have the will and desire to get a deal done then it can happen. It might even be a more constructive agreement without the interference of the media.

Well just put it to the back of your mind then. I am sure there are other things in your life you can concentrate on.

Users who are viewing this thread