League 2 (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

As long as we have a competitive budget and the money is spent right we will have a chance, i am sure Fester didnt have the top budget and they managed to win the prem

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't even bought mine yet, so that 500+ figure is set to soar! Think we will be hard to beat at the Ricoh - it will be improving our away from (shouldn't be difficult!) that will be key next year (plus obviously keeping MR, and swerving any SISU curved balls - we're moving out of the city etc!!)

SkyblueBazza

is anyone else watching this and thinking we'll be alright next season?

3/4 of the sides relegated are currently in the top 7, and Blackpool are an arguably worse basket case than ourselves and at the start of the season had less of a squad than we'll have.

I reckon with MR in now we're better prepared and actually quite confident about next season.

PUSB!
Given half the squad is leaving, only MR is actually 'in place'...& until we see who comes in - how can you possibly be so optimistic?

Many of us were when we were relegated last time, & the time before that! MR is the only difference atm

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Given half the squad is leaving, only MR is actually 'in place'...& until we see who comes in - how can you possibly be so optimistic?

Many of us were when we were relegated last time, & the time before that! MR is the only difference atm

I get that, I was optimistic the last 2 relegations aswell. As I previously said though, first season in league one we had thorn/shaw for the first 10, had a 10 point deduction and arguable had the chance to make the play offs, second season we were going well until Wilson was injured and Leon left.

I trust Robins to put a competitive league 2 side together, and look at Blackpool, they didn't have a squad until the start of the season and still made the play offs. That in itself gives me optimism

smileycov

Facebook User
I personally think we will do okay. Our squad was shite tbh, it needed clearing out. We have kept a few decent players and I am sure for the level of players targeted and available for league 2 we must be up there as an attractive team to come too. My concern is the home form! If we play well and dominate at home we will have a good season, however if teams raise there game for the stadium we are in trouble.

SkyblueBazza

I get that, I was optimistic the last 2 relegations aswell. As I previously said though, first season in league one we had thorn/shaw for the first 10, had a 10 point deduction and arguable had the chance to make the play offs, second season we were going well until Wilson was injured and Leon left.

I trust Robins to put a competitive league 2 side together, and look at Blackpool, they didn't have a squad until the start of the season and still made the play offs. That in itself gives me optimism
But do you trust 'them' to pay for the resources he wants & needs to get us out?

ccfcway

But do you trust 'them' to pay for the resources he wants & needs to get us out?

we will get more season ticket holders than most in the league. MR asked for bums on seats as it helps the budget. We will get what we deserve, which in this instance will be a very competitive budget.

Also, both recent relegations have come with a habit of losing. This one hasn't, that may well make a difference

steve82

Surely we've seen that the budget in itself is meaningless? It's how you use it or are allowed to use it that counts.

Correct too much is made of the question marks, or false hope on the supposed budget and will he be given the "tools for the job" some of that rightly so given the history of our club.
I'm sure that budget is already agreed and set or why else would MR still be here, why would he of signed a contract to beyond the end of this season when survival was a huge ask.
We don't necessarily need cash to buy our way out, sure would help in getting a already contracted striker to score the goals but there are plenty of options out of contract proven in league two.
It's a case of searching and looking at the level or below, not aiming too high to targets that will be beyond us and never realistically in our price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Surely we've seen that the budget in itself is meaningless? It's how you use it or are allowed to use it that counts.

its not meaningless. we had a mid table budget last season (according to TF) and blew it, resulting in 3 managers . This season we will have a higher budget and MR. With a bit of luck, we could be easily challenging for the top spots

steve82

its not meaningless. we had a mid table budget last season (according to TF) and blew it, resulting in 3 managers . This season we will have a higher budget and MR. With a bit of luck, we could be easily challenging for the top spots

He's gotta get it right in the next 3 1/2 months. Getting the right players in is vital in the summer

Skyblueweeman

I've not felt this confident of a good season for years. Robins is the only reason for that. I was so pissed off when he left with his 'Sky Blue Blood' but he's shown enough in his last spell and this one, that he knows what he's doing at this club.

