Larry Lloyd R.I.P. (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He was an absolute rock , old school type player who was very much part of what I consider out best ever top division squad.
The fact that Brian Clough wanted him is the best compliment anyone can pay him.
Sad news indeed.

Hobo

A very good player

Hobo

I think you’re right, but not really for us. For whatever reason I don’t think he was at his best in a sky blue shirt.

Didn't he have a back injury when he was with us?

Grendel

He was an absolute rock , old school type player who was very much part of what I consider out best ever top division squad.
The fact that Brian Clough wanted him is the best compliment anyone can pay him.
Sad news indeed.

I honestly thought he was poor for us abs chronically underachieved

slyblue57

Back in the day, I played for Bubbenhall Village FC on Sundays.
Larry used to come and train us.
He certainly taught us some “ dark arts”
Rip Larry

robofcov

I went on Holiday to Estepona be 2008 ish flying out of Coventry Airport , got accosted by time share sales people anyway went along for the free vino and food who was the chief salesman one Larry LLoyd tried always for us to sign up only thing that got signed was a copy of his book i blagged off him when getting him to talk about football rather than time shares

RIP

adamcov

Remember seeing him play for us in an evening game, left at the end and went for a pint in the Stychevale Arms and Larry was already in there by the time we got there!! Old school!!

joemercersaces

Yes, came to us with big expectations which were never fully realised. Went to Forest and his career took off. Larger than life character so very sad to hear of his death.

Colin Steins Smile

I think we paid £245 000 for home from Liverpool and sold him to Forest for £60,000.
A no compromise centre half and his goal against Norwich from the half way line was ace. I think Keelan was the Norwich goalkeeper that day. It wasn’t a chip … Larry blasted it!

blunted

Very sad when anyone pops off especially for the family. According to the CET, we bought him for a record £240k from Liverpool and sold him for £60k to the Forest. He won European titles at Liverpool and Forest.
Unfortunately, he was not complementary about his time at the City, and gather he was not happy here, and that is probably reflected in his drop in value.
Of course headlines of his death say ex Liverpool and Forest defender. (See other threads on media bias).

DazzleTommyDazzle

Seem to recall that we bought Larry with the money we were expecting to get for selling Jimmy Holmes to Spurs, but their manager was sacked (Bill Nicholson) and so the deal didn’t happen at that time, though he went there a few years later. Think that that gave us some financial problems at the time.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

rob9872

Bubbenhall still gives me nightmares! Had my ankle smashed there on a Sunday morning, never been the same since.

Users who are viewing this thread