L1 Squad 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Assuming that SISU are unsuccessful in their appeal against the 10 point deduction and we are therefore consigned to another L1 season...

Assuming too that we don't need to do a Dunfermline and sell everyone bar the kids.

Can someone list the players that are under contract for us already to start the next campaign please...

ccfcway

McSheffrey, wooh oh oh, McSheffrey, woh oh oh...
He comes from Coventry, he's going on a free

stupot07

Assuming that SISU are unsuccessful in their appeal against the 10 point deduction and we are therefore consigned to another L1 season...

Assuming too that we don't need to do a Dunfermline and sell everyone bar the kids.

Can someone list the players that are under contract for us already to start the next campaign please...

I don't think it's safe for us to assume that, this is going to take la while to sort out. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still in admin for the start of next season and the longer we're in admin the more likely players will be farmed out.

hamil99

Facebook User
Squad for nxt yr will be the under 21s with a spatter of the seasoned pros remaining (the ones to old to be wanted or to injury prone to be risked).

ampthill_sba

Everyone except Cameron, Wood and McSheffrey I believe

Lots of assumptions of course:

Out: Cameron, McSheffrey and Wood out on frees
Saleable: Baker, L Clarke, Moussa, Christie,
Released: Edge, Barton,
Loans home: Martin, Bailey,

The Future: Wilson, Thomas, Fleck, Jennings, J Clarke

stupot07

Elliot is also out of contract in the summer, Cody is a high earner.

The future looks very worrying.

chem90

Lots of assumptions of course:

Out: Cameron, McSheffrey and Wood out on frees
Saleable: Baker, L Clarke, Moussa, Christie,
Released: Edge, Barton,
Loans home: Martin, Bailey,

The Future: Wilson, Thomas, Fleck, Jennings, J Clarke

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think Jennings is seeing as you regard him as one for the future?

ampthill_sba

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think Jennings is seeing as you regard him as one for the future?

I don't rate him especially...I just don't think he's saleable or that we'd save much £ releasing him. My future category is what I think we'll end up with.

mark82

Why would you release Edge who is a first teamer and Barton who is still young and pre-injury was very highly rated (may come good with time)?

stupot07

Why would you release Edge who is a first teamer and Barton who is still young and pre-injury was very highly rated (may come good with time)?

It would make sense to let one of fleck or Barton go. Barton has started just 4 league games since shaw left.

ampthill_sba

I wouldn't release them personally...I just feel that the decision will be made to release them...

It's only a guess from a long way out :)

banbury_skyblue

McSheffrey, Elliott and Cameron will get released as contracts expired.
Malaga will hopefully see the light and accept he has NO future with the club.
Cody will probabily go on a free to Gillingham or a similar suiter.

Main worry for me is keeping hold of Richard Wood - undervalued asset at heart of our defense!

2 new centre backs and 2 new strikers will be our summer signings.

Mucca Mad Boys

GK - Murphy, Dunn
RB - Christie, Clarke
CB - Willis, Martin (if possible), Edj (hopefully as 4th choice) then we'll need to sign atleast 1 CB.
LB - Adams, Stewart, however, if Haynes is ready to step up, replace Stewart
RM - Baker, Garner?
CM - Jennings, Barton, Fleck, Thomas, Lobjoit? Bailey (if possible)
LM - Moussa, cover needed
ST - Clarke, Wilson (unsure if he's good enough), Cody (hope he gets sold)... We need a striker.

I'd like Martin and Bailey (been shit 2013 but I think he'll be a good signing) on permanent deals, a CB if possible, I hope Willis steps up. A winger, hopefully Garner steps up. We need a striker, if Leon loses form or gets injured, we're fecked.

Strong team that should get promotion.

Mucca Mad Boys

Barton and fleck played well today, but I would be worried about the lack of physicality over a course of a whole season of we had to rely on them week in week out

There's Jennings, Thomas and perhaps Lobjoit as well to come in.

Donny are a physical side, and a good side, we won the midfield battle, and so held on to win 1-0. Quite ironic we kept a clean sheet with them 2 in midfield (first time together?) when people like yourself said we'd get dominated etc. I did find it weird how Bailey was the most advanced CM? :thinking about:

stupot07

There's Jennings, Thomas and perhaps Lobjoit as well to come in.

Donny are a physical side, and a good side, we won the midfield battle, and so held on to win 1-0. Quite ironic we kept a clean sheet with them 2 in midfield (first time together?) when people like yourself said we'd get dominated etc. I did find it weird how Bailey was the most advanced CM? :thinking about:

Donny weren't particularly physical in the midfield and rarely pressed us in the first half. I said they played well, but lets not kids ourselves donny upped their game second half, pressed more and fleck and Barton started to disappear and donny created a number of very good chances,

SkyBlue_Bear83

Team for next season
--------------------Murphy
Clarke/Christie---????----Edge---Adams
Baker--Barton----Thomas---Fleck---Moussa
------------------------Clarke

Desperately short at centre half, I'd keep Wood only on a massive wage cut. Think Martin and Wood would be a very good partnership

The only players I would be really disappointed to lose our Baker, L Clarke,Moussa and Adams. Everyone else is replaceable. Would like to keep bailey an Martin is possible

Players that I wouldn't be bothered about leaving
Bell
Malaga
McDonald
Sheff
Jennings
Cameron
Stewart
Jeffers
Dunn
Philliskirk

Mucca Mad Boys

Donny weren't particularly physical in the midfield and rarely pressed us in the first half. I said they played well, but lets not kids ourselves donny upped their game second half, pressed more and fleck and Barton started to disappear and donny created a number of very good chances,

Bare in mind Donny are top of the league with a game in hand, there were always going to fight back, they have a good team.

Bailey was missing the whole game tbf, you mention nothing of him, Barton and Fleck got their foot in quite a lot, more than I expected, also, they were good and should start next game.

stupot07

Bare in mind Donny are top of the league with a game in hand, there were always going to fight back, they have a good team.

Bailey was missing the whole game tbf, you mention nothing of him, Barton and Fleck got their foot in quite a lot, more than I expected, also, they were good and should start next game.
I believe I gave bailey a 6, he has been poor since he came back for the second loan spell - I have Barton an 8 and fleck a 7. However, I'm talking about week in week out against more physical and less able sides like PNE, etc i think hey would struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread