Klopp leaving (1 Viewer)

HadjiChippo

Xabi Alonso I reckon - Liverpool legend and could well win the Bundesliga with Leverkusen
Yeah that’s bang on actually, can’t see anyone else getting it.

Just seen Pep Lijnders is leaving too who people always spoke about as Klopp successor, so I’d imagine Liverpool board have already told him he’s not in contention.

Frostie

Screenshot_20240126-122145.png

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Paul Anthony

Big fucking asterisk next to their premier league title......

Liverpool? How so?

They played the full 38 games and won it by some distance, having been top all the way along. They actually lost more games after they resumed than they did before.

Don't see how you can put an asterisk next to that. If anything, they'd have won it even sooner without covid.

Paul Anthony

I would have sniggered quite a lot if they'd voided that season - they were utterly dominant, were set to cruise to the title and only needed a point or two more when Covid hit didn't they?

Exactly. From about late September/ October time the question wasn't are they going to win the league, it was can they do it and go unbeaten, that's how in control they were.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Liverpool? How so?

They played the full 38 games and won it by some distance, having been top all the way along. They actually lost more games after they resumed than they did before.

Don't see how you can put an asterisk next to that. If anything, they'd have won it even sooner without covid.
Yea they were smashing the league

Ha. You're both spot on and I'm an idiot.

Until this thread, I had re-written history in my head..... totally forgot the PL actually resumed and was played to finish.

Wow. Shocked myself with the size of that memory hole.....

alexccfc99

I would have sniggered quite a lot if they'd voided that season - they were utterly dominant, were set to cruise to the title and only needed a point or two more when Covid hit didn't they?
Yes it would be hilarious to still be stuck in League One to this day just so the scousers couldn't win the league tbf

Users who are viewing this thread