KELLY Evans (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Good player and prospect. Two of our best ever right backs Graham Oakey and Danny Thomas an England international, were both very small. Both came through the youth system too, take note Mr Fisher.

shelby76

Smallest guy on the pitch, by far, wins every hchelsea.nd out muscles the attacker nearly every time. Clever player too, doesn't just lump it !

If he was a few foot taller he'd be playing at a higher level
Height has nothing to do with it he will find his level, makes me laugh how tall is kante at chelsea. Best players in the prem are all small good centre of gravity.

Last edited:

better days

This kid will could play Championship or even Premier League eventually
He has good pace too
May well end up in midfield but is certainly already a modern style overlapping full back with a decent cross
Does his contract really expire at the end of the season?

its a buzzard

I don't understand all this focus and attention of his size.

I would say he is quite tall for his height.
Bit like being told you'll have to wait 15 minutes for something and you replying that it won't take me long to wait 15 minutes.

SlowerThanPlatt

This kid will could play Championship or even Premier League eventually
He has good pace too
May well end up in midfield but is certainly already a modern style overlapping full back with a decent cross
Does his contract really expire at the end of the season?

Yes, he only got a one year extension. His brother Devon's contract is also up and Kyle Spence

luwalla

Height has nothing to do with it he will find his level, makes me laugh how tall is kante at chelsea. Best players in the prem are all small good centre of gravity.
kante is a midfielder , DKE is a defender... I agree its not pre-requisite but defenders tend to be bigger was all I was referring to.

shelby76

kante is a midfielder , DKE is a defender... I agree its not pre-requisite but defenders tend to be bigger was all I was referring to.
Fair enough... but he is doing his job in defence so thats the last thing that would have come to mind for me personally.

ajsccfc

Liked it when he managed to win the ball and then take their player on and turn it into an attack.
Was that when he was over on the left? He ended up chasing the ball down back on the right flank and got a good reaction for his efforts after which was heartening.

Nick

Administrator
Was that when he was over on the left? He ended up chasing the ball down back on the right flank and got a good reaction for his efforts after which was heartening.

I think they went to counter attack, he nipped in and took the ball and did a big half circle back round. I think it was on the left as it was by the benches.

ajsccfc

That's it yeah, I was really impressed with his composure as I was expecting him to just lump it clear.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst in the main it was Clarke at fault for the 2nd, Kelly Evans got sucked right into the ball too. I feel there is more to come from him though.

even in the first half he was getting drawn into the middle and their number 3 was bombing on in acres of space :(

trevelfarandwide

I remember Sean Flynn who managed to always win balls in the air for a small chap. Good spring...
Fabio Cannavaro, arguably one of the greatest defenders in history, is a mere 5 foot 9 but often outmuscled and out-jumped many strikers who were taller and bigger.

Like you said, Sean Flynn was amazing in the air, he leapt like a moustached salmon.

trevelfarandwide

Depends, really, fullbacks don't generally have to be tall, and many aren't.

vow

Speedie was also v good in the air too.
I do like DKE for his tenacious nature, bit of quality on the ball and his crossing is pretty good too, he will only get better.
I do hope he is offered and signs a new contract with us!

Gazolba

I don't understand all this focus and attention of his size.

I would say he is quite tall for his height.
And since 90% of football is played on the ground, does it really matter that much?
He actually has a lower centre of gravity, which is an advantage.

Pete in Portugal

I remember meeting George Curtis outside Highfield Road when he was Commercial manager and being staggered to find he was shorter than me (5' 10"). In my memory, he was a giant.

Users who are viewing this thread