Kwame to Sutton (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

How many goals have our central defenders scored from set pieces?

How many goals have midfielders scored from free kicks?

Fans cry out for a big man up front, yet Denis Law and David Speedie both around 5' 9" scored most their goals with their heads. As well as leading the attacking line.

One of the reasons England aren't really successful at the top Internationally is because the fans are stuck in a 4-4-2 time warp.

Perhaps Beavon brings a lot to the dressing room and on the pitch. He has more experience of promotion and what it takes than anybody in our squad.

The team is still gelling and developing. Most fans would change it from week to week based on a players last 5 minutes and a computer game data base.
I agree with the majority of your point but you're wrong on 4-4-2. A lot of continental teams now play the system, it's the 2nd most popular formation for champions league finalists (after4-3-3) for the last few years. Our problem is that we're so far behind we've only just moved away from it now it's back in. We'll probably work it out and get back to 4-4-2 when the Spanish have moved to a false 4 or something mental.

eastwoodsdustman

I agree with the majority of your point but you're wrong on 4-4-2. A lot of continental teams now play the system, it's the 2nd most popular formation for champions league finalists (after4-3-3) for the last few years. Our problem is that we're so far behind we've only just moved away from it now it's back in. We'll probably work it out and get back to 4-4-2 when the Spanish have moved to a false 4 or something mental.

The main problem with English football is that English players don't get enough game time. We are the best in the world at virtually all age groups up to and including U21's and then it goes pop in a big way. Not sure where I read about game time for homegrown players(probably on here somewhere) but we are miles behind other countries when it came to playing our own players domestically in the top flight. Whilst all of the money is spunked into the premier league and clubs like Chelsea are allowed to ruin 20/30 young players careers at a time nothing will change. The systems aren't the problem the players in the systems are.
The City have their own problems which is down to the level we are at and the standard of players we can attract. Hopefully we're on the up and over time the standard of player will improve.

fernandopartridge

It isn't the system we play, we don't have players that have the all round game to adapt to different ways of playing. The PL and England side have adopted a possession based game, but ignore that it takes one or two great passers to make it work, not Jordan Henderson or Eric Dier plodding around midfield. English teams were doing excellently in Europe playing the high tempo game we've always played, since we've adopted to trendy methods from elsewhere it's all gone wrong. Square pegs and round holes.

JWC

It isn't the system we play, we don't have players that have the all round game to adapt to different ways of playing. The PL and England side have adopted a possession based game, but ignore that it takes one or two great passers to make it work, not Jordan Henderson or Eric Dier plodding around midfield. English teams were doing excellently in Europe playing the high tempo game we've always played, since we've adopted to trendy methods from elsewhere it's all gone wrong. Square pegs and round holes.

It's hard to think of Jordan Henderson as a plodder. I'm not saying he isn't, I've not seen him play very much at all of late, but when he was with us he was anything but. He was really exciting to watch.

Hobo

I bet it is not a rigid 4-4-2....I suspect it will be a bit more fluid?

Nonleagueherewecome

The main problem with English football is that English players don't get enough game time. We are the best in the world at virtually all age groups up to and including U21's and then it goes pop in a big way. Not sure where I read about game time for homegrown players(probably on here somewhere) but we are miles behind other countries when it came to playing our own players domestically in the top flight. Whilst all of the money is spunked into the premier league and clubs like Chelsea are allowed to ruin 20/30 young players careers at a time nothing will change. The systems aren't the problem the players in the systems are.
The City have their own problems which is down to the level we are at and the standard of players we can attract. Hopefully we're on the up and over time the standard of player will improve.

Yes I heard them discussing the U21 top division playing time % here compared to the other major European nations on Radio 5 the other day, fairly stark. All that stockpiling of young talent that then gets loaned out is damaging players development. Stats and some lovely graphs and pie charts here: How England U21s' Premier League minutes compare to Spain, Germany & Italy

Captain Dart

and when they are first team fixtures the top players get too much game time.

stevefloyd

May as well stick Kwame in at least he can score the occasional goal even if hes dog shit for the rest of the match

Bristol sky blue

Good news - frees up at least part of a wage for a striker Robins actually wants.
Good luck to Kwame though, feel sorry for him (after back luck with injuries) and want him to bounce back and succeed elsewhere.

SlowerThanPlatt

I thought he’d have a part to play this season but Robins obviously doesn’t rate him. I’m assuming his contract runs out at the end of this season?

steve82

It does

he has only scored one goal for Solihull in 8 games.

It's not a great stat but then there not a great side either and in the relegation spots so it's not a overall marker of what he's producing on the pitch.

Granted we all want to see him scoring weekly or getting a good return but it's not like he's in a side with chances being played in every other attack.

If we sent Ponticelli out on loan to Solihull or Tamworth who want him a league lower and he had the same return would we still have the same judgement? I think Kwame Thomas career has been stalled too much because of his injury record which looks to be better.

higgs

Loan extended to middle of February looks like he will not be released now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Would guess nobody else would have taken him, you would think they would just loan him until the end of the season.

higgs

Would guess nobody else would have taken him, you would think they would just loan him until the end of the season.
Exactly can't see him come back in Feb and fire us to promotion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

This stock piling of players is a farce but let’s look at it from a players point of view they are paid footballers and probably on a lot more money than a lot of players in divisions one and two. And if they break into the first team squad their contracts would multiply. All these players will believe they will be good enough to do that

ccfcway

If we sent Ponticelli out on loan to Solihull or Tamworth who want him a league lower and he had the same return would we still have the same judgement?.

Thomas career record is 4 goals in 53 apperances
Jordans is 3 goals in 12 games

I know who I would back

steve82

Thomas career record is 4 goals in 53 apperances
Jordans is 3 goals in 12 games

I know who I would back

I'm not disputing the prospects of Ponticelli who will be a good player, my point was if Ponticelli went out on loan and didn't bang the goals in would we all write him off or see it as they are learning and developing there games

Users who are viewing this thread