Kwame Thomas (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

According to Laura Hunter is back in training now, at least it's another option for us.

Gazolba

Half African, half Welsh?

westofrayne

this is the guy that came on as a sub, walked around for 5 min, tripped over a blade of grass, went off injured and that's the last we heard of him.

should be OK for us in 2 years went we are in the National league

no_loyalty

Is this the striker who has so far failed to score a single goal in professional football?

oucho

Was going to ask the same question - back in November he was meant to be out "for another 4-6 weeks" so unless he has had another niggle then he should be ready. We are so thin in terms of striking options at the moment it can't do any harm to have him fit, but as others have posted it's likely he won't make much a difference. He deserves a go - we haven't got anything to lose by giving him a chance.

SlowerThanPlatt

Looks like Kwame's Cov career is over and MR will try and shift him out in January? Wasn't even in the squad for the Walsall Checkatrade game. Not played a single minute for us this season and instead has been playing regularly with the 23s

Nick

Administrator
I know it sounds harsh, but where would he go from here? Can only thing down to the Conference.

ccfcway

Has MR said anything in the last 24 hours ?,

people were asking for him to be in the team last week

Last edited:

oucho

It's a long season, he may well come into the picture as things develop.

wingy

Don't forget Duke is only on loan and due to return to Wolves in January unless it's extended
So here lies a question, not necessarily just around him.
But come January will we shuffle the pack?
Where and how do we expect this to be achieved, Is it really necessary?

better days

Far too early to say
It will depend on where we are in the division and whether we have injuries to important players
So far only Andreu has had a long term problem
Robins seems to be cleverly integrating the young prospects into what is mainly a vastly experienced side
Mid December will be the time to assess things I suspect

wingy

Far too early to say
It will depend on where we are in the division and whether we have injuries to important players
So far only Andreu has had a long term problem
Robins seems to be cleverly integrating the young prospects into what is mainly a vastly experienced side
Mid December will be the time to assess things I suspect
Interesting re the youngsters as it was alluded to in CWR coverage yesterday, with the perception that he's a bit averse to it, which Clive rebutted.
I'd say they are being employed in correct manner and seem to step up well.
Think we should always strive to achieve this but no more than a couple on the pitch at a time.

Londonccfcfan

Abundance of riches at the moment, Beavon is ahead of Thomas at the moment, and yet he couldn't get on the bench.

Thomas and Beavon will get game time in the checkatrade trophy no doubt.

dongonzalos

Unless Ponti is ready then we need a goalscorer in January.
Mcnulty’s goal was very welcome but unfortunately it’s very rare. I would love to think it will kick start him but I can’t see that.
If Ponti proves he is ready then that maybe the answer if not we need a goal scorer.
The Duck will score goals but not enough we need another threat. Fingers crossed Ponti can do it.
I would allow Thomas to move on if he can. I would keep McNulty to play behind a striker. Unless we have to free up his wages to get another player.
Ideally for me it would be Duck, Ponti, McNulty, Biamou and a new signing.
Use Beavon and Thomas’ wages if they can find new clubs.
Very unlikely but if someone came in with cash offers for Willlis and Stevenson I would take the money if we could get another flair player to take the pressure off Jones and a decent striker.

skyblue025

No way would I even think of selling Willis unless a stupid offer was made (mil+) he has formed an excellent partnership with Hot Rod and we would be massively weakening the side of we sold him.

Otis

No way would I even think of selling Willis unless a stupid offer was made (mil+) he has formed an excellent partnership with Hot Rod and we would be massively weakening the side of we sold him.
Davies has looked good too though and then you also have Grimmer and Stokes who can both do a job at CB. Now at left back we are overloaded there anyway with Stokes, Haynes, Shipley and Camwell.

Users who are viewing this thread