I'm still gobsmacked that he came back to be honest so he must have known what his budget would be for next season if we got relegated.

As Steve82 says, if we can do some decent business before they report for preseason training, I think attendances will rise on the back of a good start and give him more cash to spend in January for the final push.

I know SISU fuck it up every summer (all the time to be fair...) but something just feels different with Robins in charge.

Can't wait for the season already.

ccfcway

its not to SISUs credit that we are likely to do well next season. We have fell so far that we are now a big fish and have a budget to compete adequately. Add in a manager who we expect to achieve results and we should do well.

SkyblueBazza

we will get more season ticket holders than most in the league. MR asked for bums on seats as it helps the budget. We will get what we deserve, which in this instance will be a very competitive budget.

Also, both recent relegations have come with a habit of losing. This one hasn't, that may well make a difference
So you are saying "Yes" you trust 'them' to?
Maybe the leopard will changes its spots, I shall not hold my breath

skybluetony176

So you are saying "Yes" you trust 'them' to?
Maybe the leopard will changes its spots, I shall not hold my breath

Another team who last time I saw them play was in a non league game against VS Rugby. Never thought at the time that I'd see these type teams playing against Coventry. And that's a sign of how far we've fallen as much as they've moved up. Makes me wonder how long it will be before we meet VS and wether that's because VS is rising or City are falling.

steve82

Another team who last time I saw them play was in a non league game against VS Rugby. Never thought at the time that I'd see these type teams playing against Coventry. And that's a sign of how far we've fallen as much as they've moved up. Makes me wonder how long it will be before we meet VS and wether that's because VS is rising or City are falling.

Not for a while, VS now under the name of rugby town got relegated too this season. Poor decisions at boardroom level seen there collapse to levels they have not been at for a number of years.
I didn't think myself when watching VS beat clubs like Cheltenham, Burton and Forest Green would be in the same league or levels above one day.

skybluetony176

Not for a while, VS now under the name of rugby town got relegated too this season. Poor decisions at boardroom level seen there collapse to levels they have not been at for a number of years.
I didn't think myself when watching VS beat clubs like Cheltenham, Burton and Forest Green would be in the same league or levels above one day.

Always be VS to me. Pretty sure I remember watching them play Fleetwood as well. Although that might have been a trophy or cup game. Both were non league at the time though.

Cov kid 55

I've not felt this confident of a good season for years. Robins is the only reason for that. I was so pissed off when he left with his 'Sky Blue Blood' but he's shown enough in his last spell and this one, that he knows what he's doing at this club.

I'm still gobsmacked that he came back to be honest so he must have known what his budget would be for next season if we got relegated.

As Steve82 says, if we can do some decent business before they report for preseason training, I think attendances will rise on the back of a good start and give him more cash to spend in January for the final push.

I know SISU fuck it up every summer (all the time to be fair...) but something just feels different with Robins in charge.

Can't wait for the season already.

It's got to be automatic promotion, three go up, we must be one of them.

lifeskyblue

Heart says definitely autos. Head says wait and see what the summer brings in terms of recruitment.
Even so...surely we can at last watch a promotion

Warwickhunt

Number of season ticket holders will be a major effect to the coming seasons success or failure. We cannot afford to not come back at the first attempt

Brylowes

The good people of SISU have assured Robins that he'll be given the tools to do the job and when have they ever let us down with promises before?.
They assured Tony Mowbray he would be given the tools to do the job, he just didn't realise
They meant a paint brush and some sandpaper.
He made a cracking job on Ryton though, and the coach has never looked better.:emoji_art:

Travs

Heart says definitely autos. Head says wait and see what the summer brings in terms of recruitment.
Even so...surely we can at last watch a promotion

I think there is very much a thought amongst fans (of all clubs) that if you make the playoffs, you go up. "Must make the playoffs" etc.... Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily equate to promotion (for around 75% of the teams who make the playoffs, according to statistics)....

You'd like to think that should we make the playoffs, we could blow teams away with a massive crowd at the Ricoh, especially now we have experience of performing in a big game (JPT final this year).

But imagine the deflation if we make the playoffs then don't make it through....

Users who are viewing this thread