King or Westwood ? (1 Viewer)

RansonRarrr

If we were SISU and could only keep one?

Which player would you keep? Gotta be Marlon King for me - his workrate is 110%

:D

Coventry La La La

Marlon King....

Has a class touch, works 110% for the team, & He's a great finisher

If he signs a new contract & gets a pre-season under his belt and manages to stay out of trouble he could easily be are 20 goal a season stricker.

Last edited:

rob9872

I love Westy and he is worth a good few points every season but goals and quality strikers are hard to come by so it has to be Marlon. I think we could get a choice of about ten keeprs who are 90% of Westy but it would cost a small fortune for a 90% Marlon

Nonleagueherewecome

Westwood. Player of the year at least twice in 3 years, not just good for 6 mths. No red cards in that time, either!
He's younger and will get better and therefore more valuable, wheras King is the wrong side of 30.

ccfc luke

Maron for definate yes, but i believe he will leave us for a more succesful team in the summer. If an offer comees in that is - hopefully not

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Was one of those that was dead against MK coming to the club, still dont have a high opinion of him to be honest. However there is no doubt that the quality of his play is head and shoulders above the rest in the team. He works hard for the cause and has scored a few goals. He brings some excitement for the CCFC fans.

Westwood is a good keeper and would love to keep him too but I think if you had a consistently decent team in front of the keeper then he is more replaceable than MK. He has had to play well this past three years and yes earnt points but fans go to matches to be excited, to see goals, and would be more than happy to see the keeper do not a lot.

My choice, despite my reservations, would have to be MK

Marty

Has to be Marlon for me to, we could go out tomorrow and pick up a fairly decent keeper for hardly anything, to replace King will cost a hell of a lot more and even then they would be well below his quality.

Pigeon

Got to be King, his work rate and touch is outstanding. I love watching him play. Also I think there is more of a chance of keeping King than Westie.

ashbyjan

No chance of keeping either one of them unfortunately as the SISU fire sale is well under way and we are looking to reduce the wage bill but if I had the power to decide I would keep Marlon. Westy is a class keeper but is replaceable as there are other decent keepers around. King is quality and would only get better and there are few players with his ability at this level. Unfortunately I think in these bleak and austere times we will have Westy replaced by Ireland and Quirke and Marlon replaced by Platt and O'Donovan. Expect Juke and Eastwood to be off loaded as soon as anyone offers a couple of pence for them as I am sure they are on decent wages. Hope we have a good end to the season as next season is going to be very dark unless something major changes and changes soon.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ashbyjan, cheer up!!! Crickey, I thought I was a negative fan, but you have just topped my negativity in that one post :)

I've got to agree with oldskyblue. Your first paragraph re king is my thoughts exactly. I too didn't rate him, up until recently when thorns style of play has given him a new lease of life in a city shirt, which kind of suprises me as I thought if anyone would bring Tue best out of him, it would have been ab. I too believe Westwood is the easier of the 2 to replace when reflecting on talented keepers out there.

kg82

You're right John, let's not debate anything, that's not what this site is for!!!

Most people are right, Westwood would be easier to replace but I'll be way more gutted to see him go than King.

Covstu

Westy is my favourute player however a quality striker is harder to come by so i would have to opt for king.

Jimthor

I echo the sentiments of most people here. Westy is a class class player and has won us a lot of points, but a good keeper is a lot easier to get hold of than a good goalscorer. We've spoken for what feels like forever about finding our "20 goal a season" striker, and i really think that with a full pre-season under his belt then a full season in the team, Marlon can be that man. He's a class above and we should be doing whatever we can to keep hold of him.
I also think with a more attacking and passing-oriented brand of football Marlon will excel. He has a first touch second to none and will put our other player through on goal time and time again with his little flicks. And let's not forget that if you get the ball to his feet in view of the goal, he's pretty good at putting it in the net!

oakey

A good striker is always worth 5+ times more than a good keeper.
FWIW have always thought Westwood is a tad overrated by our fans...good but not great, sorry westie fans!
MK is a top striker but I'm still uncomfortable about his lack of remorse...it wouldn't have hurt him to say a few words of regret after all this time.
However, if he leaves I will have mixed feelings. Just my thoughts. Don't wish to fall out with anyone.

sky blue john

You're right John, let's not debate anything, that's not what this site is for!!!

Most people are right, Westwood would be easier to replace but I'll be way more gutted to see him go than King.

Sorry KG I just find it hard to take these type of posts seriously when CCFC might not exist after the next 7 games. A lot of you seem to have your heads in the clouds.

kg82

Don't be so daft Marvin! This club will be here next season and the season after etc etc. SISU might not but we will.

Macca

I agree with a couple of the other posts though they got shouted down. If I had to choose one that wanted to stay and we could afford it would probably be King however realistically it is staggeringly arrogant to presume the club can make the call anyway.

Westwood needs to get a decent move now, its a fickle world and one bad season could make him a nobody again. Needs to move while he is hot property.

Marlon? Wrong side of 30 but still has talent and fitness, what would you do?? Stay bottom end Championship or look to lower end Premiership with the wages that go with it?

Cov City Daytrader 87

If we were SISU and could only keep one?

Which player would you keep? Gotta be Marlon King for me - his workrate is 110%

:D

If I was Sisu, I and the board members need to get our act together.

To your question I'll say Marlon just, as we could do with more goals. Unless some miracle happens like Shaun Jeffers starts in the first team and bangs in goals.

Users who are viewing this thread