Lamieras signs for Plymouth (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Not sure yet. Gonna buy a house probably or move abroad.

Aiming for Christmas but it is all a bit loose...

I thought I was indecisive ESB, (in fact I am really indecisive), but you're off the scale!
Don't know who to vote for, don't know whether to move abroad or buy a house!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I thought I was indecisive ESB, (in fact I am really indecisive), but you're off the scale!
Don't know who to vote for, don't know whether to move abroad or buy a house!

It's actually really unlike me in truth.

Normally know exactly what I want go and get it. It's more that I will be married and have to factor more than just my own opinion in. The voting was just rogue because I hated the fucking lot of them!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I'm with BHSB on this one!
Cov's great!!

Second that, great City and if you followed CCFC around the UK you would see the city isn't all that bad at all.

They're a lot worse places out there and i'm proud to say i'm from Coventry!

Adge

The worst thing is we rejected a six figure fee for him
Where is all this coming from ref bids for him and Haynes? I didn't hear/see anything about it during the season or was it just hearsay?

better days

"Reportedly" and "understands". So no bids then and it was all just hearsay. If there was any offers on the table they would have both been out of the door.

Ruben definitely wanted to go to Swindon but wasn't allowed to leave by Russel Slade who ironically didn't play him much
Not sure about Haynes

RocketSkates

Ruben you mad bastard Plymouth is a shithole. A Coventry by the sea if you will. You know how to pick em.
Haha, been to Plymouth a few times and have to agree. As my boss puts it- "the only city where the hookers wear trainers"

stevefloyd

Popped on here to find out a bit more about our latest signing and I'm not surprised to see most of you think he's a bit shite :happy:

Derek Adams seems to have a habit of signing players that are written off by their former club's fans when they join us. Pompey fans told us Sonny Bradley was one of the worst centre-backs they'd ever had when we signed him, yet he went on to win promotion, become our player of the year and be named in the PFA team of the year. Meanwhile, our own fans wrote off Graham Carey when he joined (after being released by St Mirren), yet he's going to go down as one of our greatest ever players and will almost certainly be leaving us shortly :sorry:

I think the lesson here is a mixture of, a) us fans not really having a clue and b) some players needing a certain type of manager/club to thrive.

Ruben sounds like he's got a smidgen of technical ability but needs toughening up and a rocket up his arse to make him more consistent. Sound right? If that's the case then he's come to the right club, because Adams will bomb him out if he thinks he isn't putting a shift in.

All the best for next season and your attempt to come straight back up - Coventry are far too big a club to be in that shitehole of a division. Those Sisu pricks have got a lot to answer for.

When he was first unleashed on us it was a pre season friendly, he looked great, unfortunately he peaked too early and sadly became a player you would love to run on the pitch and give him a massive kick up his arse, he tries and when he does play which as suggested on here is every February 29th, he is a decent player but he is one frustrating mother but hope he does well for you

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's crap, you normally here the phrase one good game in 10 for inconsistent players but lameiras is more like a good 5 minute spell every 10 games type of player

ps1948

My main memory of Reuben was when he was the victim of that tackle at Sheff Utd the season before last - incredibly, he didn't roll around as he could have done, and as a result the ref didn't send their player off.
He always looked to be the most skilful player in the team, during the warm-ups, but unfortunately couldn't do it when there were opposition players on the pitch.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
ArgyleFan, I wouldn't read too much into some of the comments on here.

Lameiras wasn't bad at all, his movement into pockets of space often opens the game up, needs to work on his final ball but he's a decent acquisition for Plymouth. He also works hard despite being slight.

I thought his final ball was all he had at times! Only ever be remembered for that pass to Armstrong v Millwall

Users who are viewing this thread