League 2 playoffs (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I caught around 20 minutes (was all I could watch) of the Blackpool vs Luton play off semi final. Yes I know there were 5 goals but the standard of football, and of the officials was dire. The atmosphere in the ground so poor (yes I know there is a blackpool fans boycott and it was a Sunday evening) - this was a semi final though

Really did not inspire me about what we might see next season in League 2

NorthernWisdom

I caught around 20 minutes (was all I could watch) of the Blackpool vs Luton play off semi final. Yes I know there were 5 goals but the standard of football, and of the officials was dire. The atmosphere in the ground so poor (yes I know there is a blackpool fans boycott and it was a Sunday evening) - this was a semi final though

Exeter play some decent stuff, so let's hope they stay down ;)

(FWIW, they're also a sign that sacking a manager is not always the wise thing to do. Keeping faith with Tisdale, and acknowledging he's helped grow the club regardless of results, has seen a benefit this season)

pastythegreat

I thought exactly the same.
I've been so torn on ST renewal but watching that game last night has made my mind up. I couldn't watch an entire season of that!! Might try and get an Australian identity and a VPN and watch it at home through this new player thing they're looking into!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Surely 3 months of kicking practice with Oggy should do the trick!

skyblueelephant76

Based on watching the Huddersfield v Sheff Wednesday game earlier in the day I'd happily take the League Two play off games. 5/6 goals in each game and all the sides tried to attack and have a go.

Ranjit Bhurpa

As soon as I saw your reference to the officials, I wondered if it might be Mowbray's best mate Nigel Miller. And sure enough it was. I don't bear many grudges but still remember the away game at Bury a couple of years ago.
I think the officials in L1 are the same as L2 so we should see some familiar faces next season.

Nick

Administrator
Will it be massively different to League 1?

As long as Robins gets the balance right of Aggression, skill, pace and experience I think it will be a bit more entertaining than last season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
As soon as I saw your reference to the officials, I wondered if it might be Mowbray's best mate Nigel Miller. And sure enough it was. I don't bear many grudges but still remember the away game at Bury a couple of years ago.
I think the officials in L1 are the same as L2 so we should see some familiar faces next season.

To be fair Miller had a decent game reffing us recently. Can't remember the fixture. Was the one where he had a female assistant (remember that but well ;))

Then again it was near the seasons end and our fate had already been decided so we didn't give him many decisions to make!

I have seen only highlights of L2 games this season and to say it's looked poor has been an understatement

its a buzzard

To be fair Miller had a decent game reffing us recently. Can't remember the fixture. Was the one where he had a female assistant (remember that but well ;))

Then again it was near the seasons end and our fate had already been decided so we didn't give him many decisions to make!

I have seen only highlights of L2 games this season and to say it's looked poor has been an understatement

Hobo

Depends which half of the table we are in.

SkyblueBazza

It comes to something when we are more looking for inspiration in the opposition than our own team doesn't it?
Let's be honest, we have mostly performed at L2 level for at least most of last season...& arguably longer!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

dont bring up that year. loved it. makes me cry seeing how far we have fallen

rmember beating watford 4-1 or something. and beating arsenal 3-2 at home probably best match i have ever been to
That Arsenal match was fantastic , Huckerby missed a bucket load of chances that night

Users who are viewing this thread