Lee Burge Signs new contract! (1 Viewer)

Sicov11

Why should the new lad been given a go? Surely the manager should make his decision based on what he sees in training and pre season?
It will take one fumble for him to be called shit on here.
I agree, it is Robins choice based on what he see's in training. I hope the lad shows him he is good enough to be given a go as he could turn out to be a good keeper, how will we know if he isn't given a go?

I like the idea of us having a steady No1 (regardless of a possible early season fumble or two) with two young keepers with first team experience as back up

Sicov11

Will Burge be re-signing as number 2 or 3 and will RCC be not making the bench every week.

Maybe I just find it strange to have so much cover for a position.
If we still have all 3 at the start of the season, my guess is one of them will be off in January

Corrado

Clearly he can drop the ball and kick the ball into touch. He does both most games.

Are you saying that we should put up with below par players now we are in Division 4?
He clearly isn't currently below par if Robins has offered him a new contract - unless of course you know better than Robins?

Astute

He clearly isn't currently below par if Robins has offered him a new contract - unless of course you know better than Robins?
I have seen more of him playing than Robins. As most are saying he has been better since Robins came back. I hope he can keep it up. But my confidence went in him a long time ago. And I certainly am not alone.

letsallsingtogether

Having a shit defensive line doesn't mean you can't kick the ball or catch it
How many did he drop?
As for kicking most keepers can't kick if they could they wouldn't be in goal.

Then again did you are most of our corners?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I'm happy he's resigned don't think he was awful last year by any stretch will be a good second choice.

pastythegreat

Surprised by this, thought he would be of and expected RCC to stay as number two.

Not disappointed though. He is inconsistent but he's nowhere near as bad a keeper as some would have you believe. Maybe training with a senior keeper and strong competition for first choice is just what we need in goal. We've not really had that since Murphy went.
Where are we getting a senior keeper from though? Are you suggesting we bring in "another" keeper?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Astute

Joe Hart conceded loads of goals at Torino last season, because he played behind a not-very good defence. He clearly can't play football - at least the way Guardiola wants.
Both Burge and RCC played behind really hopeless defences on many occasions last season, but I think we should all just be thankful that progress is being made and a decent squad is already being built.
Did Hart keep dropping the ball and kicking it into touch?

Sky Blue Harry H

If he was a great keeper, he'd have been snapped up by someone else.; however at our level I think he's ok. He's young and keepers tend to get better with experience. Quite happy that he's penned a deal and can't help but add to the positive feelgood factor that Stokes referred to. Come on George, get on board!!

letsallsingtogether

Did Hart keep dropping the ball and kicking it into touch?
Seriously have you seen Joe Hart's kicking just watch him when he plays for England as for dropping balls dont all keepers do that?
It also depends on how many crosses shots etc you have to deal with.

Astute

Seriously have you seen Joe Hart's kicking just watch him when he plays for England as for dropping balls dont all keepers do that?
It also depends on how many crosses shots etc you have to deal with.
The difference is I have seen Burge drop easy catches. I felt like celebrating if one of his kicks ever went to one of our own players. A keeper like Hart goes for crosses that Burge would never imagine he could reach. I have seen Burge go for crosses no keeper could reach.

I hope he comes good. I am just afraid that he could be our weak link again.

Adge

So he improved in a few games Robins was in charge towards the end of the season. Is everyone forgetting about the horror show over the last 2-3 seasons!?:banghead:
Jeez! And people are talking about a possible promotion push next season-sorry, not with Burge.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think there to much negativity about our keepers while not being Burge's biggest fan prefer R C C myself still think both did a reasonable job they a 2 young lads Last season between them they let in 68 goals this is less than 6 other sides in the league everyone agrees the defending was poor but they are only part off it. The talk of R C C leaving does not please me I think it might come back to haunt us.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I am really pleased he has signed, like all keepers, he benefited from the run of games he had in goal. He has improved and I also think having that shoddy defence in front of him did not help at all last year, he needed far better protection and at times, produced some stunning saves.
People have a tainted view from some of his earlier games which he did make some serious blunders and errors.

Keepers need game time and an organized defence, let's hope Robins gives him that.

Cavan O'Doherty

I think there to much negativity about our keepers while not being Burge's biggest fan prefer R C C myself still think both did a reasonable job they a 2 young lads Last season between them they let in 68 goals this is less than 6 other sides in the league everyone agrees the defending was poor but they are only part off it. The talk of R C C leaving does not please me I think it might come back to haunt us.
The excuse of he's a 'young lad' is not relevant anymore as he's now 24! If he was any good he would of showed it by now.

Adge

The excuse of he's a 'young lad' is not relevant anymore as he's now 24! If he was any good he would of showed it by now.
Indeed! Chris Kirkland was old enough and good enough at the age of 21 (I think it was) to go to Liverpool for 6million odd.

Grendel

Aren't Eastleigh loaded?

Not looking at their other signings no. They certainly won't be paying Johnson more than a high flying league one club would pay him.

He said he went to prove he could settle down and play a full season

Surprise surprise he failed.

Cavan O'Doherty

Not looking at their other signings no. They certainly won't be paying Johnson more than a high flying league one club would pay him.

He said he went to prove he could settle down and play a full season

Surprise surprise he failed.
Did he get injured?:emoji_joy:

Users who are viewing this thread