League two FFP rules. (1 Viewer)

steve82

Looking at the current future of ccfc we've simply got to get out of league two at the first attempt, the make up of our budget is gonna have to come from player sales tho with the main saleable assets of Willis, Harries and Stevenson.
As we're all aware all football clubs have to operate within the financial fair play rules. In league one and two is set out slightly different and is under the banner of SCMP, salary cost management protocol. It's basically the same, you can only operate as per your turnover.
In league one the limit is 60%, however league two is less. It's only 55% of your turnover that can be used on player wages.
In the summer the club will have to forecast there predicted turnover and submit there figures and provide regular updates. If it's within 5% of there predicted turnover the club will be closely watched and could breach rules meaning a transfer embargo could be placed on us if attendances fall further and we fall below our budget forecast.
So with fans declaring this is there last season while sisu are still here, attendances are gonna fall to at a guess 4/5 thousand it's gonna have to be subsidised by player sales as this can be used towards the "SCMP" hence why we need promotion at the first attempt while we still have saleable assets.
A interesting note is a ruling that any player wage costs for Youth players on a professional contract are excluded from the 55% (i.e. players that have been in the club’s Youth Development scheme and have been given a pro contract); they must be 20 years of age or under at the start of the season to be discounted from the SCMP calculation.

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

Can't think of anyone who qualifies for exemption, perhaps Pontechelli if he makes the squad.

Esoterica

Looking at the current future of ccfc we've simply got to get out of league two at the first attempt, the make up of our budget is gonna have to come from player sales tho with the main saleable assets of Willis, Harries and Stevenson.
As we're all aware all football clubs have to operate within the financial fair play rules. In league one and two is set out slightly different and is under the banner of SCMP, salary cost management protocol. It's basically the same, you can only operate as per your turnover.
In league one the limit is 60%, however league two is less. It's only 55% of your turnover that can be used on player wages.
In the summer the club will have to forecast there predicted turnover and submit there figures and provide regular updates. If it's within 5% of there predicted turnover the club will be closely watched and could breach rules meaning a transfer embargo could be placed on us if attendances fall further and we fall below our budget forecast.
So with fans declaring this is there last season while sisu are still here, attendances are gonna fall to at a guess 4/5 thousand it's gonna have to be subsidised by player sales as this can be used towards the "SCMP" hence why we need promotion at the first attempt while we still have saleable assets.
A interesting note is a ruling that any player wage costs for Youth players on a professional contract are excluded from the 55% (i.e. players that have been in the club’s Youth Development scheme and have been given a pro contract); they must be 20 years of age or under at the start of the season to be discounted from the SCMP calculation.
It's why Fisher's latest top 8 budget prediction has to be a complete fabrication at this point (I know, I know...)

rupert_bear

So if we got let's say a million quid for Willis, Stevenson and Harries all of that could be spent on players as well as what may come from gate receipts.

steve82

Can't think of anyone who qualifies for exemption, perhaps Pontechelli if he makes the squad.

Next seasons current players aged 20 or under at the start
Addai 19
Leahy 18
Shipley 19
Sayoud 19
Ponticelli 18

This seasons players 20 or under at the start.
Harries 20
Haynes 21
DKE 20
Finch 20
Lawton 21
Stevenson 20
G Thomas 20
Addai 19
Leahy 18
Shipley 19
Maycock 19
Sayoud 19
Spence 19

steve82

So if we got let's say a million quid for Willis, Stevenson and Harries all of that could be spent on players as well as what may come from gate receipts.

Yes that's correct.
Transfers fees in and out are not logged like the FFP rules. SCMP rules don't govern that. Just revenue streams, and transfer fees received can be allowed in for the 55% budget

dongonzalos

I am guessing we will sell

Thomas
Haynes
Stevenson
Willis
Harries
Stokes

We might even get a bid for Ponticelli

Then we have the money from the cup.
Also Robins will release a lot of players.

steve82

Thomas
Haynes
Stevenson
Willis
Harries
Stokes

Of those you stated Willis, Stevenson and Harries yes. As for stokes he can leave for free if he wishes as he's over 24.
Thomas I assume you mean George. He and Ryan Haynes are out of contract but due to there age "if" we offer them sensible new terms and they opt to move on we're entitled to a development fee. The same applies to Burge, finch and DKE

xcraigx

I wonder if we didn't accept fees for Stevenson and Willis in anticipation of relegation and to help improve the budget next season. Slade was hired as a short term fix and in order to eventually offer Robins a competitive budget perhaps sales were put on the back burner until summer.

steve82

I wonder if we didn't accept fees for Stevenson and Willis in anticipation of relegation and to help improve the budget next season. Slade was hired as a short term fix and in order to eventually offer Robins a competitive budget perhaps sales were put on the back burner until summer.

That's my way of thinking, plus it's been enhanced by our cup run prize money and share of the ticket sales of Wembley.
If operated sensibly that could keep us going for two seasons possibly if we get a decent return on player sales too, and ex players like Wilson triggering payments.
But reality is we have one season of a reasonable budget

Last edited:

Grendel

Thomas
Haynes
Stevenson
Willis
Harries
Stokes

You see this shows you really have no knowledge of the playing side. Stokes, Haynes and Thomas are out of contract

Grendel

Wont we still get a fee for Haynes and Thomas though by way of compensation as they're both under 24?

Only if we offer a new deal and they reject that deal

dongonzalos

You see this shows you really have no knowledge of the playing side. Stokes, Haynes and Thomas are out of contract

Read the post above regarding Haynes and Thomas.
Showing yourself up again.
Stokes yes I thought he was younger to be fair. I must hate CCFC to get that wrong.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Read the post above regarding Haynes and Thomas.
Showing yourself up again.
Stokes yes I thought he was younger to be fair. I must hate CCFC to get that wrong.

giphy.gif
How can we sell a player that is a free agent?

clint van damme

Am I right to say that an owner can put their own cash into the club but they can't load the club with debt?

And if not how does someone like the Brighton owner for example get away with underwriting 25 millions worth of debt?

Sky Blue Pete

That's really useful thank you

steve82

Am I right to say that an owner can put their own cash into the club but they can't load the club with debt?

And if not how does someone like the Brighton owner for example get away with underwriting 25 millions worth of debt?

"However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending"
That's from the site with the SCMP rules. League one and two differ from the FFP rules of the championship and premiership.
I think a loan cannot be allowed but a cash injection can be allowed. So a gift.

clint van damme

"However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending"
That's from the site with the SCMP rules. League one and two differ from the FFP rules of the championship and premiership.
I think a loan cannot be allowed but a cash injection can be allowed. So a gift.

Interesting to know but in all likelihood not something we need to concern ourselves with our owners!

steve82

Interesting to know but in all likelihood not something we need to concern ourselves with our owners!

No!!! Something to bear in mind for when we see the other 23 teams doing there business and wonder why say Accrington for example can spend 100k on a player and offer him there top earner status, while still signing other players. It was likely a gift to go with there 55% budget

stupot07

No!!! Something to bear in mind for when we see the other 23 teams doing there business and wonder why say Accrington for example can spend 100k on a player and offer him there top earner status, while still signing other players. It was likely a gift to go with there 55% budget
Who did they spend £100k on?

Edit. Sorry just realised you meant theoretically speaking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

Who did they spend £100k on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They haven't.... I don't believe ever. Was a hypothetical situation I suggested.

* stand corrected
Highest Transfer Fee Paid
£114,400 for Ian Craney from Swansea City, January 2008

Users who are viewing this thread