Last caller on the phone in (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

I think Grendel agreed with you apart from the Haynes bit.

I would say

DKE
Stevenson
Haynes
G.Thomas
Stokes
Reilly

Then rather than fans give the U23's abd U18's ago. Who will lose but go down fighting with pride and passion for the chance they have been given
You probably have a point, because the best football that I've seen this season has been in this very competition.

Not seeing the Reilly love in myself and Stevenson can definitely go missing during a game.

AndreasB

Oh Mate. Clive has to try and make sense of that load of crap for 90 minutes and then gets idiots like you (and the first caller , who to be fair had special needs) saying stupid things. He had clearly and correctly had enough. He is far too polite to some of you halfwits. The usual callers who make sense (Knowl, Ian and Dan) dont get that sort of reaction for a reason; they can make a sensible and logical point.
Bear with me Grendel please.

It was me and not only did the station disconnect moi, they also switched at 10 pm from BBC Coventry and Warwickshire to Birmingham in terms of receiving telephone calls. This cut me off. When they phoned me back, they explained this very thing. I then held on the phone for for several minutes after that to be informed that I've got 30 seconds to try and express my views.

By the time I'm connected to our Clive, he is desperately trying to get to the next 'travel you can trust bollocks'.

Is totally dismissive of my thoughts and says yes thanks and goodbye.

I did try to make the point, that due to the frustration of watching clearly inadequate players represent Coventry City for many seasons, but particularly this one,

That maybe DKE and possibly Haynes deserved a Wembley place and that the rest of the team representing our club should be picked from the fans to represent the City at Wembley.

There would be far more passion and pride evident and the result is irrelevant.

For how much suffering has been endured for decades, some our stalwart fans, far more deserve to adorn the shirt than much of the dross that has been served to them over many years.

I am not going to judge you and your views as many clearly have in the past.

Most fans would probably entertain my thoughts.

It matters not if they don't.

You have no right to ridicule my views.

martcov

I agree recruitment has been rubbish, it doesn't excuse the players though.

They didn't recruit themselves though, and if they are not good enough for league one - as Venus said - it cannot be their fault that they have been brought to a league one club.

It can be their fault if they haven't been giving their best, or lack passion.

Warwickhunt

I thought I had already seen the worse game of the season but WTF was that last night. I could not believe my eyes in what I was seeing! Was Bigi's misses having the baby on the side lines or what!! the only saving grace I can see is that a few of that squad are not eligible to play in the check a trade final. He needs to get Stokes and Harries up to scratch before April 2nd. Why the fuck do you play Kwame Thomas on the left ?why was George Thomas fucked over? It must be me but 4 managers now favour Tudgay so what is it they see in training to give him a starting position. As it never translates onto the pitch

Rodders1

I think Grendel agreed with you apart from the Haynes bit.

I would say

DKE
Stevenson
Haynes
G.Thomas
Stokes
Reilly

Then rather than fans give the U23's abd U18's ago. Who will lose but go down fighting with pride and passion for the chance they have been given
Reilly Really?

Grendel

Essexrobbie

I think you'll find a different attitude in the final.
Yes, in the final there will be 40,000 people baying for their blood if they don't put a shift in. The vast majority of them, like me it has to be said, wont have seen City for a number of years and will be expecting some sort of organized football team. I'm more than a bit worried that if we conceded early again the crowd will get agitated and a lot of players will just hide.

dongonzalos

Still think Haynes is having "a good season"?

Even you've given up on Bigi and Burge at least

Yes Haynes hasn't been our worse player.
Burge I always wanted an experienced keeper. However when we were playing someone else's kid I didn't see the point. A bit like this season when we had DKE and we were playing Newcastles lad.
For GK, CB, CM, ST I always want one solid proven player surrounded by kids.
Stevenson and Bigi with a Vincelot would have been good this season. Unfortunately neither were required under Slade as the midfield was not used.
Also those type of players need good movement up front. We only get that from g. Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread