Kylie Minogue racks up fourth No.1 album (1 Viewer)

dutchman

music_kylie_04.jpg

Kylie Minogue has gone straight to the top of the UK album chart with Aphrodite, 22 years to the week that her debut album managed the same feat.

The ‘All The Lovers’ singer knocked previous number one Recovery by Eminem into second place with her eleventh studio album, which is her fourth to reach the top of the chart and her tenth to enter the top 10.

Minogue said upon hearing the news: "I've been completely overwhelmed by the reaction to Aphrodite, and to hear that the album has gone to number one is the most amazing news. I am ecstatic!

"My hopes for this album were that people would be moved, that the songs could bring about emotion. The euphoric heart of this album has taken flight and the response has been nothing short of incredible."

She added: "My thanks as always to the many talented and dedicated people with whom I work and the fans who have been so supportive all these years."

Elsewhere, Plan B’s The Defamation Of Strickland Banks continues to climb in its thirteenth week on the chart, rising one place from four to three.

Enrique Iglesias scored the only other new entry in the chart with his part-Spanish effort Euphoria, which debuts at six to become his fourth top 10 album.

Despite being on the chart for 94 weeks, Only By The Night by Kings of Leon hovers just outside the top 10, jumping 20 places to 11. Another big mover is Jason Derulo’s self-titled album, which returns to the top 20 after rising eight places from 25 to 17. Meanwhile, Feeder’s new album Renegades lands at 16.

The top ten albums in full:
1. (-) Kylie Minogue: ‘Aphrodite’
2. (1) Eminem: ‘Recovery’
3. (4) Plan B: ‘The Defamation Of Strickland Banks’
4. (2) Scissor Sisters: ‘Night Work’
5. (3) Alicia Keys: ‘The Element Of Freedom’
6. (-) Enrique Iglesias: ‘Euphoria’
7. (7) Lady GaGa: ‘The Fame Monster’
8. (5) Oasis: ‘Time Flies... 1994-2009’
9. (8) Mumford & Sons: ‘Sigh No More’
10. (9) Example: ‘Won’t Go Quietly’

Users who are viewing this thread