League One Football (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Saturday's game at MKDons was a bit of a let down to be honest as I expected more especially after the good news a few days before. But I have to remind myself this is League One football these days and let's be honest it is of a poor standard. So for anyone who hasn't been to a game for quite a while don't expect entertaining football packed full of quality,as you may be in for a shock. I have made a promise though to myself and those I attend matches with I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on about the poor level on show and pretend it's riveting stuff and it will get better won't it ?

RFC

Saturday's game at MKDons was a bit of a let down to be honest as I expected more especially after the good news a few days before. But I have to remind myself this is League One football these days and let's be honest it is of a poor standard. So for anyone who hasn't been to a game for quite a while don't expect entertaining football packed full of quality,as you may be in for a shock. I have made a promise though to myself and those I attend matches with I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on about the poor level on show and pretend it's riveting stuff and it will get better won't it ?

Previously posted please don't expect us to be as pleasant on the eye as last season (before a certain player 'rocked the boat' and our other key man was out injured), best football I'd seen for 15 or 20 years.

However in all honesty it may not be the way to get out of this Division but 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 maybe with the variant of a 4-4-2 supplied by a couple of players that have not yet started and possibly a couple more signings.

Excited by a couple of things but you're quite right, don't expect it to be as exciting or volatile as last season.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

I must have been moaning a bit too loudly on Saturday as a bloke sitting in front of me turned and said " we're third division mate not Premier League." Fair enough at the end of the day it's more about the result now than expansive attacking football. I had a beer with the bloke at half time and he said we all want to get out this division but it looks like horses for courses this season,so if it's successful we can't complain.

turlykerd

I must have been moaning a bit too loudly on Saturday as a bloke sitting in front of me turned and said " we're third division mate not Premier League." Fair enough at the end of the day it's more about the result now than expansive attacking football. I had a beer with the bloke at half time and he said we all want to get out this division but it looks like horses for courses this season,so if it's successful we can't complain.

I'm looking forward to it . It's been so long even the dross is fine with me.. Although I'm needing posts like this to keep me grounded .

I can just imagine that If we go 3 nil down to gillingham there will be 20000 suicides in cov on Friday night ;)

cornoccfc

Disagree about the standard, there are good games and bad games in this division, just like any other.

Saturday was ruined by the Referee first of all. And two teams lacking a killer instinct, that's all.

wingy

All you need Is one Marquee signing playing below his natural level and the rest will take care of itself IMO.

Covstu

i enjoyed a few games last year, yes you cannot expect premier league quality but even in League One it can still be end to end. The latter years of our championship reign, we sat back at home and invited trouble this didnt bode well to entertaining football but to be honest i dont give a shit as long as we can claw our way out of the league.

Ashdown

The games I attend, won't be just about the football anyway. It's about the camaraderie, The Sky Blue, the mates, being back In Cov and the ale! The football is that 90 minutes that can often taint it all but sometimes pleasantly surprises you too !

Covstu

The games I attend, won't be just about the football anyway. It's about the camaraderie, The Sky Blue, the mates, being back In Cov and the ale! The football is that 90 minutes that can often taint it all but sometimes pleasantly surprises you too !

totally agree, its the day out that counts!

WillieStanley

Unfortunately I think we'll have to be patient this season. I can't remember the last time we brought in so many new players... Maybe Dowie or Macca? Plus the new youth and the new system. We've lost the pace of Callum, on top of that, but we do have quality within the ranks and a number of leaders in the pack which, imho and with all due respect to Baker, has been the main absent feature we've lacked for some time. Fans of my age are use to us rising in adversity rather than thriving from success and I guess the massive boost of actually playing at home will cause some unrest. I believe in our manager more than any before (Big Ron was my first in memory) and I have every faith we will be challenging towards the end of the season. Give it time!

Seaside-Skyblue

Agree with you there. Whether its just that Pressley is a great talker or not I'm not sure but he's certainly won me over and I believe fully in what he's trying to do.

Covstu

We all love the day out but that won't win us games will it ?

sadly we cannot influence whether we win games or not so personally i have come to terms with that and enjoy the day and the company rather than go home and kick the cat. We win and play well, it makes a good day out into a great day out.

bringbackrattles

sadly we cannot influence whether we win games or not so personally i have come to terms with that and enjoy the day and the company rather than go home and kick the cat. We win and play well, it makes a good day out into a great day out.
I know a few lads who only go to the games for the piss up the result is secondary to them.That's fair enough as they're honest about it and don't care what anyone says. But I'm firstly a Cov City fan who wants my team to win home or away,but enjoy the pub and the banter too but to me the result is more important than the crack with the lads etc.

OK we are "Division 3" BUT just compare the basics of say passing to team mates, we were infinitely better than Man U the other night v MKD with unbelievable bad passing by so called internationals on monopoly money wages each week.

Our movement and passing has improved significantly since SP so let us not knock it under the "3rd Division" mantra as some of our stuff is quite entertaining compared to pre SP experience.

Users who are viewing this thread