Keough - RB or CB?? (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Where do people see him playing?? With the CET report on Clarke today, I personally think AT sees him as a CB with Clarke at RB!!

I prefer him at RB tbh but I trust whatever decision AT makes!

If it is CB I wonder who he sees as his CB partner??

skyblu3sk

Hmmmm at the moment would like to see Turner back in there also hoping it will be a good year for Cameron next year and hopefully crainie will be around still, Clarke and Keough fight it out for right back?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If we could sign a proven / better left back id go for it, but i think there are other areas we need to concentrate on before looking for a left back. People mention Wood playing there but im not sure thats ideal! A left back needs pace and Wood doesnt have this. Also i cant see him over lapping the Left sided Midfielder as much as Hussey would. As its basically between these two, or Crainie, id choose Hussey. A left back needs to be a left back, not a versatile player or natural CB.

Maybe a cheeky bid, even loan offer, for Van Aarnholt? He was pretty attack minded when we had him before??

ccfc1973

its a tough one , i like keogh for his workrate and commitment and he seems to love the club, but if you look past that i think he was very suspect at times playing at RB his forward runs seemed to go nowhere and he was caught in posession alot of times , saying that i thought he looked ok at CB , but if you look at the options at we have a CB with crainie(who can also play at RB) , mcpake,turner,wood and cameron i wouldnt be surprised to see keogh on the bench especially if clarke continues to improve :thinking about:

CovScott88

Right-back IMO, with Cranie, Turner and Hussey completing the back 4. Although this all depends on whether Cranie and Turner are still CCFC players come the start of the season.

Pigeon

Hussey is definitely a talent. I think Keogh at RB, even if he does sometimes get caught in possession at least he makes the run and we have more attempts at attacking the other goal.

SkyBlue_Bear83

RB for me but I think AT prefers him and Cranie as CB as they can bring the ball out of defence and are more comfortable on the ball than the rest of our CB

rob9872

Can play both better than most. Like this season I expect him at RB whilst everyone is fit, but no doubt filling in at CB too when injuries happen and Clarke is a preferred starter over some of the CB options. AT trusts him and that's ok for me.

ccfc2011

Keough RB...

pusbccfc

I think that, Clarke turned from boy to man the last few games, really getting stuck in, going forward he is great, quick and decent at overlaps with baker but then it gets to the point of crossing and he fails, seriously need crossing practice with baker bell and Clarke

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think that, Clarke turned from boy to man the last few games, really getting stuck in, going forward he is great, quick and decent at overlaps with baker but then it gets to the point of crossing and he fails, seriously need crossing practice with baker bell and Clarke

Is there anyone in our squad who can cross?? :D (Apart from Hussey who I think has got a decent cross on him)

Nonleagueherewecome

Hussey is our best crosser by miles. Bell started getting it right towards the end, like pretty much everything he did. Another under-rated player under AT IMO.

Keogh clearly really wants to play at RB, as it allows him to attack more freely, wheras Thorn knows he's played at CB for most of his career. Keogh did bring another attacking dimension to our play from CB, but in several games where he was later moved to RB he promptly provided assists with possibly his best crosses of the season!

It's a tricky one: Clarke is getting better every game, and Thorn clearly wants to get him games. The injuries last season made Thorns decisions easier for him (although he rightly saw sense where Aidy didn't by getting Wood out of the side, Hussey in, and resting a jaded Cameron for Clarke).

My only concern is that Keogh feels a little bit like the sun shines out of Clarkes behind as far as Thorn's concerned. And that's a bit of gossip I heard a week ago, before the CT piece! But equally, he's the kind of guy to knuckle down and play in a position other than that he most cherishes. I still think if it comes down to a choice between Keogh or Clarke at RB, Thorn will see Keogh as the more advanced player at this stage.

What he's doing is building up a guy who, in terms of potential, can go all the way. He was probably telling him this in training last season, and that's why he got better each game. Thorn was cajoling better performances from him. Just like he enthused about Hussey after the Burnley game, calling him a "brilliant footballer". The result was that was exactly what we saw henceforth. That's what I call good man management and motivation. It's been a while...

brinner

I think Keogh looked ok at centre back tho id rather see him at right back as i think the best pairing we currently have is Cranie and Turner by a mile and Keogh is a better right back than Clarke.

also Keogh has a tendancy to make the odd mistake during a game and they prove more costly from centre halves than full backs, remember Burnley scoring from 1 error and the same happend in another game shortly after, cant remeber who against.

Users who are viewing this thread