Keeping the same kit beyond one season. (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hear Brentford are doing this . Sounds like they're putting fans first and doing something environmentally better.
I would be more inclined to buy one if I thought it would be current during the following season.
Any thoughts ?

Skyblueweeman

If the club could make it work financially, I'd be up for a new kit every other season. Or as ajsccfc says, home kit one season, away kit next season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd like it to be alternated so say the home kit is 21/22-22/23 and the away is 22/23-23/24, that way you're getting a new kit every year while keeping your main ones for two seasons. Extravagant third kits optional

I wonder what the sales figures are for away kits compared to home? Would alternating the kits mean we'd sell more of them? Would we sell more overall as people/parents are more willing to pay for one that will be in use for two years?

Still wouldn't cover up the loss in sales of an annual kit, although it would also reduce costs as less design and production costs, so would probably see a bit of a price increase to compensate. Might be able to sell a few more at full price though as they're usually on discount by around March (unless it's a really popular kit).

Greggs

We should be exempt, we did our bit when we wore big bags for a few seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread