Key Supporters information Wembley (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Im not sure if this has been posted. But Wembley have released an updated info sheet with all the key information for supports attending the checkatrade. There has been a flag size change.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/~/media/pdf/Spectator Information for Visiting Wembley Stadium - Checkatrade Trophy Final 2017.ashx

Please note the size of flags that need to be approved have changed since the first drat from 250cm to 100cm. This means if you have purchased a CCFC wembley flag from the club shop it needs to be approved by Wembley....

There is a Coventry City Fan Zone at the events pad.

A few other things that stand out.

Doors open at 12:30 or 11:30 for hospitality
Visitors advised not to bring food or drink from the outside
Can only buy 4 pints at a time pre person

Turnstiles

Level 1 - H,J,M,N
Level 2 - Club Wembley West
Level 5 - K,L,P,A

Now more importantly if you need a drink on the way. The designated pubs for us are

The Green man, Moore Spice (1966), The Arch, Station 31, Blue Room, Masti, JJ Moons, Thirsty Eddies, Flannery's Bar, The Corner House, The Liquor Station, The Cooper Jug, The Fusilier

C76WE2CW4AAH7V4.jpg:large

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Note that they only advise you don't bring in food and drink whereas alcohol is not permitted, so they won't stop you from bringing in a bottle of water, pop or pretty much anything you'd expect within reason. They're just trying to get people to spend £20 on a hot dog and small Coke.

Speedies_Chips

I'm planning just to hang around outside the stadium for a while with a ;load of tinnies rather than be in a rammed pub.
Does anyone know whether drinking is allowed outside the stadium. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an alcohol-free zone as bottles could be perceived as potential weapons.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

I'm planning just to hang around outside the stadium for a while with a ;load of tinnies rather than be in a rammed pub.
Does anyone know whether drinking is allowed outside the stadium. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an alcohol-free zone as bottles could be perceived as potential weapons.

Don't see why not they all do it for the NFL games buy a create from the Sainsbury's just outside the stadium and drink them in the area by there usually. Those worried about food there is a brilliant subway sandwich shop in the shopping centre by the Hilton next to Wembley as well as the mentioned Sainsbury's it doesn't have to be expensive if you know where to look pre game

Astute

Note that they only advise you don't bring in food and drink whereas alcohol is not permitted, so they won't stop you from bringing in a bottle of water, pop or pretty much anything you'd expect within reason. They're just trying to get people to spend £20 on a hot dog and small Coke.
They won't be able to stop me from taking alcohol in. My stomach will be full of it.

Steve.B50

Anyone know why the flag size has been changed?
On the official Wembley site it did say 250cm now changed to 100cm.
Who made this decision and why?

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Off licence + Fanzone when you are close to the ground. The East & West main allocated pubs sell vastly overpriced cans.... so take your own!

CJ_covblaze

Visitors advised not to bring food and drink from the outside. I wonder why that is ah so they can fleece you inside at their ridiculous prices.

Of course it is. They might say it's for security but yesterday they were just getting everyone to pour the contents of bottles into clear pint pots on arrival with no restrictions on food. Should be noted that the clowns on the gates were so interested in the Mrs' tiny handbag they didn't spot me walking in with my bulging drawstring one with my flag in it!

It says something about sold out games. Could be they weren't expecting to sell so many tickets so thought there'd be loads of room for people to put large flags over seats.

It's never been a problem in the past to take 10 or 12ft flags in, even for sell out games. Some take larger ones than that in (could never get my old one in though). Thats both for the internationals and club games I've been to there. Don't see what's so special for this one

Steve.B50

Wembley saying the flag size change is not there decision.
So CCFC sold me a flag that I cannot now get into the Stadium on Sunday.
Even if you contact they say they doubt I will be able to get entry with anything over 1m even if told otherwise so don't bring it.
Asked who made this decision and told it was not Wembley

CJ_covblaze

Spoke to the FA earlier about an issue from yesterday so brought up this issue then. I was told to submit a permission request (which I'd already done) but it's unlikely any flags over 1m will be allowed in even if you request for them to be.

Terry Gibson's perm

Tommystours

FLAG size change.
Surely this information is incorrect.
It is still showing 250 cms on the Wembley website.
I will be well pxxxxed off if I can't get in with my new one based on 250 cms. Paid a nice price.The ones being sold around town are slightly bigger than 100cms I have been told.

Tommystours

Spoke to the FA earlier about an issue from yesterday so brought up this issue then. I was told to submit a permission request (which I'd already done) but it's unlikely any flags over 1m will be allowed in even if you request for them to be.

So what do reckon then CJ , I've just bought a new one so not much friggin chance of getting it in then.Do I claim my refund from CCFC or Football league.

CJ_covblaze

So what do reckon then CJ , I've just bought a new one so not much friggin chance of getting it in then.Do I claim my refund from CCFC or Football league.

Take it any way. See post below.

Of course it is. They might say it's for security but yesterday they were just getting everyone to pour the contents of bottles into clear pint pots on arrival with no restrictions on food. Should be noted that the clowns on the gates were so interested in the Mrs' tiny handbag they didn't spot me walking in with my bulging drawstring one with my flag in it!

If they do stop you taking it in I'm sure they'll be some kind hearted City fan nearby with access to a coach, car or hotel room that'll store it for you.

With regards to who has made this decision I do not think this one was the FA's. It's either one club, both clubs or the Football League that have made it. It might even be all 3. Now we know the FL don't want any bad press with the B team fiasco. We also know that our club voted for the changes to the competition so they're to blame for the crap attendances and protests too. Maybe Oxford were one of the others that did?

CJ_covblaze

Flags

mzvE3.gif

Fuck me. Who cares.

I'm going to try to take mine in and if I can't, I'll say fair cop and store it elsewhere. There are some people though that have paid good money for flags just for this game. There's even some that have paid considerably more to have a bespoke design. They did that in good faith based on the guidelines given. It's not their fault they've changed.

There's also the principle. 77,000 fans attending a televised competitive (I use that term loosely!) football match at Wembley on a Sunday afternoon can take fairly large flags and banners in with them. For 70-80,000 fans attending another televised competitive football match at Wembley on a Sunday that takes place just 7 days later the rules are completely different. Surely you can see why some are pissed off?

Users who are viewing this thread