Last nights football (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Watching last nights fa cup football Plymouth v Liverpool brought back memories - biggest crowd for many years commentator was saying - sell out just over 17,000 -
I remember being in the crowd 1996 at Plymouth 18,000 in attendance when a certain premiership team in Skyblue went 1-0 down early then had our centre back sent off but still won 1-3 - those were proud days and maybe we will get them back one day - pusb

Wheelfass

Watching last nights fa cup football Plymouth v Liverpool brought back memories - biggest crowd for many years commentator was saying - sell out just over 17,000 -
I remember being in the crowd 1996 at Plymouth 18,000 in attendance when a certain premiership team in Skyblue went 1-0 down early then had our centre back sent off but still won 1-3 - those were proud days and maybe we will get them back one day - pusb
It's nice to have good memories isn't it. Unfortunately all of the seasons that have gone before this one - so far at least - and in most of our memories are better than what we have at present.
Will those proud days return............... I honestly don't know.

Speedies_Chips

I was there that day. Got absolutely soaked on the open terracing.

westofrayne

Was there great weekend, our hotel was full of City fans, owner was Ex footballer who played for them and Exeter. Friday night was a great night on the town, Sat a few sore heads, got bloody soaked on open terrace, happy days.

pastythegreat

Remember that weekend well. Think I'd of been 11 or 12. Great games! Great days! Great memories

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

matesx

i was there

when we got back to our mini bus the windows had been smashed in

never been so cold in my life driving up the M5 in January

bastards

oscillatewildly

Don't mean to be picky, but wasn't it the other way round? Busst off then they scored from resulting free kick?
I don't know, it just seems to compound the event more in that order. I don't think anyone predicted our second half reply. Other than '87 we've not managed that before or since.
A mini bus full made that journey and we had an over night stop in Torquay.
Some of our away trips used to be so well planned, I don't recall much about Torquay but the next day it was decided we'd stop off on the way back for a session and take in the Sunday's live cup game on TV. I even remember that - Man City v Leicester and we were drawn against the winners after they had replayed.
This stop off took place in Gloucester by the way. Somebody suggested on the drive back after the session we should go and check out Cromwell street, this idea grew in anticipation to something like a fever pitch. I'll never forget the boisterous, excited, drunken atmosphere slowly turning to near silence as we made our way down that road before briefly stopping outside 'that' house.
Oh, the romance of the cup.

davebart

It wasn't just rain it was the wind as well. We were playing into the wind first half and I'm surprised our defenders could see anything at all. I guessed it would be a different story second half. We weren't in the uncovered area and we could see all the city fans were drenched. But they didn't seem to mind once the goals started going in.

Users who are viewing this thread