King (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Wouldn't surprise me. Warnock loves a striker and probably the only premier league team where he would be a regular. Who told you this? Derren Brown?

Nonleagueherewecome

Come on people, it's yet another "first post, no evidence, one line" job! We're entering Wumville, and that is a bad place. It's like me going on a Villa forum and saying "Young to Spurs, done deal, trust me" or a Leicester one and stating "Inside source, The Yak will return to Everton in the summer, no quantity of money will ever convince him to stay". Anyone can play this game, it just isn't very clever.

Coventry La La La

Come on people, it's yet another "first post, no evidence, one line" job! We're entering Wumville, and that is a bad place. It's like me going on a Villa forum and saying "Young to Spurs, done deal, trust me" or a Leicester one and stating "Inside source, The Yak will return to Everton in the summer, no quantity of money will ever convince him to stay". Anyone can play this game, it just isn't very clever.

I wouldn't label "Knowledge" a "WUM" after reading his previous posts he seems to be a genuine Coventry fan.

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe he is, but a little more than one line is needed or it just winds people (like me) up. It sounds like reading out bits from The Sunday Mirror gossip page.

skyblu3sk

Maybe he is, but a little more than one line is needed or it just winds people (like me) up. It sounds like reading out bits from The Sunday Mirror gossip page.

Think you need to chill out a bit other wise it's going to be a very long summer for you ;) This rumor is doing the rounds on all the forums at the moment.

Nonleagueherewecome

OK so why not post a link to the source? To me it just looked like plucking things out of the ether.

Steddy Eddy

If Marlon does go i will wish him all the best. He is a top player and if he ever returns to the Ricoh i will give him a cheer. Always gave 100% and will be missed if he is on his way.

But i think he will go to the premier leauge, the guy is good enough. So best wishes Marlon if you are on your way.

Pigeon

I'm sure until our long wait is over on thursday were going to hear loads more rumors about King, he's a talented player that would be great for teams similar to QPR ect.

mattylad

Wouldn't begrudge him going to QPR would be a good fit....well except for the fact he supports Millwall and they hate each other lol

bamalamafizzfazz

Why do people not look at people when they are talking? It sounds like every piece of information starts with 'I heard' not I had a converstaion with so and so and they told me this. I can see it is being spread around GMK and the like but it always seems to start the same way.

Well this is mine,
'I heard' Marlon is staying as all other clubs could not match what City could offer and he wants to end his career with us.'I heard; that there is no bigger clubs around than Coventry at the moment.

Wish I could reveal my sources but I wasn't looking when the person was talking :p
Anyone heard similar??

Tankie

Speculation is what makes the world go round, and particulary Forums like this one, I imagine that if Marlon was going to stay he would have autographed his contract by now, and QPR could well be in the running for his services, and might well be in a position to offer him a three year deal, that would outshine anything that we could offer.

I think we should brace ourselves, for"Life without Marlon" next season, call it rumour, speculation, or conjecture, but the outside forces, are greater than the in house ones, and its unlikely, that Marlon will be here next year.

Tankie

sw88

Chief Commentator!
not many people have mentioned the impact the King has had on Juke....

ive mentioned on previous posts that hes brought the best out of him. I rated Juke before his end of season performances, but think that with kings guidance over a whole season, he'll make a brilliant Striker for us. The two would be a force to be reckoned with next season (if King stays). Doesnt look likely tho im afraid. Especially reading this......

http://m.skysports.com/football/yourclub/416?teamid=571

mattylad

I always worry bcos I remember raving about what a striker cedric rousell was going to be, then we sold Keane and he was never the same.
He could play when he wasn't the main man leading the line but couldn't reach the same heights when he was.

smileycov

Facebook User
Are you sure he's not going to Ipswich?

obviously, i do not know his thinking...but why would he do that?
I can fully understand and appreciate him going to a geniune playoff/promotion contender or a Prem side, but Ipshit!!

would not make any sense as lalala said, not a forward move at all!!

Rich

obviously, i do not know his thinking...but why would he do that?
I can fully understand and appreciate him going to a geniune playoff/promotion contender or a Prem side, but Ipshit!!

would not make any sense as lalala said, not a forward move at all!!

Cash would be a big incentive given the stage of his career?

smileycov

Facebook User
Cash would be a big incentive given the stage of his career?

So you are saying Ipshit would offer more cash than most other clubs being linked to him? i.e. Fester and Qphaha?

I wouldn't blame him for moving for money, but IMO i think the upheaval and re-igniting of abuse (possibly) would mean he will stay with us until the big move came, unless a contender came in now!! Ipshit are not classed as geniune promotion/playoff contenders are they?

Macca

maybe potentially more so than us, depends more on off the field stuff these days. Marlon King will do whats right for Marlon King not CCFC and I wouldn't expect anything different

Rich

Lets say (I don't know the facts) we offer him £20k. Ipswich offer £35k. (I don't know where he lives but) he doesn't have to relocate to play for Ipswich. At 31 years old having spent time inside not earning cash he would want to maximise his earnings now before retiring and running his own S+M club. He has to move for money football is a short career.

Sky Blue Luke

Would be a good signing for them, although we don't know where he's going, we know he won't be here next season.

Macca

couldn't agree more.

Look at it from his perspective. He has been a professional footballer in a golden era when you can win the lottery by playing football for one season. He's wasted a lot of time through his previous behaviour but looks to have turned a corner. He has to milk whats left for every penny else he will spend the rest of his life wondering "what if"

He knows we will find another hero, we always do.

Rich

He knows we will find another hero, we always do.

He knows we already have one The Grand old Juke of Coventry

The Grand old Juke of cov
he had 10,000 fans
He marched them to the top of the prem
and he marched them................

And when they were up they were up
And when they were down they didnt have the Juke.

Users who are viewing this thread