League two transfers/news 2017/18 (1 Viewer)

steve82

Somewhere to see what the other 23 teams are doing and what we may of missed.

Mansfield seem to be making some early signings and talk of a big season from the owners under manager Steve Evans with talk of seriously pushing for a automatic promotion spot.
Signed experienced goalkeeper Conrad Logan from Rochdale and today Ex Burton and Northampton central defender Zander Diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Could we have a sticky of ins and outs at CCFC? Be easier to keep up then.

Skyblueweeman

Thought I'd leave that off as widely common knowledge..

Yeah, but you know what people are like..."we're always late compared to other clubs" so I just wanted that one noted on this thread so that we can say we were likely one of the first this time round.

steve82

More signings for Mansfield.
Striker Jimmy Smith released by Plymouth, and winger Paul Anderson released by Northampton.
By far the busiest club early doors.

steve82

fuck mansfield and their fat manager

When we play them yes... agree.
Cannot fault there early work tho, released 11 players signed 5 already and strengthened in every area. Useful, experienced winners.

steve82

See how it goes. Hopefully robins has a few lined up ready to go. Its still may. Most of work be done in June

Yes still very early, some clubs still to inform there players. Some have had contracts offered that will see what options they have.
Still plenty of time left and hundreds of players

steve82

ours still havnt accepted contract offers yet

was stokes given one in the end?

Yes... tho might he opt to rejoin forest green if offered a deal there???
Goalkeeper Lee Burge and defender Chris Stokes will both be offered fresh terms, whilst top goalscorer George Thomas has begun talks over a new deal.

The club have also entered negotiations with Academy products Ryan Haynes, Gael Bigirimana, Dion Kelly-Evans and Devon Kelly-Evans to extend their stay with the club.

7 deals offered out to those out of contract players. I wonder if they have been set a deadline?
I also wonder if any date is set for Turnbull and Beavon to decide there futures by?

steve82

Yes... tho might he opt to rejoin forest green if offered s deal there???
Goalkeeper Lee Burge and defender Chris Stokes will both be offered fresh terms, whilst top goalscorer George Thomas has begun talks over a new deal.

The club have also entered negotiations with Academy products Ryan Haynes, Gael Bigirimana, Dion Kelly-Evans and Devon Kelly-Evans to extend their stay with the club.

7 deals offered out to those out of contract players. I wonder if they have been set a deadline?
I also wonder if any date is set for Turnbull and Beavon to decide there futures by?

covcity4life

Yes...

may 31st i imagine for deadlines.

covcity4life

Phones gone loopy, must be the rain... I edited the post to say..
tho might he (Chris Stokes) opt to rejoin forest green if offered s deal there???

i doubt it. a few years ago he talked about how moving to cov was huge for his career and mentioned stadium and fanbase etc. talked about thinking hes good enough to make it to championship

i think he would choose us over forest green but you never know i guess.

steve82

i doubt it. a few years ago he talked about how moving to cov was huge for his career and mentioned stadium and fanbase etc. talked about thinking hes good enough to make it to championship

I'm not so sure, I bet Forest Green may now be able to offer better terms than us to when we signed him.
Yes we're a bigger club on paper but they have better resources to climb out the league with a more stable club.
How close is he to players in the Forest Green side? Different manager there now in mark Cooper so it may not even be a option.

steve82

Captain Dart

Probably more likely to end up at Milton Keynes or Bristol Rovers if he does not accept a deal here isn't he (ie a League One side nearer his home town)?

MAFF

Apparently we were after Luke Waterfall from Lincoln. Unfortunately we missed out. Just signed a contract to stay there.

MatthewWallis

Saw this last night on Twitter about Stokes. Not sure what has happened/if anything at all, but a weird thing to put

Attachments

• IMG_0659.PNG
    IMG_0659.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 90

steve82

So while we're signing Marc McNulty Mansfield are still going strong with more signings.

Now signed highly rated Lee Angol from Peterborough who spent the end of the year on loan at Lincoln. They have also signed Hayden White too from Peterborough. Mansfield have now signed 7 players this summer

Port Vale have resigned fans favourite Tom Pope from Bury.

Notts County have signed Terry Hawkridge from Lincoln.

steve82

Chesterfield have today signed defender Scott wiseman and goalkeeper Joe Anyon from Scunthorpe.

covcity4life

3 auto spots. plus 1 playoff

this season is the one we build on checkatrade success! this will be an era we all remember fondly!

bring on the new signings!

Users who are viewing this thread