Kieran Richardson (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

For people like the Yak, Richardson and possibly a Ling shot a Cole.
Do you think the chance to sign a short term contract get themselves fit and playing then show casing themselves at Wembley in order to get a better club next year is the attraction.
Do you think if we had gone fir them at the start of January we would not have got them?

Captain Dart

Well to avoid relegation it is necessary to throw some dosh at it.
Think it will be too little too late, but might make the run in more entertaining & football is an entertainment business innit!

mrtrench

I worked with Keiran's Dad in the late 80s. Lovely bloke; he'd had trials with Chelsea himself as a lad and still had it on a 5-a-side pitch. Kieran was still at junior school at that time but his Dad was adamant that he would be a professional footballer. Chuffed to bits that he made it.

Skybluefaz

These ex prem stars need to be treated like this. Basically you're here because nobody else wants you. Great film if you've not seen it. Shows how you can be successful on a budget.

rupert_bear

You have to ask what is Fisher/sisu playing at ! Both Yakubu and Richardson were available in January why wait until nearly the end of Feb to bring in these players. We sign two or three early then a couple of loans, one gone back injured and another loan the last day of the transfer window who hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet. Fisher said on radio judge him at the end of January, I have but has Sepalla !

stupot07

You have to ask what is Fisher/sisu playing at ! Both Yakubu and Richardson were available in January why wait until nearly the end of Feb to bring in these players. We sign two or three early then a couple of loans, one gone back injured and another loan the last day of the transfer window who hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet. Fisher said on radio judge him at the end of January, I have but has Sepalla !
Is fisher head of player recruitment? We all think hes a grade A c*** but as far as I'm aware he has nothing to do with player recruitment. We knew there was budget left for Jan, we know that sending the loans back created more budget space, surely then its up to Slade and Venus to identify targets and if budget allows bring them in. In fact there was space in the budget when mowvray was here and looking a trialists like the former Leeds striker. Richardson and Yakubu have been available since July, why didn't Venus bring them in sooner before even Slade arrived?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

I don't buy the "money in the kitty" line.

If that was the case we would have signed Yakubu and other free agents in January instead of pissing about picking up an injured Foliviiviivllliiii on loan.

wingy

Is fisher head of player recruitment? We all think hes a grade A c*** but as far as I'm aware he has nothing to do with player recruitment. We knew there was budget left for Jan, we know that sending the loans back created more budget space, surely then its up to Slade and Venus to identify targets and if budget allows bring them in. In fact there was space in the budget when mowvray was here and looking a trialists like the former Leeds striker. Richardson and Yakubu have been available since July, why didn't Venus bring them in sooner before even Slade arrived?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think the evidence says not and he does influence signings as he distributes / times the budget IMO.
My bet is both these players potentially will/were signed due to the extra income derived from the Mickey mouse cup.

hamil99

Facebook User
Didn't teddy sherringham drop dwn to league 2 to carry on playing. Hopefully the yak and kieran (if he signs) will to. Need some old heads in that league next year.

hamil99

Facebook User
I'm fucked off with old heads

I fully get what you mean. I just don't know what's going to help anymore. I hope if we find a couple of old guys the kids look up too, who actually give a fuck and try their best, maybe just maybe we could have a chance of doing something.

Brylowes

Nothing this club does makes any sense, at times they've been in positions where 1 or 2
Shrewd signings could alter the short, mid or even long term future of the club, and..........
But now, what seriously is the Fucking point, I just don't get it, Yakubu, Richardson and
Cole (if true) what is the point, we are going down, what difference can these players
Possibly make.

hamil99

Facebook User
Nothing this club does makes any sense, at times they've been in positions where 1 or 2
Shrewd signings could alter the short, mid or even long term future of the club, and..........
But now, what seriously is the Fucking point, I just don't get it, Yakubu, Richardson and
Cole (if true) what is the point, we are going down, what difference can these players
Possibly make.
Seems rotten to the core at the moment, I can not even guess at sisu's game plan. I just want the club to give us some hope of better times, but under their leadership I dont see it coming.

Astute

And nothing to do with players waiting before signing hoping that they get a better offer.

I know that it is nearly all doom and gloom in here. But I really fancy our chances of staying up. We just need a little luck. Lately we have been playing better than before. We have lost points in the last seconds of games. And now we have Yakubu and Beavon to help get the goals.

I am suddenly full of confidence on staying up. Have been taking us @ 11/2 to stay up. A couple of wins will make it look so different. Time to do a Shrewsbury.

Astute

Possibly make.
Either it shows that SISU want us to stay up or Slade has all the decisions. Not only have we brought in players but we kept those who had bids made for.

Or it could mean that someone is interested in our club. But only if we are not in Division 4 next season.

Otis

And nothing to do with players waiting before signing hoping that they get a better offer.

I know that it is nearly all doom and gloom in here. But I really fancy our chances of staying up. We just need a little luck. Lately we have been playing better than before. We have lost points in the last seconds of games. And now we have Yakubu and Beavon to help get the goals.

I am suddenly full of confidence on staying up. Have been taking us @ 11/2 to stay up. A couple of wins will make it look so different. Time to do a Shrewsbury.
The problem for me is, even if we were to win 4 games on the bounce, which would be a great achievement, we still need a number of teams above us to fail too.

4 games in a row that we would need to win and still teams above us would more than likely be a number of points clear.

We need 4 teams now do much worse than us and have that combined with us carrying out a fantastic run.

I believe it is now 11 points behind Port Vale and they even have a game in hand over us.

Something drastic and also quite amazing now has to happen for us to extricate us from this mess.

no_loyalty

The problem for me is, even if we were to win 4 games on the bounce, which would be a great achievement, we still need a number of teams above us to fail too.

4 games in a row that we would need to win and still teams above us would more than likely be a number of points clear.

We need 4 teams now do much worse than us and have that combined with us carrying out a fantastic run.

I believe it is now 11 points behind Port Vale and they even have a game in hand over us.

Something drastic and also quite amazing now has to happen for us to extricate us from this mess.

Our next 4 games are against teams in the bottom 10, so if we did win the next 4 games some of the deficit would be clawed back

Otis

Our next 4 games are against teams in the bottom 10, so if we did win the next 4 games some of the deficit would be clawed back
Yep, accept that.

Our record against the bottom teams though has been very poor.

Northampton on a terrible run beat us easily. Chesterfield no wins in something like 13 matches, beat us. Oldham hardly scored all season put 3 past us.

To go on a winning run now we are going to have to be able to score regularly. The average at the moment is less than a goal a game.

robbiekeane

Ill give you 15/2*

*max bet £5

smileycov

Facebook User
Yep, accept that.

Our record against the bottom teams though has been very poor.

Northampton on a terrible run beat us easily. Chesterfield no wins in something like 13 matches, beat us. Oldham hardly scored all season put 3 past us.

To go on a winning run now we are going to have to be able to score regularly. The average at the moment is less than a goal a game.

The Yak and Beavon

Users who are viewing this thread